Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Mead and Struck Crawlers (Thamesville, ON)

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 jtrojek OFFLINE  

jtrojek
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8084
  • 1,021 Thanks
  • 550 posts

Posted February 16, 2016 - 07:00 PM

Not mine, but I do know the fellow who is selling/trading them.

http://www.kijiji.ca...gationFlag=true

$_27.JPG

$_27.JPG

$_27.JPG

$_27.JPG

• limebuzz and Cvans have said thanks

#2 MGP59DB OFFLINE  

MGP59DB
  • Member No: 66960
  • 1,040 Thanks
  • 525 posts

Posted February 16, 2016 - 07:20 PM

Any Idea what he wants for the Yellow one? I like it !

#3 jtrojek OFFLINE  

jtrojek
  • Contributor
  • 1,021 Thanks
  • 550 posts

Posted February 16, 2016 - 07:22 PM

Any Idea what he wants for the Yellow one? I like it !

I have no idea what kind of money he wants for either of them.  I asked him, but he said he was looking for offers.

#4 Jazz OFFLINE  

Jazz
  • Member No: 62028
  • 1,442 Thanks
  • 953 posts

Posted February 16, 2016 - 07:30 PM

No price so likely a arm and a leg!

#5 gopher OFFLINE  

gopher

• Member No: 2755
  • 569 Thanks
  • 631 posts

Posted February 16, 2016 - 08:18 PM

Is that something he custom made from mead parts? Never ever seen wide stance let alone high sprocket on a mead. maybe made high crop for garden. I see all kinds of possibilities of attachments for that machine. 

#6 CRFarnsworth OFFLINE  

CRFarnsworth

• Contributor
  • Member No: 6275
  • 3,658 Thanks
  • 1,740 posts

Posted February 16, 2016 - 08:36 PM

I want that puppy!!

Attached Thumbnails

• $_27.jpg

#7 jtrojek OFFLINE  

jtrojek
  • Contributor
  • 1,021 Thanks
  • 550 posts

Posted February 16, 2016 - 08:55 PM

No price so likely a arm and a leg!

Tough to say.  I've bought a few things from him over the years, and his prices are often quite reasonable.  If he wants to get rid of them, then they might be quite reasonable.  Plus, he's in Ontario.  With the exchange rate, whatever his price is, you can take off probably 35% if you have US dollars.

Is that something he custom made from mead parts? Never ever seen wide stance let alone high sprocket on a mead. maybe made high crop for garden. I see all kinds of possibilities of attachments for that machine. 

I can find that out, or at least part of the story.  I can tell you that it does have a Mead tag because I took a picture of it when I was there.  The tag says that it's a Mead Mighty Mouse, model M6   0   8 (? - last number is hard to read), serial # 54   4   5.  I also know the fellow who owned it before him.  It seems to me he said something about it being a custom piece or something?  Not sure exactly what that means, and I can't remember the exact story or how he knows that.  I could ask to find out, if someone's serious about it though.

I want that puppy!!

It is neat.  Really wide.  Definitely seems made for a specific purpose, though I could be wrong.

Tough to remember but it seems to me the fellow who owned it before him told me something about it being made for vegetable fields or something in the Holland Marsh area (black muck area that grows lots of vegetables).  Anyway, don't quote me on that as it's really fuzzy.  I may be completely wrong, but again, could ask him, if someone's serious.

Also, he's not far from me if someone wants me to make a trip to see him....  I may even be able to arrange delivery, all depending....

#8 MGP59DB OFFLINE  

MGP59DB
  • Member No: 66960
  • 1,040 Thanks
  • 525 posts

Posted February 16, 2016 - 10:04 PM

I don't know what a fair offer would even be - probably out of my price range ... based on some I was looking around at on the internet.

#9 jtrojek OFFLINE  

jtrojek
  • Contributor
  • 1,021 Thanks
  • 550 posts

Posted February 17, 2016 - 05:01 PM

I talked to the fellow who owned the Mead before the current owner.  He said that the Mead spent most of its life in the Holland Marsh area of Ontario (black muck, very flat and known for its vegetables).  According to him, Mead made these crawlers for vegetable growers and you could mount planters on the front of them (and they had other attachments as well), if I understand correctly.  it sounded like they were a more specialized production machine.  If that's true it makes sense.  I can see it being really good for vegetables in a place like Holland Marsh. 

• limebuzz said thank you