Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Anyone have a "parts" Sierra or High Sierra?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Billy M OFFLINE  

Billy M
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 15999
  • 349 Thanks
  • 355 posts

Posted February 01, 2016 - 03:54 PM

The part I need is for my Grand Sierra, but the Sierra and High Sierra have the same part on them.  I figured it would be easier to find one of those.  It's the voltage sensing module for the battery light on the dash.  It's #19 in the diagram (Ariens part# 03653300).  I actually have a circuit I can wire in that will work, but I would like to see if someone has a module they could part with first.  I don't want to spend $50 + shipping on a new module.  I could just take the bulb out (it fails "on").  I really don't feel the need for a battery light on a garden tractor, but if it's there, I would like it to work (and not constantly be on).  I'll wire in my circuit if I can't come up with a used module.  Thanks.

P.S.  I put this here instead of the "parts wanted" section since it's so Ariens specific.  Mods...feel free to move it if need be.  Thanks again.

Attached Files

Edited by Billy M, February 01, 2016 - 03:56 PM.

• HANKG said thank you

#2 jveisz OFFLINE  

jveisz
  • Member No: 78330
  • 1 Thanks
  • 1 posts

Posted February 02, 2016 - 07:51 AM

The part I need is for my Grand Sierra, but the Sierra and High Sierra have the same part on them.  I figured it would be easier to find one of those.  It's the voltage sensing module for the battery light on the dash.  It's #19 in the diagram (Ariens part# 03653300).  I actually have a circuit I can wire in that will work, but I would like to see if someone has a module they could part with first.  I don't want to spend $50 + shipping on a new module.  I could just take the bulb out (it fails "on").  I really don't feel the need for a battery light on a garden tractor, but if it's there, I would like it to work (and not constantly be on).  I'll wire in my circuit if I can't come up with a used module.  Thanks.

P.S.  I put this here instead of the "parts wanted" section since it's so Ariens specific.  Mods...feel free to move it if need be.  Thanks again.

Billy,

Try this guy.  I just got a headlight for my GS from him a few weeks ago.

photo.jpg
danielbnh@outlook.com
John

• Billy M said thank you

#3 Billy M OFFLINE  

Billy M
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 15999
  • 349 Thanks
  • 355 posts

Posted March 07, 2016 - 11:30 PM

Well, I found a running parts machine and the voltage module was bad on that as well.  :(   That discouraged me from getting a used one.  So...I went with my plan B.  I took a low voltage alarm circuit (Futurekit FK915), desoldered the alarm on it, and soldered wires from the alarm contacts to the light on the dash.  I tapped into the plug/harness where the old module went to supply power.  I also installed plugs on both ends of the alarm circuit for removal/re-install.  I hot-glued the circuit board in a project box, and done!

Attached Thumbnails

• DSCF2146.JPG