4 replies to this topic

#1 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 6,157 Thanks
  • 4,503 posts

Posted February 12, 2016 - 12:46 PM

Putting this in a Cub Cadet and all I have is single bare end wires from the engine.  White, yellow and black.  Which wire goes where?  I have the diagram for the tractor.  Diagrams I found for that engine don't show color code, just the wires.

#2 gopher OFFLINE  

gopher

• Member No: 2755
  • 568 Thanks
  • 631 posts

Posted February 12, 2016 - 02:20 PM

If your wires are two together and one coming from different part of shroud the lone wire kill the other two stator wires. If not you'll have to pop shroud off to see what's what.

• chieffan said thank you

#3 EricFromPa ONLINE  

EricFromPa

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2135
  • 2,302 Thanks
  • 2,336 posts

Posted February 12, 2016 - 02:21 PM

The 2 wires coming from under the flywheel are for Charging and Headlights.The one with the small Diode on it is for charging and the other is for the headlights.If one of the wires does not have a Diode on it you are going to have to find a Diode and wire it up otherwise it will drain your battery dead and may burn up the stator.

Most but not all Briggs Twins use a Red wire for the charging wire.

Yellow is usually the Kill wire on an opposed twin.It should go down under the carb to a small bolt then up under the blower housing to the back of the Coil.

Pull your blower housing off to confirm what wire goes where before hooking anything up.

• CRFarnsworth, Genem and chieffan have said thanks

#4 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • 6,157 Thanks
  • 4,503 posts

Posted February 12, 2016 - 02:52 PM

Thanks much.  I was hoping the motor would have the original plug on it so I had a better idea but that didn't happen. 

#5 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • 6,157 Thanks
  • 4,503 posts

Posted February 13, 2016 - 11:37 AM

Took another look at the engine again this morning.  There is a read wire with a diode in side a heat shrink just before it goes to a plug.  It is black coming out of the plug.  The other wire from the plug is white.  So got it figured out.  black with go to the A1 wire on the ignition switch.  White wire will not be used as the lights are powered through the ignition switch.  The yellow wire will go to the M wire to the ignition switch.  Been a long time since I messed with anything this new so the wiring is kind of foggy yet.  Use to the old Wisconsin and older Briggs.