Speedex 1040 value

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Swinston OFFLINE  

• Member No: 80379
  • 0 Thanks
  • 4 posts

Posted February 02, 2016 - 01:17 PM

Can anyone offer insight into the value of a 1040 with 2 mower decks a plow and grader blade?  There is one in my area and the asking price is $500.  Unknown if motor runs or when it last ran.

#2 MiCarl ONLINE  

• Member No: 75926
  • 681 Thanks
  • 411 posts

Posted February 02, 2016 - 02:01 PM

That's tough to say without knowing more about the condition.  If it runs, is in reasonable shape and either of the decks is good I think it seems like a decent price for a tough tractor with mower.  Plus you get the other implements.

On the other hand if it doesn't run and the tires are shot it's probably not worth much more than the implements.  I don't think the mower decks have much value.  Plow and back blade might be worth 100 - 150 each.

I'm under the impression that the Speedex decks aren't the best mowers.

Edited by MiCarl, February 02, 2016 - 02:14 PM.

#3 Oldford OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 50409
  • 802 Thanks
  • 569 posts

Posted February 02, 2016 - 02:46 PM

Maine has its own prices usually 2-3x the midwest and other places.   Not running you can't check the drive, implements, etc, just comes down to what you want to pay, what skills you have to get it going.

Here is a 1040 for sale a couple years ago in pa

#4 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,453 Thanks
  • 6,342 posts

Posted February 02, 2016 - 09:17 PM

Without pix, kinda hard to say. I go for the junkers for $200 and less myself, but usually no attachments. As stated, the decks are not the best designs or odd hook-ups.  A blade is nice for snow use, that is what I do with couple of mine.  Never tried a plow, even tho I had a couple, just sold them to others. EAsy to work on them, and most parts can be made up, or not hard to find really.  Ohio and PA is where most are seen and sold from it seems.  I have a 1240, about same tractor and it is pretty good, has nice body shape and mine is Kohler, but this one may be a Briggs?