Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Need headlight mounting help on a 8 asap.

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 limebuzz ONLINE  

limebuzz

• Member No: 795
  • 863 Thanks
  • 879 posts

Posted February 18, 2016 - 11:13 AM

Those weights are very hard to find. Only seen 1 set for sale ever. I was wondering I those would work on the front of the 16,1855's looks like the same rim used. Never have checked that out yet.

#17 pappysMF OFFLINE  

pappysMF
  • Member No: 78534
  • 78 Thanks
  • 68 posts

Posted February 18, 2016 - 11:30 AM

We will certainly have fun at the show, it's going to be nice getting out to a show while it's still cold and my 11 year old is excited to show his new toy. He's already trying to bet me his little Massey will get more attention than my big Massey...LOL!

I was told from the gentleman that I purchased the 8 from that he was told they are original weights. Not sure how I would ever know for sure but it did also come with a snow blade so chances are very good. They were definitely one of the buying points when I found the 8.

About the lip, this is a electric start engine. I'm wondering if your hood without the lip would have came off a pull start engine?

Yeah, that hydro release lever is a must but it is kinda awkward to use especially when trying to push the tractor. The lever needs pulled and held while you are trying to push. It's like your mind playing tricks on your body while trying to do it. It would be nice if it locked in place. My JD hydro locks, just makes it much easier.

Speaking of locking, would these tractors by chance come with a latch that would hold the rear fender pan from hitting the tires when lifted? I notice when I lift my fender pan it hits both the tires and the cross bracket sheet metal piece. Even just a small cable like what hold the hood would be great. I was just wondering if something was originally there before I make something.

#18 Sugarmaker OFFLINE  

Sugarmaker
  • Member No: 51516
  • 205 Thanks
  • 172 posts

Posted February 18, 2016 - 06:57 PM

My engine has electric start and pull cord start too. I think it is a replacement engine. so still not sure about my old hood correctness??

Nice to have the rare rear weights! Makes sense if you had a blade with it.

Sounds like the rear fender cable would be a good idea. I see mine hits too.

Where is your show again?

Hope you and your son have a great time!

Regards,

Chris

#19 pappysMF OFFLINE  

pappysMF
  • Member No: 78534
  • 78 Thanks
  • 68 posts

Posted February 20, 2016 - 11:26 PM

Sugarmaker, the show was at the Lebanon Fair Grounds in Lebanon PA. It was a first time grass roots show that had the atmosphere of a well seasoned event. Josh did an excellent job at organizing the event and had well over 200 finely restored pieces on site to admire.

We had a great time at the show and even had Classic Tractor Fever interview my son and I for a upcoming episode of the TV show. We were super excited and honored to be asked to show and tell our tractors. A memory I am sure my son will not soon forget.

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpeg
  • image.jpeg
  • image.jpeg

• limebuzz, MH81 and KennyP have said thanks

#20 limebuzz ONLINE  

limebuzz

• Member No: 795
  • 863 Thanks
  • 879 posts

Posted February 21, 2016 - 06:07 AM

That's great to hear. Your right,your son should remember that forever.Two great looking tractors you have there.great work
  • pappysMF said thank you

#21 Sugarmaker OFFLINE  

Sugarmaker
  • Member No: 51516
  • 205 Thanks
  • 172 posts

Posted February 23, 2016 - 09:25 AM

Great pictures! Thanks for posting them. The little 8 looks like its holding its own against its Great Gradnfather tractor.

Regard,

Chris