• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#16 Sawdust OFFLINE  

Sawdust
  • Member No: 36549
  • 4,523 Thanks
  • 2,831 posts

Posted April 07, 2016 - 08:39 PM

Very inspiring looking at your buildings. I think I enjoy building the structures more than running the train. It's been hard especially over the winter knowing all my stuff is packed. I broke my layout down in sections during the move hopefully I can salvage most of it. Your wood supply sounds good...that would make a ton of scaled lumber for me in HO scale.lol
  • chieffan said thank you

#17 pick-to-stone ONLINE  

pick-to-stone

Living in the past

• Member No: 76550
  • 253 Thanks
  • 372 posts

Posted April 08, 2016 - 04:00 PM

Wow nice work

#18 LilysDad ONLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,646 Thanks
  • 7,675 posts

Posted April 08, 2016 - 05:14 PM

That is really nice work. Do you think you could sell buildings to those who aren't so handy?

#19 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 6,151 Thanks
  • 4,500 posts

Posted April 09, 2016 - 09:58 AM

That is really nice work. Do you think you could sell buildings to those who aren't so handy?

Thanks for the kind word.  Never really thought about selling them.  Usually have enough to keep up with my own stuff but guess that could be something to think about.  Be winter project only.  Don't know if the shipping would be in an acceptable range either.  Did you have something in mind?

#20 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • 6,151 Thanks
  • 4,500 posts

Posted April 09, 2016 - 10:02 AM

Very inspiring looking at your buildings. I think I enjoy building the structures more than running the train. It's been hard especially over the winter knowing all my stuff is packed. I broke my layout down in sections during the move hopefully I can salvage most of it. Your wood supply sounds good...that would make a ton of scaled lumber for me in HO scale.lol

Thanks for the kind words.  It sure would make a ton of HO scale lumber.  Would have to do something different with the re-sawing.  Lot finer toothed blade to start with and then probably some sanding.  The rough cut from the band saw blade might look huge in HO scale.  Buying scale lumber can get costly fast too.

#21 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • 6,151 Thanks
  • 4,500 posts

Posted April 09, 2016 - 10:06 AM

Just noticed I did not post up the photos of the finished building.  Here they are.

Packing Plant-1.JPG    Packing Plant-2.JPG

Will cover the pen floor with fine sand and add several fat cattle yet.

Edited by chieffan, April 09, 2016 - 10:07 AM.

• MFDAC said thank you

#22 LilysDad ONLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,646 Thanks
  • 7,675 posts

Posted April 09, 2016 - 02:31 PM

Thanks for the kind word.  Never really thought about selling them.  Usually have enough to keep up with my own stuff but guess that could be something to think about.  Be winter project only.  Don't know if the shipping would be in an acceptable range either.  Did you have something in mind?

No, I don't do trains. I just thought you were good enough to make some money.

#23 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,488 Thanks
  • 5,015 posts

Posted April 09, 2016 - 03:39 PM

Getting sick of it.  Can't get anything done outside in those conditions.

I know what you mean. We are residing our house and garage. Walk around the corner of the house and almost get blown off your feet.  :mad2:  Had one good day to work outside this week. Takes two guys to caring one sheet of siding. 

Looks like next week we are going to get 2 whole days of nice weather.. 

Hope your tracks don't get blown away!

• MFDAC said thank you

#24 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • 6,151 Thanks
  • 4,500 posts

Posted April 11, 2016 - 07:19 AM

Had a good day yesterday.  Light breeze and spent the day working my tail off.  Got a large tree limb worked up an drug off that was hanging over the fence onto the neighbors.  Low enough he could not get under it with the tractor cab.  Got the train shed bay up, track back in place and staked down just in case. 
Tractors re-arranged in the machine shed so I can get any one of 6 out without moving anything else.  Put in a 120 more onion plants.  And man an I paying for it today.  Bed knee is really grumbling this morning.  Hands and fingers are swelled from arthritis, chain saw, chains and dragging large branches. Have to get a few more things done today and tomorrow, like get a train up and running for the granddaughter.  Going in for knee replacement Wednesday so will not be doing much for a while.  At least if I have one train running and parked in the train shed she can pull it out far enough so I can hook the battery up and run it.  That's the plan - BUT !

• KennyP said thank you

#25 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • 6,151 Thanks
  • 4,500 posts

Posted April 11, 2016 - 07:22 AM

No, I don't do trains. I just thought you were good enough to make some money.

Thanks for compliment.  Much appreciated.  Might keep track of time, etc. on the next project just for grins.  Have a wood bridge to build to replace on that is falling apart.  About 40" long, 14" and 8"wide.  this is what will be replaced.

Bridge-1.JPG      Bridge-3.JPG

• KennyP, Cvans and CRFarnsworth have said thanks