Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

No Luck on the MF12G stuck in the mud, another find though!

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 KIRO-1 OFFLINE  

KIRO-1

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 2451
  • 40 Thanks
  • 300 posts

Posted April 27, 2011 - 08:10 PM

Finally hooke up with the fella who owns the MF12G that's sitting in the mud. He doesn't want to sell it. Says he's planning on fixing it up himself (Yeah Right!! ) However, after talking to him for a bit he told me there was another fella up the road a piece that has an MF7 just sitting out back of his house. So up the road I go and find the house. Sure enough, there's a MF7 that he's willing to part with. Waved a little green and he bit. Gonna pick it up on Sunday. Don't know what year it is but I did get the serial # if any one can help me out with it I would greatly appreciate it. serial # 1590221926.

#2 daytime dave OFFLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted April 27, 2011 - 08:13 PM

Too bad on the 12, but congrats on the 7. Pays to ask I guess.

#3 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted April 27, 2011 - 08:16 PM

Finally hooke up with the fella who owns the MF12G that's sitting in the mud. He doesn't want to sell it. Says he's planning on fixing it up himself (Yeah Right!! ) However, after talking to him for a bit he told me there was another fella up the road a piece that has an MF7 just sitting out back of his house. So up the road I go and find the house. Sure enough, there's a MF7 that he's willing to part with. Waved a little green and he bit. Gonna pick it up on Sunday. Don't know what year it is but I did get the serial # if any one can help me out with it I would greatly appreciate it. serial # 1590221926.

Sorry about the 12G but congrats on the MF7. Is it gear drive or hydro? There is a year by serial number sheet in the manuals section of the site under massey/snapper brochures and misc. I don't have the file handy right now to look it up for you or I would.
  • KIRO-1 said thank you

#4 KIRO-1 OFFLINE  

KIRO-1

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 40 Thanks
  • 300 posts

Posted April 27, 2011 - 08:25 PM

Thank's George, I'll look it up.

#5 KIRO-1 OFFLINE  

KIRO-1

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 40 Thanks
  • 300 posts

Posted April 27, 2011 - 08:33 PM

Gear drive!

#6 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted April 28, 2011 - 07:22 PM

That's too bad you didn't get the 12G! We were all pulling for you. Good deal on the 7 though! It pays to stop and ask is all I can say! Congrats!

#7 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,281 Thanks
  • 28,615 posts

Posted April 28, 2011 - 08:07 PM

Well, lose one & gain another. Good deal & maybe after he doesn't get around to restoring it after a year or two, you'll have a better chance.

#8 KIRO-1 OFFLINE  

KIRO-1

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 40 Thanks
  • 300 posts

Posted April 28, 2011 - 08:15 PM

Kind of what I was thinking. Maybe when he gets tired of mowing around it he'll either make it a bird feeder or give me a call. (I left him my phone # in case he changes his mind)

#9 middleageddeere OFFLINE  

middleageddeere

Tacos!

• Member No: 2033
  • 243 Thanks
  • 1,082 posts

Posted May 04, 2011 - 05:11 AM

PICS? Pics please. HAHA...Can I ask what you paid for the 7?

#10 KIRO-1 OFFLINE  

KIRO-1

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 40 Thanks
  • 300 posts

Posted May 04, 2011 - 06:16 AM

massey 12 and 7 with implements 011.jpg $60.00

Attached Thumbnails

• massey 12 and 7 with implements 010.jpg
  • massey 12 and 7 with implements 012.jpg

#11 grand OFFLINE  

grand

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 1,909 posts

Posted May 04, 2011 - 07:07 AM

Thanks for pics. Nice looking tractor and a fantastic price!

#12 KIRO-1 OFFLINE  

KIRO-1

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 40 Thanks
  • 300 posts

Posted May 04, 2011 - 07:53 AM

Still have to see if I can get her running. Engine turns over (thats a good sign!) Tranny not locked (another good sign!) I will probably push her into the garage today or tomorrow and do a compression test. Needs a new throttle cable, so If I can get her to start I'll have to run the throttle manually. I really hate to tear down the carb. unless absolutely necessary. These small engines really don't like the ethanol that's added to the fuel. I usually run Sunoco Ultra fuel and also add the enzyme to it. Seems to work well cleaning out the crap that has built up in the carb. I have a Troy Bilt 1030 snow blower with a Tecumseh engine that was running pretty bad a couple of years ago. Talked to a friend of mine who is a full time mechanic for UPS and runs a small engine shop in his spare time about it. He suggested the Ultra and enzyme. After 2 tanks of it the blower starts first pull every time and minimul choke. So thats what I've run in all my small engines ever since.

#13 middleageddeere OFFLINE  

middleageddeere

Tacos!

• Member No: 2033
  • 243 Thanks
  • 1,082 posts

Posted May 06, 2011 - 06:15 AM

Wow that is great. I paid $40 for mine in WAY worse shape and no deck and I thought I got the deal of the century. Congrats!

#14 KIRO-1 OFFLINE  

KIRO-1

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 40 Thanks
  • 300 posts

Posted May 06, 2011 - 07:15 AM

Any luck finding a deck for it?

#15 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted May 07, 2011 - 05:53 AM

Still have to see if I can get her running. Engine turns over (thats a good sign!) Tranny not locked (another good sign!) I will probably push her into the garage today or tomorrow and do a compression test. Needs a new throttle cable, so If I can get her to start I'll have to run the throttle manually. I really hate to tear down the carb. unless absolutely necessary. These small engines really don't like the ethanol that's added to the fuel. I usually run Sunoco Ultra fuel and also add the enzyme to it. Seems to work well cleaning out the crap that has built up in the carb. I have a Troy Bilt 1030 snow blower with a Tecumseh engine that was running pretty bad a couple of years ago. Talked to a friend of mine who is a full time mechanic for UPS and runs a small engine shop in his spare time about it. He suggested the Ultra and enzyme. After 2 tanks of it the blower starts first pull every time and minimul choke. So thats what I've run in all my small engines ever since.

When I got my 8 it wouldn't run. I took the carb off and cleaned it carefully . There was a lot of gunk in it. I set the jets to factory default and put it back on and she fired right up. What is the Enzyme product that you are referring to above? Is it something we should be using in older engines?