#31 wilberj OFFLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,185 Thanks
  • 5,209 posts

Posted February 20, 2016 - 11:09 AM

Edited by wilberj, February 20, 2016 - 11:42 AM.

#32 sledgehammer OFFLINE  

sledgehammer
  • Member No: 80817
  • 25 Thanks
  • 13 posts

Posted February 21, 2016 - 07:21 AM

Well, as of last night, there's two less Bolens and about half the attachments to move. I kept the one 1250 with the loader, (the one not pictured yet) and the one parts tractor, plus two 3pt dirt plows, one cultivator, one 3 pt disc, and one snow plow. I also kept one rototiller.

I sold the one 1250 with loader in the pic above for $1800, with the smaller bucket, I got $400 for the two row Brinly disc, $200 for one 12" dirt plow, $300 for one Bolens rototiller, (the one without any extensions added), $100 for the Brinly cultivator, and $800 for the complete 1250 without a loader. I sold the third Johnson 12 loader to a separate buyer for $1500. The guy that bought the loader drove down from Canada. He said he heard about this stuff from a buddy who read about it on this forum so I am assuming that everything went to someone here, as I didn't post it anywhere else.

I've got another offer on the pictured 1250 but I'm not sure I want to let that one go.

The MF 130 also got picked up.

Even after selling more than half of the lot I still have the better part of one trailer full of the remaining attachments and the one 1250 with loader. The guy that bought the spare loader showed up with an enclosed car trailer with several John Deere tractors inside which he said he bought in PA earlier Sat. morning. My take was that the loader was going to end up on one of the JD machines he bought elsewhere.

I also sold a few boxes of parts, many it seems were from other models, I kept one box of air filters, one box of oil filters, and most all the belts.

I also kept the extra set of turf and ag tires.

By the end of today the place should be empty and ready for sale, what's left will get hauled back here until I decide what to do with it i guess.
I sort of regret letting the rest of the lot go but I just didn't have the time to pack and store all of it. This way I have one less trailer parked here to go through.

I'll snap some pics of the two remaining machines as I unload them this week. We were in too much of a hurry yesterday to take pics, I only had one helper and for only part of the day.

• LPBolens, Bruce Dorsi, blackjackjakexxix and 1 other said thanks

#33 wilberj OFFLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,185 Thanks
  • 5,209 posts

Posted February 21, 2016 - 09:07 AM

Why do I not believe all this...  

• farmerall said thank you

#34 Chubien OFFLINE  

Chubien
  • Member No: 61561
  • 604 Thanks
  • 382 posts

Posted February 21, 2016 - 09:16 AM

I've done my share of "milk runs" leaving Canada to pick up stuff in the US, but I have to say New Jersey this time of year is a good run. Even more so considering there are a few large frames with loaders available up here on kijiji.
Looks like you got good money for it all and it sold pretty quickly.
  • blackjackjakexxix said thank you

#35 AA Hayes OFFLINE  

AA Hayes
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 67383
  • 324 Thanks
  • 274 posts

Posted February 21, 2016 - 09:29 AM

I've done my share of "milk runs" leaving Canada to pick up stuff in the US, but I have to say New Jersey this time of year is a good run. Even more so considering there are a few large frames with loaders available up here on kijiji.
Looks like you got good money for it all and it sold pretty quickly.

All of the good tractors with loaders priced half decent up here sell very quick, and most of the others are priced high or have been hacked up with motor swaps are poorly made loaders.

#36 AA Hayes OFFLINE  

AA Hayes
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 324 Thanks
  • 274 posts

Posted February 21, 2016 - 09:29 AM

Why do I not believe all this...

It's seems to me you are a born sceptic, which can have its benefits and down falls like everything us humans do.
  • OldBuzzard and KennyP have said thanks

#37 blackjackjakexxix OFFLINE  

blackjackjakexxix

Blackjackjakexxix

• Sponsor
  • Member No: 2194
  • 2,346 Thanks
  • 1,756 posts

Posted February 21, 2016 - 10:07 AM

Well, as of last night, there's two less Bolens and about half the attachments to move. I kept the one 1250 with the loader, (the one not pictured yet) and the one parts tractor, plus two 3pt dirt plows, one cultivator, one 3 pt disc, and one snow plow. I also kept one rototiller.

I sold the one 1250 with loader in the pic above for $1800, with the smaller bucket, I got $400 for the two row Brinly disc, $200 for one 12" dirt plow, $300 for one Bolens rototiller, (the one without any extensions added), $100 for the Brinly cultivator, and $800 for the complete 1250 without a loader. I sold the third Johnson 12 loader to a separate buyer for $1500. The guy that bought the loader drove down from Canada. He said he heard about this stuff from a buddy who read about it on this forum so I am assuming that everything went to someone here, as I didn't post it anywhere else.

I've got another offer on the pictured 1250 but I'm not sure I want to let that one go.

The MF 130 also got picked up.

Even after selling more than half of the lot I still have the better part of one trailer full of the remaining attachments and the one 1250 with loader. The guy that bought the spare loader showed up with an enclosed car trailer with several John Deere tractors inside which he said he bought in PA earlier Sat. morning. My take was that the loader was going to end up on one of the JD machines he bought elsewhere.

I also sold a few boxes of parts, many it seems were from other models, I kept one box of air filters, one box of oil filters, and most all the belts.

I also kept the extra set of turf and ag tires.

By the end of today the place should be empty and ready for sale, what's left will get hauled back here until I decide what to do with it i guess.
I sort of regret letting the rest of the lot go but I just didn't have the time to pack and store all of it. This way I have one less trailer parked here to go through.

I'll snap some pics of the two remaining machines as I unload them this week. We were in too much of a hurry yesterday to take pics, I only had one helper and for only part of the day.

Looks like you had a very good day,if your happy that's all that counts,stuff out your way does appear to bring a little more money than it does back my way(nothing wrong with that,supply and demand),good luck with the rest of the stuff your selling,appears your not going to have a hard time selling it

Edited by blackjackjakexxix, February 21, 2016 - 10:20 AM.

#38 Chubien OFFLINE  

Chubien
  • Member No: 61561
  • 604 Thanks
  • 382 posts

Posted February 21, 2016 - 10:27 AM

All of the good tractors with loaders priced half decent up here sell very quick, and most of the others are priced high or have been hacked up with motor swaps are poorly made loaders.

I keep an eye out daily on kijiji for this stuff and my take on it is they do command a bit higher price for this nice ones, but it seems there are more "good" original tractors proportionally speaking, seems people don't use them as much as our neighbours south of the border.

Either way a 1500$US loader is 2100$CAN, fuel for the drive will be 200$+, hotel for one night, wear and tear of the car and meals on the road.... That loader soon becomes close to a 3000$CAN investment. Not too far off of a good "expensive" tractor/loader setup around our way.

On the other hand if one is already on the road and in the area then that's a different story as most of the travel costs would have already been assumed.
  • blackjackjakexxix and AA Hayes have said thanks

#39 AA Hayes OFFLINE  

AA Hayes
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 324 Thanks
  • 274 posts

Posted February 21, 2016 - 10:47 AM

I keep an eye out daily on kijiji for this stuff and my take on it is they do command a bit higher price for this nice ones, but it seems there are more "good" original tractors proportionally speaking, seems people don't use them as much as our neighbours south of the border.
Either way a 1500$US loader is 2100$CAN, fuel for the drive will be 200$+, hotel for one night, wear and tear of the car and meals on the road.... That loader soon becomes close to a 3000$CAN investment. Not too far off of a good "expensive" tractor/loader setup around our way.
On the other hand if one is already on the road and in the area then that's a different story as most of the travel costs would have already been assumed.

All very good points. I to am on kijiji daily looking at both Ontario and Quebec listings, I have yet to find a way to do a Canadian wide search. I have also struggled with efficiently searching the upper eastern states. I too have done some long hulls for tractors, I purchased my ht20 close to you actually.

#40 sledgehammer OFFLINE  

sledgehammer
  • 25 Thanks
  • 13 posts

Posted February 21, 2016 - 10:51 AM

I can't say if the loader was the main goal of that buyers trip or not but he was driving a mini van and pulling a small enclosed car trailer, maybe 18 or 20'. He had the two JD tractors already on the trailer, plus several loose motors.

He emailed me the night before and made an offer. I had more than 20 other emails on the loader and the 1250 tractors. The first two to email showed up an bought. The buyer of the 1250 and all the implements dug through just about everything, I think he would have taken the entire lot if I had been willing to just let it all go at one time. He came with a huge trailer and a one ton pickup.

I have another standing offer on the 1250 with no loader of $1400. I've had a dozen or more offers of a grand or less for the last 1250 with the loader but I've got just as many offers of $1200 or more just for the loader if I cared to remove it.

I have an offer of $500 cash for the double row Brinly disc that's left but I think that's a keeper no matter what.
I have a $300 offer on the tiller and several $200 offers on the Brinly dirt plows. A few wanted me to ship items but I'm not interested in shipping anything.

For right now, meaning today or until I get these all home in my yard, the rest will stay. All of the tinkering by those who came out yesterday now has the other remaining 1250 running although with a make shift fuel tank. I did find two other good tanks and at least one spare, new carburetor if needed..

I really expected this to take a lot longer, I had no idea there were so many interested in old Bolens tractors. Even if I make nothing on selling these off, the bonus I'll be getting for emptying the building so fast will make it worth my while.

I'm heading over there around noon time today, I expect to be done by dark or sooner.

#41 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted February 21, 2016 - 06:54 PM

Hey Sledgehammer, did you ever get any photos of all that stuff. I know I sure would like to see all that Bolens stuff in one place. Sounds like a great collection for sure.

• wilberj and AA Hayes have said thanks

#42 sledgehammer OFFLINE  

sledgehammer
  • 25 Thanks
  • 13 posts

Posted February 21, 2016 - 11:11 PM

I took lots of pics, the problem is I used my new cell phone, which won't communicate with my computer. The phone manual says to use bluetooth to download pics to a computer, my computer don't know what bluetooth is.

The new owner will probably post pic here soon enough too, he took a ton of pics of the tractor and parts and said he plans to fix it up ASAP.

Not sure on the buyer from Canada, he didn't say much at all.

I spent most of the afternoon getting the rest of the stuff loaded in the trailer and secured. A buddy is going to pick up both trailers and move them here in the morning.

The owner of the place and the developer should be pretty happy.

Once the weather warms up a bit I'll get the other two tractors out of the trailer, they'll be stuck in there for a bit till I move things around here a bit.

Does anyone have a pic of how the 3pt hitch is supposed to be assembled on a 1250?  I found two arms, a turnbuckle top link, and two threaded links but I don't see what keeps it all from just flopping around?

When one of these isn't running, what do most people do to keep the bucket off he ground? When I shut the thing down, the bucket sits on the ground, it drifts down overnight if I leave it up a few inches.

On the 14hp tractor, the wiring is off the switch, the switch is broken in pieces. Does anyone know which version ignition switch these use?

• Texas Deere and Horse said thank you

#43 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted February 21, 2016 - 11:20 PM

I took lots of pics, the problem is I used my new cell phone, which won't communicate with my computer. The phone manual says to use bluetooth to download pics to a computer, my computer don't know what bluetooth is.

The new owner will probably post pic here soon enough too, he took a ton of pics of the tractor and parts and said he plans to fix it up ASAP.

Not sure on the buyer from Canada, he didn't say much at all.

I just email all mine from my phone to my email, then download them on my PC. You can also post them directly from your phone to GTtalk with the mobil app..

• blackjackjakexxix, WrenchinOnIt and AA Hayes have said thanks

#44 blackjackjakexxix OFFLINE  

blackjackjakexxix

Blackjackjakexxix

• Sponsor
  • 2,346 Thanks
  • 1,756 posts

Posted February 21, 2016 - 11:23 PM

If you bought a smart ph,go to this forum on it, you can down load them from your ph to here,I have done it several times,or you can email them from your ph to your computer and place them in a picture file and down load them from your file to here,just a thought

• Texas Deere and Horse and WrenchinOnIt have said thanks

#45 blackjackjakexxix OFFLINE  

blackjackjakexxix

Blackjackjakexxix

• Sponsor
  • 2,346 Thanks
  • 1,756 posts

Posted February 21, 2016 - 11:24 PM

Sorry Texas Deere and Horse,must have been typing the same time as you

• Texas Deere and Horse said thank you