• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,271 Thanks
  • 28,609 posts

Posted January 29, 2016 - 06:02 PM

Just to let you all know..I have had 2 stokes and I have COPD with mold allergy's.
Few weeks ago my O2 level started dipping to the point I was put on oxygen..well come to find out that the main reason for this is the old mobile home we live in is infested with mold.
 We started shopping for a replacement only to discover we had credit issues because we always tried to pay cash for everything..long story short..we couldn't even get the cheapest house financed without a huge down payment and really high payments. I mentioned this to a couple of friends on Facebook and next thing I know someone has set up a GoFund me for us..I thanked them and didn't think much of it..BUT...in 24hrs this thing exploded into a love fest...Folks I thought hated my guts were putting money into it for our down payment..it now has $1700 in it in ONE DAY.I am a good sized guy..but I want to say I have spent alot of time in tears..humanity might just not be as bad as I thought it was.

image.jpg
  • KennyP, Cvans, chris m and 3 others have said thanks

#17 Auburn David OFFLINE  

Auburn David
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 61865
  • 2,754 Thanks
  • 1,962 posts

Posted January 29, 2016 - 06:15 PM

The way I was brought up, to owe money was a sin and a sign that you weren't capable of looking after yourself. "If you can't pay for it, you don't need it; go without rather than borrow" was beaten into me from an early age. Soooo, I too am stuck in the limbo of not having a credit rating. We always saved until we could pay cash, or did without. Big mistake. Turns out, even if you can afford to pay up front for a fairly major purchase, you should borrow to pay for something or buy on time, and then pay off the loan, just to establish a credit rating. Who knew? It's a crazy world we live in. So sorry to hear about your problems, and I hope your breathing clears soon.

Thats the way I was raised as well..course we were dirt poor so credit never was an option anyway.Wish I had got some credit now though.

• boyscout862 and oldedeeres have said thanks

#18 Auburn David OFFLINE  

Auburn David
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 2,754 Thanks
  • 1,962 posts

Posted January 29, 2016 - 06:22 PM

I guess you just picked his new user name :D
David, sorry to hear you are having the problem.
Sent a small donation and liked it and shared it too.

Hopefully, the human race is redeemable and some of them can help you along.

We really do Thank you..but that's not the purpose of this post..this really has opened my eyes as to how close we all really are on social media..made me realize I talk to people online more than I do most of my friends and family..and when there is a need....these folks we don't even know come running to help..its now sinking in.I might not post here everyday..but I read the post here everyday..and try to keep up with you all!

• olcowhand, MH81, LilysDad and 3 others have said thanks

#19 Little Irish Men OFFLINE  

Little Irish Men
  • Member No: 61934
  • 663 Thanks
  • 386 posts

Posted January 29, 2016 - 07:51 PM

I am so sorry , I know you will come througt this , You have a very loving and supporting  wife there with you . Now for that !@#$%^..+_)(*&^%$#@ .... That Mold is nothing to play with . I sat in a 10 hour class to learn how bad this  S*&^@#  is.  Mold is right up there with  asbestos , and  pigeon poop , yes .  For all you out there that have a consent sins problem , you need to look in to the possibility that there might be a mold problem in or around your living space . Bathrooms , basements, ........ David  you hang in there , good people and help is on the way.

Patrick. 

• MH81, oldedeeres and Auburn David have said thanks

#20 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,077 posts

Posted January 29, 2016 - 08:17 PM

Credit is a strange thing...

You need credit to buy something. You can't get it because you have no credit. But to get credit you need to use credit.

Strange business indeed.

Wish you the best in buying a new place.
  • oldedeeres and Auburn David have said thanks

#21 Auburn David OFFLINE  

Auburn David
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 2,754 Thanks
  • 1,962 posts

Posted January 29, 2016 - 09:29 PM

Just got word my Wifes mom had another stoke.leaving out for Kentucky..she might not make it threw the night..I might not post any over the next few days...I dont use a cell phone..but will update when I can.

• olcowhand, MH81, oldedeeres and 1 other said thanks

#22 Eric OFFLINE  

Eric
  • Member No: 41778
  • 987 Thanks
  • 669 posts

Posted January 29, 2016 - 09:36 PM

David I am sorry to hear of your troubles, I recently also learned that the human race may just have a few good ones left in its ranks. I don't have much to give as I am living on Navy retirement checks but I was taught to give when a need is present. If you ever need a hand or want to build a house please let me know, I will bring my tools and can do attitude and I am sure we can get a few folks to help out. I am sure we can whip a house into existence in no time! Hope you feel better and keep your head up, good fortune is sure to find you. Eric.
  • MH81, oldedeeres and Auburn David have said thanks

#23 oldedeeres ONLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 5,850 Thanks
  • 3,193 posts

Posted January 29, 2016 - 10:35 PM

Seems it never rains but it pours David, my good thoughts are with you in this time of trouble.
  • Auburn David said thank you

#24 Auburn David OFFLINE  

Auburn David
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 2,754 Thanks
  • 1,962 posts

Posted January 30, 2016 - 12:33 AM

Not expecting our mom(my wifes mom) to last the night we are heading to Ky..might be off line a few days..Thank you all!!!

• olcowhand, MH81, KennyP and 1 other said thanks

#25 TomLGT195 OFFLINE  

TomLGT195
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 29432
  • 2,798 Thanks
  • 2,197 posts

Posted January 30, 2016 - 07:07 AM

David , good luck , and a few prayers go out to you and your family.

#26 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,419 Thanks
  • 39,669 posts

Posted January 30, 2016 - 07:20 AM

David , good luck , and a few prayers go out to you and your family.

Same from here, David!

• TomLGT195 said thank you