• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Djupliden22 OFFLINE  

Djupliden22
  • Member No: 55065
  • 9 Thanks
  • 19 posts

Posted February 05, 2016 - 09:32 AM

Hi... I am about to connect the pto after my Bolens 1886 rebuild... the PO had lenghtened the frame and put in a car engine...I have now restored the K482 but now when I am about to put on the pto-belts they seem to be way too short... they are about 80.5 cm long and I cant even get them around the crankaxle without the pulley even being there ??? Can someone take a picture of the belts placement around the pulleys including the tensioner... something seems wrong with mine... and what is the axle-distance between the crank and tensioner axle when fully DISENGAGED ? I need some kind of reference. Thanks
  • Bolens800uk said thank you

#2 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,754 Thanks
  • 7,525 posts

Posted February 05, 2016 - 10:42 AM

Have you looked at the manuals?  This manual  http://gardentractor...bolens-1886-01/ shows a matched set of three. In such a situation as you have I take a bad belt(of the same thickness), cut it and wrap it around the pulleys, mark the correct length, take the belt out and measure it.  This will get you within an inch of the correct length. Post some pics when you can. Good Luck, Rick

#3 LPBolens OFFLINE  

LPBolens

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 874
  • 1,176 Thanks
  • 882 posts

Posted February 05, 2016 - 11:39 AM

If the PTO belts need to be the stock length and type, they should be 1/2 x 35". In the US I think that is 4L35.

#4 Djupliden22 OFFLINE  

Djupliden22
  • Member No: 55065
  • 9 Thanks
  • 19 posts

Posted February 05, 2016 - 11:39 AM

Ah.. thanx for the tip.. I will cut a belt I have and measure how big a gap between the belt ends I have when the pto is engaged.. how much do you think I have to take away from the full length to get it really tense later.. 5mm ??.. will take a picture later 😊

#5 OldBuzzard ONLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,481 Thanks
  • 4,633 posts

Posted February 08, 2016 - 11:54 PM

Here's a link to a page that will make it easy to determine how long the belts will need to be.

http://www.jhf.com/h...e-v-belt-length

• blackjackjakexxix said thank you