pto attachments manuals belts

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 J4lvl3s OFFLINE  

• Member No: 80775
  • 0 Thanks
  • 3 posts

Posted February 15, 2016 - 12:57 PM

First post. Picked up a 1983 PK 2418 from an old friend that was just sitting in a barn. Changed points, condenser and it fired right up. I'm reading as much as I can find on this tractor but need help with information on the rear PTO. It has a front PTO (belt missing) under which is a bracket with two vertical pulleys then a larger pulley housing that drives the rear PTO shaft. Everything moves freely by hand. Now my questions:

1. Are there any manuals for the rear PTO?

2. Are there 3 point attachments / implements available for it?

3. Anyone have a belt guide for the rear PTO?

4. Did all PK rear PTOs spin at 2k rpm?

Thank you for your time

• Member No: 62466
  • 904 Thanks
  • 789 posts

Posted February 15, 2016 - 02:13 PM

Hi J4lv3s, welcome to the PK group, could you post some pictures of your rear PTO and tractor would be a help with your questions, as far as I know all the PTO's run at 2000 R's, yes there should be some manual information in the sites manual section, PK had a larger assortment of 3 PT attachments, from plows, discs seeders hillers pull behind mowers( they may not be 3 pt) tillers rear blades box blades just about anything one would want but finding them can be hunt. By belt guide are you asking about belt sizes, if so in one or more manuals there are belt guides. It my be worth your time to buy one of Larry Goss's thumb drives he has about 30000 pades og PK manuals etc, I think member Username sells them. Good luck and have fun with the PK post some pictures of it.

• boyscout862 and Genem have said thanks

#3 boyscout862 ONLINE  

• Member No: 8923
  • 9,504 Thanks
  • 7,369 posts

Posted February 15, 2016 - 04:06 PM

Welcome to GTT. Good Luck, Rick

#4 Alc OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,288 Thanks
  • 6,490 posts

Posted February 15, 2016 - 05:02 PM

Welcome to GTTalk ! I've only saw pictures of the PK pto though my Jim Dandy has the tiller which runs off the front engine pulley to a drive pulley on a spring loaded belt tensioner setup from there has a u joint into an enclosed drive shaft right on into the tillers gearbox. What kind of attachments are you looking for ? Just pto driven ones ?

Edited by Alc, February 15, 2016 - 05:03 PM.

#5 Username OFFLINE  

• Member No: 2568
  • 2,064 Thanks
  • 1,425 posts

Posted February 15, 2016 - 05:18 PM

Rear PTO manual.

Attached Files

• Alc, Oldford and MNGB have said thanks

#6 Alc OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,288 Thanks
  • 6,490 posts

Posted February 15, 2016 - 08:40 PM

I saved this picture that I found  , can't remember where though

PK PTO.jpg

• Username and MNGB have said thanks

#7 glgrumpy ONLINE  

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,499 Thanks
  • 6,370 posts

Posted February 15, 2016 - 08:54 PM

I don't think the rear pto on PK's was the best option. Ran as fast as the engine and not many attachments are set-up for that speed. I'm sure the originals are all hard to find. Woods had mower for awhile, but not sure you can find those anymore.  The tillers for PK have there own shaft and hangers and this pto would have to come off to even mount and use that original type.  Seems maybe a wood splitter was offered that ran pump off that shaft, might be wrong?? Rare again.  Putting a three point hitch on this year tractor is good idea, but must get the one for the lower lift cylinder system, not the one on right side up above.  They are offered on ebay all the time and maybe at shows. Not hard to find. I'm assuming it has hydraulics?  If not, then that system would also need to be found and mounted unless you went with the manual lift, not that nice really. I would consider this pto only for a show item to talk about and not really for using in everyday projects.  Just me .02! 

• Alc and MNGB have said thanks