Texas Member

• Site Supporter
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 415
  • 4,939 Thanks
  • 3,320 posts

Posted January 28, 2016 - 08:32 PM

The City Cable channel came out today to interview me (a City Employee) about my hobbies (Restore GT's). They are making a series of employee interviews, and I was 1st. Anyhow, it was at my place and lasted about 2-1/2 hours. Now I am not camera shy, but I found it difficult describing the hobby. Plenty plugs for both Tractor forums, and the Texas Early Day Tractor & Engine Association Show. He asked questions and I described how, what, why as best I could, and after the interview I thought of comments others have said like (for the love of saving "old Iron") but those eluded me during the interviews. He still want's before and after pictures, and would like hi-def, but I explained to him that most of the pictures I have are set to e-mail quality so they could be posted. I will look through my archives to see what I can come up with. Overall I think it went well, and hopefully his editing skills will make this enjoyable. The interview will be provided to me on a DVD, and once I approve it will be posted on the City's cable channel, and web site.

• daytime dave, Gtractor, MH81 and 17 others have said thanks

#2 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,697 Thanks
  • 8,555 posts

Posted January 28, 2016 - 08:40 PM

Sounds like quite an experience.  Post a link when it is on the site.

• KennyP and boyscout862 have said thanks

#3 shorty ONLINE  

shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6172
  • 3,508 Thanks
  • 3,905 posts

Posted January 28, 2016 - 08:41 PM

That is cool. We need the link to watch then when it's finished.
  • KennyP, boyscout862 and oldedeeres have said thanks

#4 larrybl ONLINE  

larrybl

Texas Member

• Site Supporter
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,939 Thanks
  • 3,320 posts

Posted January 28, 2016 - 08:44 PM

Will Do! Thanks!

• wvbuzzmaster and boyscout862 have said thanks

#5 daytime dave OFFLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted January 28, 2016 - 08:53 PM

Very cool.  If it's possible, like everyone else, please share a link when it is available.

• boyscout862 said thank you

#6 Chopperhed OFFLINE  

Chopperhed
  • Member No: 20120
  • 1,852 Thanks
  • 1,071 posts

Posted January 28, 2016 - 10:43 PM

He still want's before and after pictures, and would like hi-def, but I explained to him that most of the pictures I have are set to e-mail quality so they could be posted.

Being featured for your work is a nice reward.

On the picture side of things, and slightly off topic.

I take all my pics in HD and reduce afterwards. It's hard on camera memory, but the results are better.
  • larrybl and boyscout862 have said thanks

#7 larrybl ONLINE  

larrybl

Texas Member

• Site Supporter
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,939 Thanks
  • 3,320 posts

Posted January 28, 2016 - 11:02 PM

I take so many pictures, mainly for re-assembly reference, I have found some medium pictures that should work. I still have a lot of archives to go through though. He was also interested in if I had another project that may be available soon, He would come back out to get a before shot. Just so happens I am going to Belton this Saturday to look at a Craig's list find on another Craftsman II.  

#8 bbuckler OFFLINE  

bbuckler
  • Member No: 59269
  • 2,079 Thanks
  • 1,885 posts

Posted January 28, 2016 - 11:07 PM

I take so many pictures, mainly for re-assembly reference, I have found some medium pictures that should work. I still have a lot of archives to go through though. He was also interested in if I had another project that may be available soon, He would come back out to get a before shot. Just so happens I am going to Belton this Saturday to look at a Craig's list find on another Craftsman II.  

I saw that one I thought about telling you but I remember seeing you need to fix your bathtub.

• larrybl said thank you

#9 adamjd200 OFFLINE  

adamjd200
  • Member No: 39654
  • 1,391 Thanks
  • 1,526 posts

Posted January 29, 2016 - 12:10 AM

As for camera memory, I use a micro sd card, and if I ever fill it I can go buy another for $10, my camera is a Kodak digital that I bought at a yard sale for  $20, it's older but works well, I don't use the actual memory on the camera.

#10 Bolens800uk OFFLINE  

Bolens800uk
  • Member No: 63893
  • 1,162 Thanks
  • 916 posts

Posted January 29, 2016 - 02:22 AM

I know what it's like when you have a camera set filming you; I have been interviewed a number of times by a local BBC news crew regarding gardening and the National Trust. Not exactly camera shy but to get the 'message' across can be difficult! I always think I should have mentioned that or said that; a bit like finishing your exams and you fret over what should have been written!

I would be interested in seeing your documentary when it's available.
  • sacsr and boyscout862 have said thanks

#11 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,647 Thanks
  • 6,460 posts

Posted January 29, 2016 - 03:54 AM

Don't worry, 2 hours shooting and you'll get 2 minutes when it's edited and added to all the others.

#12 camdigger ONLINE  

camdigger
  • Member No: 70250
  • 678 Thanks
  • 234 posts

Posted January 29, 2016 - 04:11 AM

As for camera memory, I use a micro sd card, and if I ever fill it I can go buy another for $10, my camera is a Kodak digital that I bought at a yard sale for  $20, it's older but works well, I don't use the actual memory on the camera.

I take a LOT of video and pictures for work and personal reasons. Our corporate website is very picture intensive and I took 80% of the pictures on it. In a month's period, I might take 8 to 10 GB of pictures and video.

My methodology is a bit different. I use a Nikon L26 camera which takes great pics and video or a dash cam. The camera is equipped with an 8GB SD card. By high command, the pictures I take for work are all high pixel count and average 4 MB per image. I don't bother changing resolution as MS picture manager can do compression or file reduction so easily.

At the end of the day or when I get time, I pop the SD card out of the camera and plug it into my computer either directly via an SD slot, or into a USB port via an adaptor. Moving the pictures onto the computer for further processing is a matter of drag and drop into a folder. From there, the pictures are labelled and edited using either MS paint or just MS picture editor (both free downloads). Video is edited with MS movie maker. All images and pictures are stored locally on my computer and regularly backed up to external hard drives. I have 3.25 TB of memory in 4 hard drives on my desk, BTW.

Dash cam footage is stored in the 6 GB onboard mini SD card and transferred to my computer in like manner via an adaptor. MS movie maker (also a free download for windows users) takes care of any editing and file format changes.

I can email up to 4 high res images per email on our corporate system. I do copy all raw and processed images and video onto USB sticks and send to the office for their records and further use.

I have only received a few criticisms of my process, mainly around shaky video and poorly composed photos. The whining about equipment stopped when I reminded them that this was all my personal equipment and they weren't even paying for the batteries consumed. I then told them I would use anything they decided to buy for me. So far all they have supplied is a cheap tripod for videos.
  • MH81, KennyP, jpackard56 and 2 others have said thanks

#13 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,346 Thanks
  • 39,627 posts

Posted January 29, 2016 - 04:26 AM

I'll be lurking for the showing! Congrats, Larry!

#14 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,206 Thanks
  • 28,581 posts

Posted January 29, 2016 - 07:22 AM

Can't wait to see the results.
And don't worry, Hindsight is always 20/20.

#15 larrybl ONLINE  

larrybl

Texas Member

• Site Supporter
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,939 Thanks
  • 3,320 posts

Posted January 29, 2016 - 11:07 AM

I saw that one I thought about telling you but I remember seeing you need to fix your bathtub.

Bath tub got plastic welded for now, priorites you know :thumbs:

• MH81 and KennyP have said thanks