• Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,577 Thanks
  • 29,824 posts

Posted February 05, 2016 - 09:31 PM

An old friend posted this on Facebook tonight.  He's around 54yrs old, and we grew up in church together, and his Grandma lived near me.  Had me about falling out of my chair when I read:

"It's possible I'm getting to old to go to the doctors office. Had a appointment today over a hurting hip, so they take me to X-ray and lady tells me to take everything off and lay down on X-ray table so I did. She came back in a few minutes later and literally dropped my chart and almost screamed, I justed up all naked and she said, why are you naked, I said cause you told me to take every thing off, she laughed and said no, I said take every thing out of your pockets. Oops I guess I got confused"

Edited to add:  He just added this to his FB post:

"I did think it was odd they didn't give me a gown or at least a sheet"

• grnspot110, Alc, Texas Deere and Horse and 14 others have said thanks

#2 Marty'70 ONLINE  

Marty'70

I didn't do it! Unless you have paperwork to back it up

• Member No: 72105
  • 729 Thanks
  • 632 posts

Posted February 05, 2016 - 09:37 PM

Hahahahahahahahaha. I was rolling! I. Would see myself doing that someday.

#3 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,243 Thanks
  • 28,599 posts

Posted February 06, 2016 - 07:11 AM

Hearing loss can cause some interesting situations.
Lately, I've been trying to train my kids to enunciate by repeating back to them what I "heard"

Kid' facing away from me and mumbling: "Just reminding you I have practice after school"
Me "jusmindding IHOP tee backne in the pool?"

They are getting better.
  • HDWildBill, oldedeeres and chieffan have said thanks

#4 chieffan OFFLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 6,139 Thanks
  • 4,490 posts

Posted February 06, 2016 - 08:21 AM

Hearing loss can cause some interesting situations.
Lately, I've been trying to train my kids to enunciate by repeating back to them what I "heard"

Kid' facing away from me and mumbling: "Just reminding you I have practice after school"
Me "jusmindding IHOP tee backne in the pool?"

They are getting better.

Boy can I relate to that.  I have aids but they are NOT a solve all item.  Had to turn the TV up so I could hear and understand it.  Way to loud for the Mrs. Got a special Compilot that transmits from a receiver I wear directly to the aids.  When it is on, that is about all I can hear.  Then she wants to sit 4' away and talk up a storm and gets irritated when I ignore her.  No way to win any more.  Thank gosh I don't have any kids at home.  Most of the younger ones chatter like a physic wood pecker anyway and no way to understand them with excellent hearing.

• MH81 and oldedeeres have said thanks

#5 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted February 06, 2016 - 10:05 AM

I may be in denial. The wife says I need hearing aids. But with her, my daughter, two adult granddaughters and three great grandkids (under 3). Not hearing all the chatter is the only way to stay relatively sane.

• JDBrian, oldedeeres and Oldford have said thanks

#6 milkman44 OFFLINE  

milkman44
  • Member No: 78911
  • 94 Thanks
  • 39 posts

Posted February 06, 2016 - 12:49 PM

Reminds me of the story of a guy in the ICU with a full face oxygen mask on. 

Nurse comes in to clean him up a bit, he asks "Are my testicles black"? She says, what? He repeats "Are my testicles black? She replies, I don't know, I'm just authorized to wash your upper body. He says would you just check please? She finally agrees and pulls down the cover and does a close inspection, holding his junk in one hand and raising his sac with the other an giving them the once over. She finally says no, your testicles are not black. The guy raised his oxygen mask and says. now listen carefully, I said, "ARE MY TEST RESULTS BACK?

• olcowhand and MGP59DB have said thanks