Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,452 Thanks
  • 6,622 posts

Posted February 16, 2016 - 11:32 AM

Looks like the best spot is in between the doors.

Unless I forget and leave the handle out ,,,, either side I'm doomed , wife's Blazer is on one side and her Malibu is in the other lol    

• MH81 and KennyP have said thanks

#17 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 5,452 Thanks
  • 6,622 posts

Posted February 18, 2016 - 06:48 AM

Borrowed a hammer drill yesterday , never used one before , can't believe how quick it was to drill the holes !!  I've only ever used my old 1/2" drill with those masonry bits , heck even in just concrete blocks it was a pita .  I ended up putting holes at each end of the garage and turned the ones between the garage doors at a angle . From what I've been reading you pull the handle mostly clockwise so this way I would be able to keep the door closed if I ever had to extend the handle all the way starting form the right side . I  used 2 part epoxy  & from what the instruction said about curing time & as cold as the garage is it will be 72 hours to cure so I'll be able to try this bender out by the weekend

• MH81, KennyP and MFDAC have said thanks

#18 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,455 Thanks
  • 39,686 posts

Posted February 18, 2016 - 07:00 AM

Glad you got it mounted. Let us know how it works! :camera: Please!

• Alc said thank you

#19 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 5,452 Thanks
  • 6,622 posts

Posted February 18, 2016 - 08:55 AM

Here's the manual for the HF bender and some info on the better Hossfeld ones, found another one but for some reason it wouldn't load , maybe to big of a file ?

Attached File  38470.pdf   1.12MB   61 downloadsAttached File  Hossfeld_Bender_Model1_Catalog.pdf   1.05MB   42 downloadsAttached File  Hossfeld_Bender_Tooling_Brochure.pdf   1.91MB   51 downloads

• Bruce Dorsi and KennyP have said thanks

#20 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 5,452 Thanks
  • 6,622 posts

Posted February 21, 2016 - 07:28 PM

I ended up putting holes at each end of the garage and turned the ones between the garage doors at a angle . From what I've been reading you pull the handle mostly clockwise so this way I would be able to keep the door closed if I ever had to extend the handle all the way starting form the right side .

Sometimes it doesn't pay to "over think" yep left plenty of room on the right side for the handle but never thought about how long of a piece of stock would fit before hitting the door :wallbanging:  DSCN2008.JPG   DSCN2006.JPG

This is my first try at bending it 1 1/4" x 1/4" steel . it bent pretty easily . DSCN2010.JPG

Now I'm going to try to scrounge up things for bending dies for things like tubing and eye bolts . 

DSCN2009.JPG

• Bruce Dorsi and KennyP have said thanks

#21 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,455 Thanks
  • 39,686 posts

Posted February 21, 2016 - 07:40 PM

Oops! Gonna have to open the door for long stuff!

• Alc said thank you

#22 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,455 Thanks
  • 39,686 posts

Posted February 25, 2016 - 07:17 AM

I'm thinking about getting one of these, Al. Just not sure where I could mount it, a little short on concrete floor space at the moment.

#23 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 5,452 Thanks
  • 6,622 posts

Posted February 25, 2016 - 08:39 AM

Kenny that's the same with me , I  put those concrete anchor near my work bench too just going to use some allen screws to keep the dirt out floor flush . Now thinking more about having those there I'm going to make a base to match the bolt pattern so I can use my HF mini tire changer on .  Maybe I should make a mounting system with a 2" receiver tube  then I could use it for tire changer ,bench grinder ( now mounted to a piece of plywood then gets clamped to the work bench )  and a wire wheel on wood too .Just would need  2" OD  to slip inside  .Still moveable with just 4 bolts then the floors clean again .

• KennyP said thank you

#24 Jazz ONLINE  

Jazz
  • Member No: 62028
  • 1,440 Thanks
  • 950 posts

Posted February 28, 2016 - 01:51 PM

I'm thinking about getting one of these, Al. Just not sure where I could mount it, a little short on concrete floor space at the moment.

Its one of those things that could be anchored in the ground outside.  Paint it and hang a flower pot on it just like the manual tire changer for as often as they might get used.  

• Alc said thank you

#25 toppop52 OFFLINE  

toppop52
  • Member No: 54420
  • 3,494 Thanks
  • 3,380 posts

Posted February 28, 2016 - 05:46 PM

I'm going to mount mine either in the garage between bays, all I have do is back out vehicles if they're in there. Or in my tractor shed and just move one tractor to use it. I'm not going for dedicated space.
  • Alc said thank you

#26 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,455 Thanks
  • 39,686 posts

Posted March 01, 2016 - 07:17 AM

I had a 20% off coupon, so I picked one of these up yesterday! Haven't unpacked it as yet. Maybe this weekend! :dancingbanana:

• Alc said thank you

#27 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 5,452 Thanks
  • 6,622 posts

Posted March 01, 2016 - 08:48 AM

Good deal Kenny :thumbs:  I'm sure you will use it more then me so I'm hoping to pick up some tips from you  

• KennyP said thank you

#28 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,455 Thanks
  • 39,686 posts

Posted March 01, 2016 - 09:03 AM

Good deal Kenny :thumbs:  I'm sure you will use it more then me so I'm hoping to pick up some tips from you  

Gotta figure out where it will be mounted first. I'll open the package and look at the room that is needed for it. I may have to do the anchors similar to yours so I can set it up to use and store elsewhere when not needed.

• Alc said thank you

#29 toppop52 OFFLINE  

toppop52
  • Member No: 54420
  • 3,494 Thanks
  • 3,380 posts

Posted March 01, 2016 - 09:27 PM

I think I'm going to buy one as well, along with a tire changer. Both are indispensable when you need them.
  • limebuzz and Alc have said thanks