• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 bigge61 OFFLINE  

bigge61

• Member No: 2914
  • 96 Thanks
  • 57 posts

Posted April 27, 2011 - 09:12 PM

I just bought a MF1450 and the kohler 14 was not in it. The previous owner was going to do a KT19 re-power but lost interest when he found out how much work was involved. Long story short I got the 19 installed and am missing the front pto clutch and pulley. I do however have the pto for the 14 but the shaft diameter is different... My question is; do the kt 17 and kt 19 share a common pto size? does anybod have a pto for sale?
Thanks for any input on my dilema. Eric

#2 mikebramel OFFLINE  

mikebramel

Ron Paul

• Member No: 82
  • 176 Thanks
  • 1,009 posts

Posted April 28, 2011 - 08:25 AM

What size is the shaft? If its is smaller you can get a bushing from Small Engine Warehouse. Type in Sleeve
  • bigge61 said thank you

#3 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted April 28, 2011 - 08:34 AM

Like Mike said a lot of guys do the sleeve bushing to make up the size difference. If the pto is smaller then the shaft you might be able to get it bored/reamed to fit.
  • bigge61 said thank you

#4 bigge61 OFFLINE  

bigge61

• Member No: 2914
  • 96 Thanks
  • 57 posts

Posted April 28, 2011 - 01:11 PM

The pto I have is smaller in diameter than the shaft... I will look into having the pulley machined out. Thanks for the input, I didn't even think about that option.

#5 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted April 28, 2011 - 02:09 PM

The pto I have is smaller in diameter than the shaft... I will look into having the pulley machined out. Thanks for the input, I didn't even think about that option.

Most pto's have plenty of meat where it could be machined to fit the larger shaft. I have never done it before or had to I should say. I don't think it would be too expensive either. You will have to get the keyway machined a little deeper to match the new bore or make sure it matches the same size key the engine shaft uses.

#6 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,561 Thanks
  • 29,819 posts

Posted April 28, 2011 - 03:07 PM

The PTO pulleys have a bearing for their centers. You might be able to just find a bearing to fit the pulley & crank, but the plate that is keyed to the shaft would have to be machined out, & I don't think most have enough metal to where you could bore them out. Likely you will need to find a clutch assembly for this crank size & particular engine.
  • NUTNDUN said thank you

#7 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted April 28, 2011 - 03:13 PM

The PTO pulleys have a bearing for their centers. You might be able to just find a bearing to fit the pulley & crank, but the plate that is keyed to the shaft would have to be machined out, & I don't think most have enough metal to where you could bore them out. Likely you will need to find a clutch assembly for this crank size & particular engine.

I knew someone could provide more/better info then I could. :D

#8 mikebramel OFFLINE  

mikebramel

Ron Paul

• Member No: 82
  • 176 Thanks
  • 1,009 posts

Posted April 28, 2011 - 04:21 PM

Sounds like it would be easier to find a used clutch on ebay for that size shaft, turn the crank to size, or find a different crank