• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 holdenboy1960 OFFLINE  

holdenboy1960
  • Member No: 62113
  • 1,472 Thanks
  • 819 posts

Posted January 31, 2016 - 07:12 AM

As some of you people know i don't have a Camera ( ran over it with the MTD ) so i'm just going to post some specs of it  ( commentary of it ) well a rough 1 anyways

the chassis is of 4x2 x 4 mm box section steel ,most box section is 4 mm on this build

the rear wheel track is 35,1/2 ' centre to centre tread 

front wheel centre to rear wheel centre is 56" 

12 inch rear ATV tires which stands 27" tall, front is 4x8 but i am changing them to 2.5 x8 later maybe  

rear rims centers have been cut out, replaced with Holden rim centres to suit the VS 1997 holden diff which has been cut down to suit , i did weld the diff in as i figure i don't have to ever remove it 

cross member is of 2 x 2",  4 mm on cradle or centre pivot & the steer box is an old car 1 with inline planetary gear of 4 : 1 reduction so the steer is easy to use 

the tail shaft ( drive shaft ) who knows what it was , only used the diff coupling from it to match the gearbox output yoke which is also holden 1978 to 85 models 4 speed man

the motor is 2001 briggs & stratton 8 HP electric start horizontal shaft

idler shaft belt clutch , what a drama getting the belts & pulleys sorted to the right reductions for the driveline but finally got it sorted  

the biggest problem i have is trying to work out how i want the 3 point linkage  set up on it weather i use bracketry or a full plate to mount the lift bars & top linkage to 

under the gearbox midriff i got 9'1/2 " ground clearance ' so not sure if i'm doing a cutter deck for under it 

so for a quick commentary thats where im up to so far , i did have a compact press clutch idler shaft type in but could not get enough reduction so had to remove it & go the belt style clutch 

i have a hydraulic pump & tank in (1peace unit 12 volt ) for it but got to find the rams to see what i'm using for the lifts , have a few rams though 

the pump & ram come out of a truck pallet lift off the back 

• Gtractor, Alc, KennyP and 3 others have said thanks

#2 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,518 Thanks
  • 39,734 posts

Posted January 31, 2016 - 07:34 AM

You need a new camera bad! I want to see this! Ilike the Nikon Coolpix I have, about a cellphone size.

For you folks not mm savvy, 4mm = 0.15748 or about 5/32".

• limebuzz, boyscout862, KC9KAS and 2 others have said thanks

#3 holdenboy1960 OFFLINE  

holdenboy1960
  • 1,472 Thanks
  • 819 posts

Posted January 31, 2016 - 08:18 AM

You need a new camera bad! I want to see this! Ilike the Nikon Coolpix I have, about a cellphone size.

For you folks not mm savvy, 4mm = 0.15748 or about 5/32".

lmao Kenny i was to lazy to measure in imperial , just knew what it is in metric savvy, jokes m8 but i do mostly convert for ya'll , mostly work with imperial 

• KennyP, boyscout862, BNK and 1 other said thanks

#4 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,518 Thanks
  • 39,734 posts

Posted January 31, 2016 - 08:55 AM

Just thought I would throw that in there as I had to convert it. Our Canadian friends would know what that was!

• limebuzz, boyscout862 and holdenboy1960 have said thanks

#5 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,804 Thanks
  • 7,545 posts

Posted January 31, 2016 - 09:22 AM

lmao Kenny i was to lazy to measure in imperial , just knew what it is in metric savvy, jokes m8 but i do mostly convert for ya'll , mostly work with imperial 

Many years ago I worked with an engineer from England. He called it christian vs metric. It still gives me a chuckle. Good Luck, Rick

• limebuzz, KennyP, holdenboy1960 and 1 other said thanks

#6 holdenboy1960 OFFLINE  

holdenboy1960
  • 1,472 Thanks
  • 819 posts

Posted January 31, 2016 - 09:25 AM

probably right there the system tests us sometimes when i'm in a crazy mood i measure in both ...........then look out 

• KennyP and boyscout862 have said thanks

#7 James Bosma OFFLINE  

James Bosma
  • Member No: 76126
  • 451 Thanks
  • 221 posts

Posted January 31, 2016 - 10:27 AM

Just thought I would throw that in there as I had to convert it. Our Canadian friends would know what that was!

In Canada we use the same sizes as the States,  its measured in inches,  eg   2 x 4 x .125 wall

Metric sizes are special order

• limebuzz, KennyP and holdenboy1960 have said thanks

#8 holdenboy1960 OFFLINE  

holdenboy1960
  • 1,472 Thanks
  • 819 posts

Posted February 07, 2016 - 08:02 AM

As for the hydraulic system , i am going to make mine manual lift for the minute i have to find the tank & pump 12v& all the bits 1st & then see if it's worth it to install ,

i have fabbed the hood ,grill panel & dash-firewall panel as well & all mounted , looks like a bulldozer on wheels  but turned out good

i drove it for the 1st time during the week and only had 1 prob , that was had to change a idler tension pulley spring to a heavier 1 to stop belt slip on the second reduction befor g/box

may have to add some additional weight to the rear later , i have got plenty of body build weights (steel round 1's for the lift bars) at a guess 30+ of them 

the drive reductions are from motor to rear wheel rotation is 

engine to reduction (counter or idler shaft) is  10:2 

reduction to g/box is                                        10:1 

1st gear input shaft to tailshaft is                       3:1

drive shaft to tire rotation is                         8,3/4:1

thats the reductions of my Machine , but not sure how to work out a total reduction of the set up !

asin engine to wheel rotation total

• limebuzz and KennyP have said thanks

#9 holdenboy1960 OFFLINE  

holdenboy1960
  • 1,472 Thanks
  • 819 posts

Posted February 14, 2016 - 07:01 AM

a few pic's of the GT i'm doing P6280169.JPG this is the hood and grill fab'ed , no grill fitted yet & chassis has to be cut down as well ,

P6280198.JPG here is the ole seat i'm using which is a" Emerson No 1" tractor seat from kerbside yrs ago & the lift  height adjuster unit i made , i can hold the lever out sideways to fine trim height  or lock in to hold , have to extend handle 12" yet a little more purchase and g/box , diff yoke set up.

P6280170.JPG this pic is of undercarriage & lift arms setup , still have to cut the chassis rails to suit too & have to place the other cross chain on yet 

the hood & dash/firewall & steer wheel   P6280164.JPG the steer wheel i might swap out later if i can find something better                     

Clutch and reduction pulleys    P6280163.JPG engine & part of the steering set up 

some of the pic's never worked out so if i can, more to come of the steer unit underneath & steer box lift gear , wheel & such  

& a pic of the seat ( a better shot )P6280166.JPG as i said some photos are not the best ...............but 

Shane 

• Alc, KennyP, backwoods and 3 others have said thanks

#10 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,518 Thanks
  • 39,734 posts

Posted February 14, 2016 - 08:05 AM

It's looking good! I think you have it going your way!

• boyscout862 and holdenboy1960 have said thanks

#11 holdenboy1960 OFFLINE  

holdenboy1960
  • 1,472 Thanks
  • 819 posts

Posted February 14, 2016 - 10:00 AM

yes it is going well so far but lost the Panzer look so went for practicality instead , but still can not find the hydraulic tank & pump gear for it yet ,it's all the little jobs that takes sooo long ,checking checking checking ,

i did want a front to rear pto shaft but don't think i'll get both now just the back , the chassis rails when i cut them i'm cutting in c shape then drilling and sleeve * bolt though for direct chain for pulling and such , but don't know what to have for a grill yet still pondering 

90% of the welding is done with stick (arc)welder for a better job too, burns in better 

• limebuzz, KennyP and boyscout862 have said thanks

#12 holdenboy1960 OFFLINE  

holdenboy1960
  • 1,472 Thanks
  • 819 posts

Posted February 20, 2016 - 01:23 AM

UPDATE

a couple more pic's of bits done  these  1st   2 pics are of the lift bars at max height up & down & i tidied up most of the bits & pieces , cutting & rounding them off tidy with also junk tray mounted under the seat  (stainless steel )                

P7050015.JPG P7050016.JPG  still got to make another top linkage & adjust arm & cut left Chassis rail yet  ( run out of grinder blades )

P7050017.JPG this is the g/box cover done + brake pedal mounted but not coupled to anything & seat change  & the ignition barrel finished with some wiring done including the solenoid  , the throttle is in & done except the knob to be put on 

P7050018.JPG a shot a part of the steer linkage uniball setup 

this is the planetary steerbox    P7050021.JPG with 2 greece wind in caps for lubrication

Shane 

• Alc, KennyP, backwoods and 1 other said thanks

#13 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,518 Thanks
  • 39,734 posts

Posted February 20, 2016 - 05:19 AM

Good to see progress here, Shane. Takes a bit to build one.

#14 holdenboy1960 OFFLINE  

holdenboy1960
  • 1,472 Thanks
  • 819 posts

Posted February 20, 2016 - 08:18 AM

yes Kenny it does , but it's all the fiddly things that kills the time , and finding all the bits in lost property or around the paddock lol

i am always losing my tape measure 

• boyscout862 said thank you

#15 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,518 Thanks
  • 39,734 posts

Posted February 20, 2016 - 08:21 AM

yes Kenny it does , but it's all the fiddly things that kills the time , and finding all the bits in lost property or around the paddock lol

i am always losing my tape measure 

Same thing here, lay something down and spend time finding it again!