LPBolens

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 874
  • 1,176 Thanks
  • 882 posts

Posted February 16, 2016 - 11:57 PM

As I dive into the Tube Frame part of building a "where used" database of Bolens parts, I find that I have a few holes in the information available to me right now, and I would also be willing to accept some help in compiling the data for inclusion. I will explain.

1) I am missing the following Parts Lists. If you have them and can either scan them and send them to me electronically, or make hard copies to mail to me, or are willing to send an original to me on loan, post in this thread so I and others will know that that need has been fulfilled.
      855-01 & 855-02 (G9)
      1054-02
      1254-02
      1255-02 (G12)
      1256-03
      1656-04 (H16)

2) If you have a computer, a printer, some basic familiarity with Excel 2007 or some other version, and some time, I could use some help in proofreading the Excel files that are created by conversion from the scanned PDF files. This is how it would work. I would send the original PDF file and the matching Excel file to you. You would then print out the PDF file (or view it on a split screen if you prefer). Then compare it to what the Excel file shows, particularly the Part Numbers. What I am seeing is that if the quality of the PDF scan is a little off, sometimes the conversion will do things like make an 8 a 6, or vice versa. Or the leading 1 in the Part Number will show up as a 7. So you would basically be looking for typos and fixing them, then sending the corrected Excel file back. I won't send you anything that looks too terrible; I will do those myself.

Edited by LPBolens, February 17, 2016 - 09:11 PM.

• TomLGT195 and IsaiahNok have said thanks

#2 LPBolens OFFLINE  

LPBolens

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,176 Thanks
  • 882 posts

Posted February 17, 2016 - 02:33 PM

Blackjackjakexxix (Rick Show of Rick's Bolens Parts) comes through again. We can take the G9 (855-01 & -02) off the list of missing Parts Lists.

Now, to those of you who may be sitting on hordes of original documents. I am not asking that you send me copies of everything you have, but I do need the other Parts Lists that I noted at the top in this thread.

If you are willing to take a minimal chance on my integrity and send the originals to me, I will scan them and send them right back. PM me for the mailing address. (Rick and others know exactly where I live, so there is really no risk.)

Or if you do not have a scanner of your own, Office Depot/Office Max/Staples and others can either make copies or scan the documents to PDF files. Admittedly, they will charge you for it, but in my experience, not very much.

Or, as a very last resort, take good, full screen, STRAIGHT ON pictures of each page. The pictures will be JPG/JPEG files, but I have worked out a way to convert them by printing them out and then rescanning them to a PDF file, which is what I really want. Thanks in advance.

Edited by LPBolens, February 17, 2016 - 02:36 PM.

• blackjackjakexxix and TomLGT195 have said thanks

#3 Bruce Dorsi OFFLINE  

Bruce Dorsi

Old, but not dead -- yet!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1525
  • 3,179 Thanks
  • 2,148 posts

Posted February 18, 2016 - 07:47 AM

Doug:

I just checked, but I do not have any of those parts lists you requested. 

Sorry!

• LPBolens said thank you

#4 LPBolens OFFLINE  

LPBolens

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,176 Thanks
  • 882 posts

Posted February 18, 2016 - 08:39 AM

Some of them, like the H16 - 04, I am not even sure they exist. But the tractor is listed.

Thanks for checking, Bruce. I am hoping for some others to check as well.
  • blackjackjakexxix said thank you

#5 wilberj ONLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,214 Thanks
  • 5,218 posts

Posted February 18, 2016 - 05:38 PM

Some of them, like the H16 - 04, I am not even sure they exist. But the tractor is listed.

Thanks for checking, Bruce. I am hoping for some others to check as well.

H16-04 does exist I have serial 401188 and 401345 in my registry so Bolens made 1,245 or more.

• Bolens 1000 and LPBolens have said thanks

#6 LPBolens OFFLINE  

LPBolens

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,176 Thanks
  • 882 posts

Posted February 18, 2016 - 06:28 PM

But do you have the Parts List for it, Jerome?
  • blackjackjakexxix said thank you

#7 LPBolens OFFLINE  

LPBolens

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,176 Thanks
  • 882 posts

Posted February 18, 2016 - 06:40 PM

In case  some of you would like to know what I am asking of you regarding help with the proofreading after I have converted a scan of a Parts List to an Excel file, I am attaching two files.

The PDF file is a scan I made of the Parts List I got from blackjackjakexxix for the Husky 600 tractors 180-03 & 181-03 (manual and electric start respectively, but otherwise the same basic tractor). Then I converted it to the attached Excel file using other software. I deleted the Excel worksheets that simply had diagrams on them. Then I did some other basic formatting to get the Excel file into the form that I am using for all of them.

If you agree to help me with some of these proofreading efforts, these two files are typical of what I would then send to you for review and correction. If you found conversion errors when you compared the Excel file to the original PDF file, you would fix them, then send the corrected Excel file back to me for inclusion in the big database.

In this specific case, I have already done the proofreading, and got lucky that none of the part numbers or descriptions got mixed up when I converted from PDF to Excel, but you get the idea. Copies of originals do work best for this.

Attached Files

• Bruce Dorsi, blackjackjakexxix and 29 Chev have said thanks

#8 LPBolens OFFLINE  

LPBolens

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,176 Thanks
  • 882 posts

Posted February 19, 2016 - 08:08 PM

Here is a blatant attempt to make some of you feel guilty.

I have gotten a lot of help from blackjackjakexxix through the loan of a great supply of original documents, Bruce Dorsi checked to make sure he did not have any of the missing Parts Lists that I need for the Tube Frames, and last but certainly not least, 29 Chev is doing some of the proofreading.

Anyone else up for helping?
  • blackjackjakexxix and 29 Chev have said thanks

#9 Bruce Dorsi OFFLINE  

Bruce Dorsi

Old, but not dead -- yet!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1525
  • 3,179 Thanks
  • 2,148 posts

Posted February 19, 2016 - 09:36 PM

"Anyone else up for helping?"

Yes,  Doug, but I won't be near my computer for a few days.

Right now I'm on a small tablet that is OK for reading, but not for much else.

As soon as I'm available, I'll contact you.

• LPBolens, blackjackjakexxix and 29 Chev have said thanks

#10 LPBolens OFFLINE  

LPBolens

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,176 Thanks
  • 882 posts

Posted February 19, 2016 - 10:48 PM

Thanks, Bruce.

#11 wilberj ONLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,214 Thanks
  • 5,218 posts

Posted February 20, 2016 - 10:31 AM

Doug what you have left you need now?  I have ton of stuff that I haven't even got into yet that i can look in today when i get time.

#12 blackjackjakexxix OFFLINE  

blackjackjakexxix

Blackjackjakexxix

• Sponsor
  • Member No: 2194
  • 2,356 Thanks
  • 1,763 posts

Posted February 20, 2016 - 01:58 PM

He listed above in the post some of the stuff he's missing

#13 slf-uk ONLINE  

slf-uk
  • Member No: 62999
  • 183 Thanks
  • 90 posts

Posted February 20, 2016 - 04:20 PM

I am happy to help with some proofreading although I will not be able to start until Monday

Iain
  • LPBolens, blackjackjakexxix and Bolens800uk have said thanks

#14 Toolfoole OFFLINE  

Toolfoole

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8230
  • 230 Thanks
  • 133 posts

Posted February 20, 2016 - 11:31 PM

I, too, found the same "holes" in my dealer binder. I thought this to be a bit too coincidental, so I started looking through other sections of the binder. In the Service Bulletin section I discovered Bulletin No. 26, dated June 21, 1971, as well as Bulletin No. 33, dated December 15, 1971. The subject of Bulletin No. 26 is entitled "Temporary parts list for Model 1256-03 Husky tractor". It further stated: "Until a permanent 1256-03 illustrated Parts Catalog can be published, this bulletin should be inserted into your 1256-02 parts catalog and the cover marked: 1256-02 and 03." Is it possible that a 1256-03 Parts Catalog was never published?

The subject of Bulletin No. 33 is entitled "Parts list for Model 1054-02" and it further states: "This bulletin should be inserted into your Model 1054-01 Husky Tractor Parts Catalog and the cover marked: 1054-01 and 1054-02." Notice they didn't say "temporary" on this bulletin, implying that they had no intention of publishing a specific 1054-02 Parts catalog. This seems to be further evidence that they may have never gone ahead with a specific Parts catalog for the 1256-03, especially since this Bulletin came out only six months later.

So, it may be futile to look for these mysterious, possibly non-existent, Parts Catalogs. As these two were the only Service Bulletins that I could find, out of the missing tractor models, it may still be worthwhile to look for the Parts Catalogs or Service Bulletins for the remaining tractor models.

I scanned my Service Bulletins and am posting them here. There are only a few parts listed on each (9 on the 1054-02 and 11 on the 1256-03), so maybe you could just copy them directly. Let me know, if you'd like me to send the JPEG files to you.

Attached Thumbnails

• Service Bulletin No 26a.jpg
  • Service Bulletin No 33a.jpg

• OldBuzzard, LPBolens, Bruce Dorsi and 1 other said thanks

#15 LPBolens OFFLINE  

LPBolens

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,176 Thanks
  • 882 posts

Posted February 22, 2016 - 10:58 PM

Great info, Toolfoole. Thanks for it. That fills two gaps!

Edited by LPBolens, February 22, 2016 - 10:58 PM.