It's all good Rick, we're both just trying to help a member out.. :thumbs:

• blackjackjakexxix said thank you

#47 sledgehammer OFFLINE  

sledgehammer
  • Member No: 80817
  • 25 Thanks
  • 13 posts

Posted February 22, 2016 - 08:20 AM

Its not a smart phone, its a flip phone with big buttons, no internet, no text, just a phone with a 1.1mp camera in it. It don't even have any sort of flash that I can tell. All the pics I took inside look completely dark on the screen.

The first pic I posted was from my old phone, it had a cable that went from the phone to the computer, this one has a cable but it says the only way to get the pics to the computer is by bluetooth. I even bought one of those dongles to add bluetooth to the computer but it won't recognize it. I called the techline for the phone and they said my computer is too old to do bluetooth. Something about the chipset not being able to recognize it? I do better with things with wheels and spark plugs.

• olcowhand and Texas Deere and Horse have said thanks

#48 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted February 22, 2016 - 09:31 PM

Hey sledgehammer, I sent you a PM. Check at the top right hand side of the page to see the notification.

#49 sledgehammer OFFLINE  

sledgehammer
  • 25 Thanks
  • 13 posts

Posted February 23, 2016 - 12:02 AM

Hey sledgehammer, I sent you a PM. Check at the top right hand side of the page to see the notification.

Replied

The phone don't text pics, I'd have to pay extra to have that service. LG tells me I need a newer computer to get pics from this phone.
I don't know what's wrong with just making things simple these days, my old phone hooked up via a usb cable when I needed to download pics. This one needs bluetooth 4.0 to work, and my computer was built before bluetooth was available on a PC.

#50 wilberj ONLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,183 Thanks
  • 5,209 posts

Posted February 23, 2016 - 12:06 AM

Replied

The phone don't text pics, I'd have to pay extra to have that service. LG tells me I need a newer computer to get pics from this phone.
I don't know what's wrong with just making things simple these days, my old phone hooked up via a usb cable when I needed to download pics. This one needs bluetooth 4.0 to work, and my computer was built before bluetooth was available on a PC.

What kind of PC do you have? 

#51 poncho62 OFFLINE  

poncho62
  • Member No: 42
  • 631 Thanks
  • 1,219 posts

Posted February 23, 2016 - 06:14 AM

All very good points. I to am on kijiji daily looking at both Ontario and Quebec listings, I have yet to find a way to do a Canadian wide search. 

Canadian search.........

http://www.kijiji.ca...da/tractor/k0l0

Bookmark this page and just change the search word to what you want

• AA Hayes said thank you

#52 AA Hayes OFFLINE  

AA Hayes
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 67383
  • 324 Thanks
  • 274 posts

Posted February 23, 2016 - 10:36 AM

Canadian search.........

http://www.kijiji.ca...da/tractor/k0l0

Bookmark this page and just change the search word to what you want

Thanks!
How did you get it to search all Canada?

#53 sledgehammer OFFLINE  

sledgehammer
  • 25 Thanks
  • 13 posts

Posted February 23, 2016 - 10:49 AM

What kind of PC do you have? 

I'm not sure what it is, I bought it at a flea market back in 2002. There's a decal on the front that says Athlon 2400 on the front.

It was supposed to be only a few years old when I bough it.

#54 1967bolens collector OFFLINE  

1967bolens collector

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1920
  • 648 Thanks
  • 1,437 posts

Posted February 23, 2016 - 10:58 AM

Seems like a lot of money for a 1250 but I see Bolens getting more popular everyday I started when most didn't know of a bolens or thought they were junk but I knew what I had then they look at the axles an just the ruggedness of them an then they change there mind. When I first started looking on eBay for this stuff u were lucky to get 4 pages of stuff an most was old pto pulleys an just parts once in a while Ann attachment an I bid on a front mount pto for a TF I never seen another one it sold for $65.00 I lost it because my cousin for got to check it for me an rebid I didn't have a computer back then. Anyway now I can't imagine what one would bring and there's well over 100 pages of stuff a lot of junk I know but none the less I never for seen Bolens becoming this popular!!!
  • Bolens 1000 and blackjackjakexxix have said thanks

#55 Chubien ONLINE  

Chubien
  • Member No: 61561
  • 604 Thanks
  • 382 posts

Posted February 23, 2016 - 11:16 AM

Not sure on the buyer from Canada, he didn't say much at all.

If he was from Quebec he may have had only basic or no English at all.

#56 Bolens 1000 OFFLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,673 Thanks
  • 17,198 posts

Posted February 23, 2016 - 11:30 AM

When I first started looking on eBay for this stuff u were lucky to get 4 pages of stuff an most was old pto pulleys an just parts once in a while Ann attachment an I bid on a front mount pto for a TF I never seen another one it sold for $65.00 I lost it because my cousin for got to check it for me an rebid I didn't have a computer back then. Anyway now I can't imagine what one would bring and there's well over 100 pages of stuff a lot of junk I know but none the less I never for seen Bolens becoming this popular!!!

That is very true, I remember the early days before alot had computers and I was still buying NLA stuff from the local dealer, figuring this would be it for parts.

One thing I can say though is the forums and the internet I believe saved these tractors from dying a slow painful death, parts are once again plentiful and the Bolens following seems to be stronger than ever, so while the internet has made things more expensive it has also saved these machines from being scrapped now that people can find info and parts much easier than running around local to old shops that are pretty much cleaned out and we also have more access to stuff across the states that we would never be able to find/buy before.

• 1967bolens collector, blackjackjakexxix, TomLGT195 and 2 others have said thanks

#57 LPBolens OFFLINE  

LPBolens

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 874
  • 1,176 Thanks
  • 882 posts

Posted February 23, 2016 - 11:43 AM

I would not have most of the Bolens equipment and parts that I do now if the Internet did not exist. Nor would I have been able to keep them going. I was fortunate that I got in early, before the prices soared.
  • Bolens 1000 and blackjackjakexxix have said thanks

#58 WrenchinOnIt OFFLINE  

WrenchinOnIt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8592
  • 2,514 Thanks
  • 732 posts

Posted February 23, 2016 - 11:59 AM

Hey Sledgehammer welcome to the forum, congrats on your sales, I see another forum member here bought some of your pieces and said he will post some pics. Been there done that on what electronic gadgets liked another but not the next and so on, had to break down and get a smart phone and a tablet to keep up. We are all not skeptics here, sometimes it can be a tough crowd, but mostly a bunch of good guys with a lot of knowledge ,willing to share. Check out our sight sponsors at the top of the forum page for your parts needs.
My first Bolens was given to me in 1989 buy my F.I.L a lifetime Bolens loyalist, it is an H16 that had dropped a valve, we ended up restoring the tractor. The only place to get parts was from the dealers ( we had three close by) and the prices were ASTRONOMICAL ! That was then, this now (IMO) is better, repo parts, reasonable OEM, NOS stuff (most of the time) good used parts from great guys,internet sales ,and forums such as this ,to ask, share, be enlightened and befriended.
  • blackjackjakexxix, 29 Chev and AA Hayes have said thanks

#59 AA Hayes OFFLINE  

AA Hayes
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 67383
  • 324 Thanks
  • 274 posts

Posted February 23, 2016 - 12:36 PM

If he was from Quebec he may have had only basic or no English at all.

Very true, probably would have been a very friendly fellow if you knew some French.
My wife and her family are from eastern Quebec, abitibi-temiscaming area. Super friendly people in Quebec, Ontario too, but quebecers take the cake for the most part in my opinion.

#60 LPBolens OFFLINE  

LPBolens

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 874
  • 1,176 Thanks
  • 882 posts

Posted February 23, 2016 - 12:40 PM

Of course, the best attribute of the Internet is our ability to form long distance communities of folks who have similar interests, like Bolens tractors. I have met some of you Bolens fanatics, and have developed relationships with some others that I may never meet face-to-face, but enjoy the contact anyway

• Bolens 1000, blackjackjakexxix and AA Hayes have said thanks