• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Panzerguy OFFLINE  

Panzerguy
  • Member No: 53940
  • 650 Thanks
  • 391 posts

Posted February 07, 2016 - 12:48 AM

The wife and I had dinner tonight with Jim and Ellen Haynes and after hearing rumors starting to spread on social media, I was able to have Jim confirm that he has indeed officially retired from Dandy Sales and has a couple of parties interested in purchasing the company. What this means is that he will no longer be able to sell Dandy Sales parts, which are the items you've seen displayed on his sales tables at the shows. Tractors, attachments and used original parts (grills, hoods, fenders) were not part of Dandy Sales so will still be sold by Jim until they are gone but will not be shipped. You will have to pick them up or arrange to have Jim bring them to a show you could meet up at. Also - I would suggest that if you have put down a deposit to have Jim hold an item, you should probably pick it up as soon as possible. The message on the answering machine has been changed and no longer identifies itself as Dandy Sales. If you are interested in purchasing a tractor or attachment, Be sure to leave a message stating your name and the item you are interested in buying.

I do not know who the parties are who are interested in purchasing Dandy Sales. Jim didn't give me any names and I didn't bother asking.

Jim and Ellen said there was no one specific reason why they were calling it quits but was a compilation of many things. They said it was finally time to give it up so they get get to do other things for a change. They'll still be going to the tractor shows once in a while but just for the fun of it from now on - just like the rest of us!

I wish them good luck and good health.

AL

• Bolens 1000, Gtractor, MH81 and 12 others have said thanks

#2 Coventry Plumber OFFLINE  

Coventry Plumber
  • Member No: 60643
  • 1,035 Thanks
  • 573 posts

Posted February 07, 2016 - 06:58 AM

Thanks for the update Al. I too wish him the best. He played the largest part of making panzer restoration something realistic to do.

Tom
  • Chris11 said thank you

#3 HANKG ONLINE  

HANKG
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 29484
  • 5,265 Thanks
  • 2,933 posts

Posted February 07, 2016 - 07:57 AM

Jim Haynes is a great guy and I wish him well in his retirement .

• Chris11 and Coventry Plumber have said thanks

#4 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 28,354 Thanks
  • 29,090 posts

Posted February 07, 2016 - 08:00 AM

Hats off to Jim and the Mrs.
Congrats on the retirement and thank you for helping take the hobby where it is today.

#5 Mtypython ONLINE  

Mtypython
  • Member No: 80530
  • 278 Thanks
  • 303 posts

Posted February 07, 2016 - 08:05 AM

Enjoy you retirement

#6 jabelman ONLINE  

jabelman
  • Member No: 38843
  • 1,665 Thanks
  • 1,218 posts

Posted February 07, 2016 - 08:52 AM

hopefully someone picks it up and continues the business. sadly it's not just the loss of the parts but more it's the knowledge that Jim offered too.
he is great person and helped me out along the way with my panzer restorations.
wish them the best in retirement

#7 Chris11 OFFLINE  

Chris11

old Member

• Member No: 1601
  • 1,639 Thanks
  • 954 posts

Posted February 21, 2016 - 02:12 PM

I talked to Jim, He said it has been sold and I'm sure the new owner will keep up the name.

• MH81 and Clint have said thanks

#8 HANKG ONLINE  

HANKG
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 29484
  • 5,265 Thanks
  • 2,933 posts

Posted February 21, 2016 - 05:12 PM

I don't know how true it is, but I heard Hapco bought the remaining inventory of Dandy sales
  • MH81 and Chris11 have said thanks

#9 jabelman ONLINE  

jabelman
  • Member No: 38843
  • 1,665 Thanks
  • 1,218 posts

Posted February 21, 2016 - 05:44 PM

I would have thought the other panzer guy that was selling parts bill something???
anyway I hope someone did I wanted to order steering parts for my t60
  • Chris11 said thank you

#10 Chris11 OFFLINE  

Chris11

old Member

• 1,639 Thanks
  • 954 posts

Posted February 21, 2016 - 08:50 PM

You can call Jim he maybe able to sell you something for the new owner. I don't know who it is. I didn't ask it wasn't any of my business.

#11 tractorchick OFFLINE  

tractorchick

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 284
  • 361 Thanks
  • 277 posts

Posted March 04, 2016 - 08:06 AM

Brandon and I purchased Dandy Sales.  It will be an extension of HAPCO Parts.  Jim is still taking and filling orders until the business is moved to our warehouse.  He and Ellen, as well as Brandon and I, are very excited about the change over.  He wants to keep the name "Dandy Sales" and we agreed to let him keep it.  We have some great plans for the business and Jim will be readily available to assist when needed.  Some things we will add will be online ordering and credit card payments.  Yes, there will be a learning period and we hope that the collectors will help educate us as we dive in, eager to learn.  

Our other businesses, HAPCO Parts and Lawn & Garden Tractor Magazine, have been very successful and we are confident that the new acquisition will be as good and even better than ever, and Jim and Ellen will be able to retire and do the things they have wanted to do for several years.  

We have not made an "official announcement" but I decided to post a response and give you the straight answer.  

Thanks so much!  Looking forward to this new adventure!

• MH81, Alc, Chris11 and 7 others have said thanks

#12 Canawler OFFLINE  

Canawler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1273
  • 1,910 Thanks
  • 1,763 posts

Posted March 04, 2016 - 08:13 AM

Welcome to the world of Panzers. Good to hear the business will keep going. I hope you're willing to invest the time to learn everything Jim can teach you about the Panzer brand. That would be a daunting but necessary task. Hopefully Jim has everything written down? ;-)

Edited by Canawler, March 04, 2016 - 08:13 AM.

• tractorchick said thank you

#13 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 28,354 Thanks
  • 29,090 posts

Posted March 04, 2016 - 09:51 AM

Good luck, glad to see Hapco branching out.

#14 jdcrawler OFFLINE  

jdcrawler

tinkerer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1639
  • 3,219 Thanks
  • 1,735 posts

Posted March 04, 2016 - 09:49 PM

Brandon and I purchased Dandy Sales.

We have not made an "official announcement" but I decided to post a response and give you the straight answer.  

I have recently bought my first Panzer tractor so I'm very glad to see that parts for it's restoration will still be available.

Edited by jdcrawler, March 04, 2016 - 09:50 PM.

#15 Chris11 OFFLINE  

Chris11

old Member

• 1,639 Thanks
  • 954 posts

Posted March 04, 2016 - 11:05 PM

Brandon and I purchased Dandy Sales.  It will be an extension of HAPCO Parts.  Jim is still taking and filling orders until the business is moved to our warehouse.  He and Ellen, as well as Brandon and I, are very excited about the change over.  He wants to keep the name "Dandy Sales" and we agreed to let him keep it.  We have some great plans for the business and Jim will be readily available to assist when needed.  Some things we will add will be online ordering and credit card payments.  Yes, there will be a learning period and we hope that the collectors will help educate us as we dive in, eager to learn.  

Our other businesses, HAPCO Parts and Lawn & Garden Tractor Magazine, have been very successful and we are confident that the new acquisition will be as good and even better than ever, and Jim and Ellen will be able to retire and do the things they have wanted to do for several years.  

Well if there is anything I can do to help as far as machine or fab work please let me know.