LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,646 Thanks
  • 7,675 posts

Posted February 01, 2016 - 05:11 PM

Since being on Win 10, the quote/multi-quote doesn't work properly. If I tap quote, I get an empty reply box. If I tap multi-quote, I get an empty box unless I go to the reply box first and tap the cursor and then tap multi.

I can work around it, but it's not the same.

• chieffan and GaudinoAneme have said thanks

#2 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,661 Thanks
  • 6,475 posts

Posted February 01, 2016 - 06:30 PM

I had troubles with smiley's and backwards writing and such things when I first got mine. I now use Firefox to come here and post each time.

#3 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 6,151 Thanks
  • 4,498 posts

Posted February 01, 2016 - 06:32 PM

I was in Wal-Mart this morning killing time getting the truck serviced.  A guy with white shirt and tie was setting up a new display for the lap tops with Windows 10 background behind each one.  I ask him, Why don't MS tell the whole story behind W10 as to what it is going to cost in the long run?  He just look at me and turned the other way.  Guess he didn't like my question, huh.

• MH81 and Trav1s have said thanks

#4 LilysDad ONLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 9,646 Thanks
  • 7,675 posts

Posted February 01, 2016 - 07:41 PM

.  Guess he didn't like my question, huh.

He's probably gotten a lot of flak over this. He's just a Walmart employee who is getting the heat for Windows.

I'm thinking of starting another thread titled Rich's endless PIA Win10 computer issues. That way I can keep all my stuff in one place. Lynn was just trying to set the laptop up so I could view my Netflix on TV using the Chrome Cast.     :smashing_pc:  It's all fine except the little icon doesn't show up on my screen.  H&/#)(!!!

Edited by LilysDad, February 01, 2016 - 07:51 PM.

#5 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,661 Thanks
  • 6,475 posts

Posted February 02, 2016 - 07:54 AM

Mine has a little helper you can ask any question on running to. I have it open, yet have only looked at it once. It has those generic answers and you have to pick out the one that seems like is correct for your problem. I hate that!  Sometimes it has step by step procedures for some things, but not always. Men can't read instructions you know.

#6 Trav1s ONLINE  

Trav1s

Got points?

• Member No: 5472
  • 2,603 Thanks
  • 3,750 posts

Posted February 02, 2016 - 05:40 PM

I was in Wal-Mart this morning killing time getting the truck serviced.  A guy with white shirt and tie was setting up a new display for the lap tops with Windows 10 background behind each one.  I ask him, Why don't MS tell the whole story behind W10 as to what it is going to cost in the long run?  He just look at me and turned the other way.  Guess he didn't like my question, huh.

Sounds like W10 needs a "truth in purchasing" disclosure similar to a "truth in lending" disclosure on loans. 

• chieffan said thank you

#7 MiCarl ONLINE  

MiCarl
  • Member No: 75926
  • 845 Thanks
  • 484 posts

Posted February 02, 2016 - 06:12 PM

I just changed my update settings today to keep Windows 10 from getting crammed onto our Windows 7 computers.  I don't want my computer to act like a phone or tablet.

More and more of computing is going to "the cloud".  When I can't get browsers for Windows 7 anymore I'll probably switch to Linux.

#8 LilysDad ONLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 9,646 Thanks
  • 7,675 posts

Posted February 02, 2016 - 07:12 PM

A year or two ago, Frontier Secure went to putting their backup service in the clouds. Now they have a Content Anywhere program where you can down load your content to any device. I was able to save the files and photos from my dead laptop without paying Geek Squad $100.(​Yaay!)