Garden Tractor Forums banner

Ford 100 Hydro complete service and help needed

3K views 23 replies 7 participants last post by  ducky 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I am getting ready for spring. I aquired this tractor about a month ago. Since this will be my mowing tractor this year I want to do the complete service

So far all I have done is disassembled, cleaned, ordered a new belt and bought painted and decaled the new battery cover.

Where can I find the filter? Links help I suck navigation.

Where can I find a cooling fan mine is mia?

Best way to service this transmission? And advice is needed.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 · (Edited by Moderator)
I did a filter change on my Jake 1450 a while back. The filter # is JAC545440. You can get it here! Look under hydrogear parts. They also have the fan!

The Sundstrand # is T9700111

Reactions: RAJ and TomLGT195
#9 ·
They can be slow at times!

#13 ·
Have you got the center from your fan to see what it had there?

#16 ·
Someone has to still make this filter, just not sure where to look.

#17 ·
Another more available option is to modify for a cartridge filter. The are cheap and easy to get, and generally better than the old cartridge style.

Depending on the location of you're rotation, you can get filters and adapters for a reasonable price.

I got my filter and adapter from Princess Auto. Right now the adapters are on sale for 10 bucks Canadian, (probably about 5 dollars US. A 10 micron filter would run about 20 bucks depending on length, and if they are on sale or not.

Then it's just fittings to tie it in to your system.

I have no idea if they ship to the states, but with the current exchange it may be worth the shipping

#18 ·
Another more available option is to modify for a cartridge filter. The are cheap and easy to get, and generally better than the old cartridge style.

Depending on the location of you're rotation, you can get filters and adapters for a reasonable price.

I got my filter and adapter from Princess Auto. Right now the adapters are on sale for 10 bucks Canadian, (probably about 5 dollars US. A 10 micron filter would run about 20 bucks depending on length, and if they are on sale or not.

Then it's just fittings to tie it in to your system.

I have no idea if they ship to the states, but with the current exchange it may be worth the shipping
This is not an external filter, so that wouldn't be an option.

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:141456]
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:141457]

#20 ·
Go to a wix dealer , they sell those for many applications. I can not believe Sundstrand has a special filter just for that hydro.
I just went to Wix and used all the #'s from the pics above and got no results.

#22 ·
I just went to Wix and used all the #'s from the pics above and got no results.
Yup. That's why you need to go to a dealer that's reputable, he can find your filter or a suitable replacement. This sometimes is not a viable solution as these folks are far and few between. But Kenny's option is the next best thing, just need to be sure the filter has a " shell" on it.

#23 ·
New fan modified and installed.adjusted all linkages. Modified the belt gaurd some more. I would have taken it for a test drive but my new 24x12-12 tire keeps going flat. So I will order a tube and that gives me enough time to get wheel weights hardware

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.