The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 6,619 Thanks
  • 3,914 posts

Posted February 13, 2016 - 12:34 PM

The little things I could get in my big lunchbox
Like nuts, an' bolts, and all four shocks.

Doesn't sound very tasty Mr. Cash!  :rolling:

I usually eat at which ever establishment that I can fit the Peterbilt into.  Sometimes I can't go where I really want to but I do get to eat on my schedule.   If I'm hungry at 10am I can eat then, if I don't get hungry until 1pm I can eat then.   Most times I try to eat during the 11 o'clock hour so I'm gone before their noon rush hits.  That helps both me and with faster service and helps them with not having a big truck in the lot at their busy time. 

I do carry a lunchbox every day.  It has a log book, cordless shaver, and several kinds of pain killers from simple asprin clear up to prescriptoin strength in case I'm having a bad day pain-wise.  There is a digital camera to doccument crazy stuff I see on the roadways.    Also present are CD's in case the only stations I can get on the radio in a certain area are that   :bs:  called  "modern country music"   and maps in case I want to try a new route from point A to point B. 

Oh yeah,  there are also some snacks, but food is just a small portion of whats in my lunchbox. 

Edited by Gtractor, February 13, 2016 - 12:36 PM.

• Username, MFDAC, oldedeeres and 1 other said thanks

#17 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,660 Thanks
  • 6,474 posts

Posted February 13, 2016 - 12:54 PM

OH! On way OUT you mean?  Well sometimes little Bolts and small parts fall into my lunch box sometimes when leaving the plant. BUT, you know now days with all the special hardware and bolts that won't fit much else and the stuff coming in already assembled in kits, not much to pick from anymore.

• toomanytoys84 said thank you

#18 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,630 Thanks
  • 29,836 posts

Posted February 13, 2016 - 01:26 PM

We have always called the noon meal dinner and the evening meal supper.    I still stick to those terms.  I call those that have dinner in the evening City Slickers. :rolling: :poke: :dancingbanana: :thumbs:

Same here, but to not get members confused, instead of saying dinner when the subject comes up here, I switch to calling it "lunch".

#19 Greasy6020 OFFLINE  

Greasy6020
  • Member No: 78477
  • 668 Thanks
  • 650 posts

Posted February 14, 2016 - 08:42 AM

I don't pack it myself (lucky me my step mom packs it 😃) but it's darn good. Here's the list:

Sandwich with meat lettuce cheese and mustard
Trail mix (banana chips Apple pineapple kiwi and other dried fruits. Nuts and chocolate chips)
Pudding cup
Some sort of drink.

No wonder I'm getting more traction on any tractor now...
  • oldedeeres and toomanytoys84 have said thanks

#20 TAHOE ONLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,485 Thanks
  • 4,943 posts

Posted February 15, 2016 - 08:22 AM

Pretty much every day, oatmeal and cheese stick w/coffee at my PC while reading emails. banana at morning break. Lunch is almost always  cup of applesauce, peach cup, greek yogart, water and I've been eating salads a lot or if there was any leftovers from dinner night before. I have an 18 yr old son, leftovers can be far a few in between :wallbanging:

• Bmerf, oldedeeres and toomanytoys84 have said thanks

#21 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,077 posts

Posted February 15, 2016 - 09:28 AM

Glad this topic got a little discussion!  Some of you guys pack some healthy stuff...

Added some new stuff for this week.  Picked up a huge container of trail mix to snack on now! 

On a side note 2 people didn't pack a dinner for our double shift Saturday(turned out to be a bit more 18 hours), and I gave up two of my PB sandwiches to those guys so they wouldn't starve to death.  I am such a nice guy.  Also packed in 8 bottles of water, 4 bottles of diet MD for extras.  Stupid guys didn't even bring any water with them either!  I didn't give up my diet dew though!

Edited by toomanytoys84, February 15, 2016 - 09:29 AM.

• oldedeeres said thank you

#22 shorty ONLINE  

shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6172
  • 3,545 Thanks
  • 3,930 posts

Posted February 15, 2016 - 01:02 PM

I like a variety. All winter coffee and something baked for morning break. Lunch is salad or a sandwich or if I have access to a microwave a dish of leftovers from the night before. Fruit and a snack bar finish it off.
  • oldedeeres and toomanytoys84 have said thanks

#23 TAHOE ONLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,485 Thanks
  • 4,943 posts

Posted February 15, 2016 - 02:21 PM

I did miss that, I eat "lunch" at noon, "dinner" is always after 5pm and usually whatever the wifey fixes :smilewink:

• Bmerf and toomanytoys84 have said thanks

#24 poncho62 OFFLINE  

poncho62
  • Member No: 42
  • 631 Thanks
  • 1,219 posts

Posted February 15, 2016 - 02:40 PM

2 sandwiches on rye bread, homemade muffin, yogurt, apple and a juice. Also take a bottle of water. Sandwiches vary from chicken, turkey, ham,egg....my favorite is left over sliced meatloaf sandwich with mustard. 

#25 olds45512 OFFLINE  

olds45512
  • Member No: 77943
  • 609 Thanks
  • 349 posts

Posted February 15, 2016 - 03:24 PM

Glad this topic got a little discussion!  Some of you guys pack some healthy stuff...

Added some new stuff for this week.  Picked up a huge container of trail mix to snack on now! 

On a side note 2 people didn't pack a dinner for our double shift Saturday(turned out to be a bit more 18 hours), and I gave up two of my PB sandwiches to those guys so they wouldn't starve to death.  I am such a nice guy.  Also packed in 8 bottles of water, 4 bottles of diet MD for extras.  Stupid guys didn't even bring any water with them either!  I didn't give up my diet dew though!

believe me when I say that nobody wanted your diet MD, yuck. Lol

#26 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,077 posts

Posted February 15, 2016 - 03:56 PM

believe me when I say that nobody wanted your diet MD, yuck. Lol

Greatest beverage ever.

#27 olds45512 OFFLINE  

olds45512
  • Member No: 77943
  • 609 Thanks
  • 349 posts

Posted February 16, 2016 - 09:24 AM

Greatest beverage ever.

that's highly debatable. Lol

#28 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,077 posts

Posted February 16, 2016 - 09:27 AM

that's highly debatable. Lol

greatest non-alcoholic beverage ever.

I drink too much of it.  I used to hate it with a passion, but once upon a time I tipped to scale at close to 285 pounds.  I went on a huge diet, drank nothing but water, ate the healthiest of foods, and last just over a 100 pounds.  Well after learning to live a normal life and not eat like a rabbit all the time, I bought a bottle of Diet Dew and it was the nectar of the gods!  I've loved it ever since.  Although I have gained back a few of those 100 pounds I lost, I still enjoy my mountain dew.

#29 David Brown OFFLINE  

David Brown

I said I work on them. I never said I fix them!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8570
  • 4,217 Thanks
  • 2,314 posts

Posted February 16, 2016 - 09:32 AM

Well I work from home so, unfortunately, that makes the fridge my dinner bucket.  Contents vary and usually don't last long.

• KennyP said thank you