• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#31 freeisforme OFFLINE  

freeisforme
  • Member No: 28233
  • 14 Thanks
  • 20 posts

Posted February 21, 2016 - 08:27 AM

A dishwasher makes a great parts washer, I've had one sitting outback on a stump wired and plumbed with a garden hose as a parts cleaner for years.

I've run Dawn detergent and even Safety Kleen floor scrubber powder in it to clean parts. I don't much worry about it overflowing with suds being that its out in the yard. It works every bit as good as a commercial spray cabinet.

I used to use the one in the house but it left a nasty gas and oil smell in the thing that wouldn't go away. I never did use the thing for dishes.

That's what the old lady is for.

The hole in the cabinets where the dish washer was is now occupied by my work boots and tool bags I use for work.

In the winter I really catch a lot of grief though if I spray paint anything in the house. I shoot the paint out on the porch but let things dry inside on the table in the heat. I've more than once had paint run onto the kitchen table or drip on the floor. The worst thing we had happen was that she tossed a half full can of red paint into the trash compactor, it burst and shot paint out all around the edges of the drawer, all over the floor, and all over the ceiling above. Since that incident things get left alone.

#32 toppop52 OFFLINE  

toppop52
  • Member No: 54420
  • 4,209 Thanks
  • 3,950 posts

Posted February 21, 2016 - 10:08 AM

A dishwasher makes a great parts washer, I've had one sitting outback on a stump wired and plumbed with a garden hose as a parts cleaner for years.

I've run Dawn detergent and even Safety Kleen floor scrubber powder in it to clean parts. I don't much worry about it overflowing with suds being that its out in the yard. It works every bit as good as a commercial spray cabinet.

I used to use the one in the house but it left a nasty gas and oil smell in the thing that wouldn't go away. I never did use the thing for dishes.

That's what the old lady is for.

The hole in the cabinets where the dish washer was is now occupied by my work boots and tool bags I use for work.

In the winter I really catch a lot of grief though if I spray paint anything in the house. I shoot the paint out on the porch but let things dry inside on the table in the heat. I've more than once had paint run onto the kitchen table or drip on the floor. The worst thing we had happen was that she tossed a half full can of red paint into the trash compactor, it burst and shot paint out all around the edges of the drawer, all over the floor, and all over the ceiling above. Since that incident things get left alone.

Sounds like it's interesting around your house! :D

#33 yardiron OFFLINE  

yardiron

• Member No: 2796
  • 23 Thanks
  • 78 posts

Posted February 24, 2016 - 08:50 AM

My neighbor just got in a fight with his old lady over painting the hardware off his kitchen cabinets. He ran them through the dishwasher a few times to clean them, then took them outside and painted them on the trunk of her new Lexus. I could hear his wife screaming all the way over here.

I saw him spraying something on the car, but figured he at least put something down to protect the car paint, but I guess not.

At least he was smart enough to spray paint on top of his wife's car and not his new truck.

• MH81 and CanadianHobbyFarmer have said thanks