• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Dan O OFFLINE  

Dan O
  • Member No: 79593
  • 70 Thanks
  • 27 posts

Posted February 02, 2016 - 12:00 AM

I'm hoping that some one else out there has one of these cabs and can take some pictures for me, or I could be wildly optimistic and hope someone has extra brackets.

I'm trying to put together the Snow Cab I recently bought for my H14 and the two rear brackets where the cab mounts to the pan behind the seat are missing (part #22) and  the Bracket for mounting the front of the cab to the steering column is missing (part #4).

18708-a rear mounting.jpg 18708-a PartsFig 2-3.jpg 18708-a Parts.jpg

From the Instruction manual http://gardentractor...nyl-cab-manual/ (thanks drbish and 29 Chev) I can tell that the rear brackets are just flat steel with a couple of bends in them, so they won't be very hard to fabricate, but I can't tell how long they are supposed to be from the pictures. I was hoping that some one who has one of these cabs could take a couple of pictures with a ruler next to one of the rear brackets. The front one is trickier, I will figure it out, but a couple of pictures with a ruler and a closeup of how it mounts to the steering column would be great.

It would be a lot easier to get the dimensions right if I've got something to work from. I know that I can get it through trial and error, but I really don't want to reinvent the wheel unless i absolutely have to.

Thanks in advance.

DannO

• boyscout862 said thank you

#2 29 Chev OFFLINE  

29 Chev
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 63590
  • 3,149 Thanks
  • 1,211 posts

Posted February 02, 2016 - 09:53 AM

I do not have any pictures or measurements but you could probably use a large muffler clamp (4" or 5") to go around the steering column and make a piece of flat steel with two holes in it to go between the muffler clamp saddle and the nuts and attach the supports to the flat steel - just a suggestion.

#3 Dan O OFFLINE  

Dan O
  • 70 Thanks
  • 27 posts

Posted February 02, 2016 - 10:32 AM

That would definitely work, I was thinking some sort of fence post bracket might work as well. It would just be nice not to have to guess at the proper lengths.

#4 Paulgo OFFLINE  

Paulgo
  • Member No: 68759
  • 594 Thanks
  • 393 posts

Posted February 02, 2016 - 09:34 PM

Same boat here. I am just going to use the drawings in the book to make my own brackets. I assembled the cab and have it hanging over the tractor. Easier for sizing.

5.jpg

Edited by Paulgo, February 02, 2016 - 09:35 PM.

• WrenchinOnIt said thank you

#5 Dan O OFFLINE  

Dan O
  • 70 Thanks
  • 27 posts

Posted February 03, 2016 - 12:49 PM

I like the idea of suspending the cab, It would make working on it a lot easier, but the picture makes me think of Frankestein. It's alive. It's alive..

Mine has the has the lower front brackets. If you need pictures let me know.

Edited by Dan O, February 03, 2016 - 12:51 PM.

• Paulgo said thank you

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bolens snow cab, snow, 18708-a