jpackard56

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7225
  • 1,768 Thanks
  • 1,407 posts

Posted January 30, 2016 - 06:58 AM

Met JimD yesterday. He had a snow plow that I think will fit the Craftsman Gt that came with my oldest's first house or and MTD at the farm. We figure if it is too much trouble to fit we'll just put it back on here for somebody else to fool with. Well Jim and I set the time and day based on his/my Dr schedules and the weather predictions. Ya, the weather was supposed to be 50 F, it was 26 F and 25-35 mph crosswinds blowing snow the whole 132 miles. When my wife and I arrived there was ONE set of tracks out of Jim's place in the new snow. Fearing something came up I called his phone worried that the neighbors would soon be calling the police from a strange vehicle in his yard. Well fortunately Jim had been in the back of the house and the tracks were from his wife going out. Cold blowing snow going in the overhead doors of his shop so we didn't stay as long as would have liked to. Jim has several finished/working Wheel Horses, one in progress and the Deere did most of the mowing this last summer while he was laid up. Really a nice shop layout and lighting. Wish we could have stayed longer,

we did conclude that "growing old is NOT for sissies" Great people on here, my wife took the pictures.IMG_20160129_121634.jpg

IMG_20160129_121756.jpg

I'm the Jim on the right with MIA hat, JimD is on the left with OHio State hat for those of you  that have never seen either of us. We knda dwarfed the Deere and Horses so we moved to let them in photo :)

• olcowhand, JimD, Gtractor and 13 others have said thanks

#2 TomLGT195 OFFLINE  

TomLGT195
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 29432
  • 2,801 Thanks
  • 2,200 posts

Posted January 30, 2016 - 07:34 AM

It's always nice to meet up with a fellow enthusiast. Thanks for the pics and the story, it's what make this such a special place.

• JimD, jpackard56, boyscout862 and 2 others have said thanks

#3 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,440 Thanks
  • 39,678 posts

Posted January 30, 2016 - 07:40 AM

It's good to see folks getting together. Thanks for the pics!

• JimD, jpackard56, boyscout862 and 2 others have said thanks

#4 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,281 Thanks
  • 28,615 posts

Posted January 30, 2016 - 08:07 AM

Glad you had a chance to visit.
Got a plow and met a friend. Good day in My book, in spite of the weather
  • JimD, jpackard56, oldedeeres and 1 other said thanks

#5 crittersf1 OFFLINE  

crittersf1

GT Lunatic

• Member No: 26142
  • 4,167 Thanks
  • 5,759 posts

Posted January 30, 2016 - 08:24 AM

What's a little snow between new friends?

• JimD, jpackard56 and 637Yeoman have said thanks

#6 JimD OFFLINE  

JimD

• Member No: 385
  • 680 Thanks
  • 482 posts

Posted January 31, 2016 - 10:12 AM

Jim, it was a pleasure meeting you and your lovely wife Charlene. Hope I spelled that right. You were both an absolute delight and it felt like we could become great friends if we lived closer to each other. I hope you'll be able to put the plow to good use. It will be nice to not have to move it to get other things in and out of that corner. Dang thing was gaining weight every time I had to move it I swear. :bigrofl: I'm glad the rest of your trip was pleasant too.

Thanks,

Jim

• jpackard56 said thank you

#7 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,077 posts

Posted January 31, 2016 - 10:49 AM

Pretty cool when people get to meet from here. It's ashame we are all spread out across 2 countries. Be awesome to have a get together.

#8 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,723 Thanks
  • 8,906 posts

Posted January 31, 2016 - 11:25 AM

Did Jim pull off his prosthetic leg and show you what he keeps inside of it while you were there? Probably not with your wife along.......

#9 jpackard56 OFFLINE  

jpackard56

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,768 Thanks
  • 1,407 posts

Posted January 31, 2016 - 01:02 PM

Did Jim pull off his prosthetic leg and show you what he keeps inside of it while you were there? Probably not with your wife along.......

It was a tad too drafty and cold for those shenanigans ! But my wife has been around me since we were in the 8th grade, married to me for 38 years and we have 4 boys that we have gotten to adult hood, so it takes a LOT to surprise her. :D

• olcowhand said thank you

#10 jpackard56 OFFLINE  

jpackard56

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,768 Thanks
  • 1,407 posts

Posted January 31, 2016 - 01:14 PM

Jim, it was a pleasure meeting you and your lovely wife Charlene. Hope I spelled that right. You were both an absolute delight and it felt like we could become great friends if we lived closer to each other. I hope you'll be able to put the plow to good use. It will be nice to not have to move it to get other things in and out of that corner. Dang thing was gaining weight every time I had to move it I swear. :bigrofl: I'm glad the rest of your trip was pleasant too.

Thanks,

Jim

Hey Jim,

Yes you spelled her name correctly !! She will be delighted when I tell her. She especially gets upset with computers that spell-correct her name to Charles. We actually HAD a joint credit card that came thru James and Charles :wallbanging:

I do believe that we are on very similar wavelengths and hope that even with the distance we can touch base now and then. Very much enjoyed meeting you, I'll get some photos of the plow hooked up or we'll see it back on here for somebody else to fool with.

I especially need to pick your brain on metal lathe/milling machine combo's sometime.

Get yourself better so we can stir up some fun !

• JimD said thank you

#11 jpackard56 OFFLINE  

jpackard56

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,768 Thanks
  • 1,407 posts

Posted January 31, 2016 - 02:06 PM

Pretty cool when people get to meet from here. It's ashame we are all spread out across 2 countries. Be awesome to have a get together.

At least we can meet here  :thumbs:  The folks I've met in person are from 2.5 hours to over 10 for me. JimD was about 3 hours.

The Cub guys from "The Largest Sand-Box Show" area over in Pa. which included "Geezer" are all about 2.5 to 3 hours, Vince moved to the Carolina's so only e-mail and phone.. Might make his plow day sometime (its on my list) Couple other Cub folks are

Independence Ky, (5hrs) Louisville Ky.(6hrs) and Westmooreland Tn.(10hrs) Daniel's plow day in KY. (because I picked up one of my boys on the way I think it was 14hrs) Gonya's Plow day in N.W. Ohio ( my first time this year, about 5 hours) I'm probably missing some just now, but it is easy to see that without GTT I'd be like a cork in the ocean.... :(  Thanks George and ALL the moderators for making this thing work :worshippy1:

• JimD said thank you

#12 JimD OFFLINE  

JimD

• Member No: 385
  • 680 Thanks
  • 482 posts

Posted February 01, 2016 - 03:34 AM

Jim you need to get skype and a and a cheap webcam. Then we could talk online for free whenever we could. It's a free download and easy to use. I get on with some other friends from Redsquare Wheel Horse forum and some friends from another site. I talk to folks in Canada, Australia, Netherlands, Pa., Maryland, Nevada, and more in Ohio. I'm surprised more people don't take advantage of it, especially on these forums. It's a great way to keep in touch and even help each other with projects you're working on if you both have the same models of tractors. Even if you don't. Think about it and maybe we could give it a try and get more folks to give it a look too. If you don't like it you're not bound to use it. Again, glad to have met you.