2 replies to this topic

#1 AA Hayes OFFLINE  

AA Hayes
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 67383
  • 316 Thanks
  • 263 posts

Posted February 02, 2016 - 08:39 PM

My HT20 came to me from PO without the manifold and has twin stacks with little pepper cans on the top. I am looking into putting a nicer set of stacks with some quieter mufflers on it and some rain caps. If anyone has suggestions with some options they have used. Trying to get close to stock back pressure would be great if it is possible.

(Side note). How do I rotate my profile picture?

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpeg

Edited by AA Hayes, February 02, 2016 - 09:33 PM.

#2 WrenchinOnIt OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8592
  • 2,399 Thanks
  • 706 posts

Posted February 03, 2016 - 09:15 AM

IMO ditch the stacks, get a used OEM manifold and any decent muffler shop should be able to fab a Ford 8n or 9n style aftermarket muffler to fit, if your snow cab allows put it back in the horizontal position, is the muffler support still on the engine? If not bet one of our site sponsors may have one. Is this something you can make yourself? If the stack is only option or preference I'd still put a manifold on it and only stack once.
I have used stacks, can fab you a muffler, I make the flanges that weld to the muffler elbow and allows the bolting up to exhaust manifold ( may be a sticking point at muffler shop) if you need one, have several pre-made waiting.Also have NOS OEM and several OEM used mufflers if you want to go factory, yes the NOS ones are pricey.PM me if you want and maybe I can shed some more light on particulars.

My iPhone allows me to edit my pic and check the rotation of pic, I do this if I notice upon compiling post and attaching pics they rotate once copied, I then go back to pic hit edit and the rotation option, a 360 compass encircles pic and usually shows it's off kilter, hit reset it will realign pic and it's okay, if not I manually rotate it once ,apply ,then edit again and rotate all the way back to level then hit apply again, I don't know why ,it's a PITA for sure, but it then will allow correct orientation of pic once downloaded for copying to post
  • Bolens 1000 and 29 Chev have said thanks

#3 Bud W OFFLINE  

Bud W

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2359
  • 221 Thanks
  • 209 posts

Posted February 03, 2016 - 11:50 AM

I had the shop where I work laser cut 2 pieces of the flange for one of my 1886's (K482) 3/16" thick when I made new exhaust. I think it is the same exhaust manifold. I have also laser cut flanges that bolt right to the block.

• LPBolens said thank you