lyall

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2180
  • 1,746 Thanks
  • 1,398 posts

Posted February 16, 2016 - 10:02 PM

Many years ago I bought a JD 112 with hydraulic lift and mower deck.  It was setting behind a garage.  I stopped and talked to the owner asking if it was for sell.  He said yes and $50 and I can have it.

I was happy to get it, because I was needing a transaxle for my 110.  Got it home a stated taking all apart.  Put the transaxle in the 110.  Stored all the parts from the 112 and got rid of the frame. 

Now that I am older and wiser (I think).  Why did I part out the 112?  I should have fixed it and used it.

I am starting to have problems lifting the tiller or snowblower on my 212 or 214, and yes both have helper springs.  and yes I still have the 73 110, but I have a FEL on it and that it will stay on it.

So now I have to start looking for a 73 or 74 110 or 112 so that I can put the motor and hydraulic lift in it.

I have bought, rebuild ( restored) and sold around 8 JD's 200 series the last 6 years.

I know the motor is will turn over by hand, I have checked it over the years.  I will take it apart and check it over and rebuild it.  I will also take the hydraulics apart and check it over and rebuild it, too.

Now for the search goes on in my area.

Just have to get the word out in my area and start looking.

wish me luck

• wvbuzzmaster, Cvans, hdg4400 and 4 others have said thanks

#2 ol' stonebreaker ONLINE  

ol' stonebreaker
  • Member No: 12515
  • 1,304 Thanks
  • 973 posts

Posted February 16, 2016 - 10:20 PM

Well, you know the old saying about hindsight being 20/20.

Mike

• Alc, lyall, boyscout862 and 1 other said thanks

#3 farmer john OFFLINE  

farmer john
  • Member No: 11605
  • 1,716 Thanks
  • 869 posts

Posted February 16, 2016 - 10:40 PM

I know exactly what you mean, I did that once, but the only problem is now is I cant bear to take any of my parts tractors apart, now im looking for part part tractors to fix all my part tractors ha ha ha !! please find a cure so I can stop this madness!

• Alc, wvbuzzmaster, lyall and 2 others have said thanks

#4 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted February 16, 2016 - 10:43 PM

I'm a young guy and trying to equip my tractors with automated lift stuff because I know one day I will have the same tractors and less strength lol. I got wiser after the manual lift tiller.... Pinched a nerve in my back, years later it still aches sometimes.
  • farmer john said thank you

#5 hdg4400 OFFLINE  

hdg4400

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6945
  • 254 Thanks
  • 326 posts

Posted February 17, 2016 - 09:19 AM

lyall;

Good luck in your search. I loved the hydraulic lift on the 140 I had. With it I had the deck, snow blower, and some homemade attachments which used the lift. Only have the mower deck on my 318.

I'll keep an eye out.

Harlan

• lyall said thank you