• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 farmer john OFFLINE  

farmer john
  • Member No: 11605
  • 1,718 Thanks
  • 872 posts

Posted February 08, 2016 - 08:31 AM

hello all, as most of you know I generally collect wheel horses apart from the odd one or two that I think are really neat, there is a panzer t70 for sale up here in Ontario, the first one I have seen in 5 years for sale, it has a Honda clone motor in it but it has the original kohler too which needs a rebuild, also comes with a deck, any thoughts of a ball park price I should offer, presently he's not even in the park but I don't have any idea what its worth, he's asking $1200 and its not restored, original tires ect, some guys here like myself tell people what we pay just so others can have a reference, others like to keep it secret but those people I think resale, I generally don't but have sold the odd one or two as my collection has evolved and unfortunately I don't seen to make any money  , I would think for that kind of money it should be a completely restored showroom quality machine. thanks for your thoughts john

• Traill95 and Coventry Plumber have said thanks

#2 cootertom ONLINE  

cootertom
  • Member No: 59950
  • 1,326 Thanks
  • 718 posts

Posted February 08, 2016 - 08:47 AM

Way to high, should be at least half that price but that's just my thoughts. Make a run across the border.

https://maine.craigs...5374930135.html

Edited by cootertom, February 08, 2016 - 09:11 AM.

• Traill95, farmer john and Coventry Plumber have said thanks

#3 crittersf1 OFFLINE  

crittersf1

GT Lunatic

• Member No: 26142
  • 4,169 Thanks
  • 5,761 posts

Posted February 08, 2016 - 08:50 AM

Love those Panzers!

• farmer john and Coventry Plumber have said thanks

#4 jtrojek OFFLINE  

jtrojek
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8084
  • 1,021 Thanks
  • 550 posts

Posted February 08, 2016 - 12:03 PM

I saw that ad.  I think that's probably the same one that was for sale a few years ago closer to me.  I went and looked at it at that time, but passed on it.  While I could be wrong about that, it does sound like the same one.  I've owned a couple of them, one I paid $600 Cdn for that I no longer have (a T70 from ON), and the other I one I paid $500 US for that I still have (a T758ES with lots of options from MD).  Does that help?  Still, they don't come up often and I would agree that it has indeed been a few years since one has even popped up for sale.  Like most things, there aren't nearly as many up here in Canada.

#5 petrj6 ONLINE  

petrj6
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 53717
  • 3,808 Thanks
  • 2,221 posts

Posted February 08, 2016 - 12:10 PM

Way to much, I don't have a lot of experience with panzer but i do know I have seen nice restored machines with no attachments for that much. With the deck and gearbox I would say $500 max and even that is a little Hi. I paid $325 for mine with a blower and good gearbox, the motor needs a rebuild but I drove it up on my trailer.
Pete

#6 Coventry Plumber OFFLINE  

Coventry Plumber
  • Member No: 60643
  • 1,031 Thanks
  • 572 posts

Posted February 08, 2016 - 04:24 PM

I agree with the others, $500 max . Being in Canada may influence the price but not a extra $700 worth.

Northern Tom
  • farmer john said thank you

#7 jabelman OFFLINE  

jabelman
  • Member No: 38843
  • 1,472 Thanks
  • 1,134 posts

Posted February 08, 2016 - 05:20 PM

way over priced yes but if you never seen for sale and also consider the cost if you had one shipped.
typically by me an unrestored mostly complete model sells in the 250-500 range with no attachments.