5 replies to this topic

#1 kingkw OFFLINE  

kingkw

• Contributor
  • Member No: 887
  • 1 Thanks
  • 10 posts

Posted April 27, 2011 - 05:55 AM

With the warmer weather this last weekend I decided to see why the left rear tire needed air so often on my GT19. I found as I suspected that the rear tires have the same problem as the front two had last summer when I replaced them. I sprayed soap and water on the tires and found that the slow leaks were coming from the sidewalls. Where is the best place to purchase two new 23x10.50x12 tires? Locally they are $50 - $75 each which seems to be excessive. Any suggestions to save $$$ will be appreciated.

Kevin

#2 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,523 Thanks
  • 39,742 posts

Posted April 27, 2011 - 07:00 AM

Sounds like a good price local. I have been looking for a pair of turfs and most online dealers are that or above.

#3 ducky ONLINE  

ducky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 564
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 3,870 posts

Posted April 27, 2011 - 07:07 AM

With the warmer weather this last weekend I decided to see why the left rear tire needed air so often on my GT19. I found as I suspected that the rear tires have the same problem as the front two had last summer when I replaced them. I sprayed soap and water on the tires and found that the slow leaks were coming from the sidewalls. Where is the best place to purchase two new 23x10.50x12 tires? Locally they are $50 - $75 each which seems to be excessive. Any suggestions to save $$$ will be appreciated.

Kevin

I have some 26x12x12s cheap. Freedom, WI.
Or you could put a tube in yours.

#4 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,338 Thanks
  • 28,646 posts

Posted April 27, 2011 - 07:21 AM

A lot of guys go with tubes.
You should get years more out of the tires you have.
I think that's the way I'm going when the GT5000's leak finally annoys me to do something.

#5 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted April 27, 2011 - 07:22 AM

Tubes or a pair of used is going to be the only way to beat your local dealers price you posted.

#6 ducky ONLINE  

ducky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 564
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 3,870 posts

Posted April 27, 2011 - 09:50 AM

Kevin

Kevin
Where are you at in NE Wis. I am in Freedom, WI