wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted January 28, 2016 - 06:15 PM

Wanted a snow blade for each of my two Cub Cadets. My Cub Cadet 108 will get a factory blade I hope. But my 102 has had a few modifications and upgrades. With the Super Steer front axle kicking far forward as well as raising the tractor, certain blade geometry would be compromised. Additionally someone before me welded a plate onto the lift lever. So using the mower bracket that bolts to the front (can't find the bolts I took out of it) I began to see what in the world could work. Tripped over the Bolens tube frame snow plow again. I had two and gave one away and was planning to sell this blade, until about two hours ago lol. Anyway, just loosely bolted stuff together to see if it would work and the Bolens guys will not have to shield their eyes. Best I can tell any and all modifications will be to the original Cub Cadet mule bracket. I will definitely be adding tie back braces like the factory design, but today was see what it looks like. I am now looking for a Narrow frame spring assist to make life easier lol. Pics to come, must switch devices.

Edited by wvbuzzmaster, January 28, 2016 - 06:19 PM.

#2 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted January 28, 2016 - 06:19 PM

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454023046.514460.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454023078.395898.jpg
  • RAJ, DH1, CRFarnsworth and 1 other said thanks

#3 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,664 Thanks
  • 6,480 posts

Posted January 28, 2016 - 07:21 PM

Well, guess it will work. Cub blades should be easy to find would think?  Hope plans to IMPROVE the looks of that lift bar tho, I couldn't have THAT on my tractor. Shame on you! :poke:

• wvbuzzmaster said thank you

#4 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted January 28, 2016 - 07:29 PM

Well, guess it will work. Cub blades should be easy to find would think?  Hope plans to IMPROVE the looks of that lift bar tho, I couldn't have THAT on my tractor. Shame on you! :poke:

Plentiful... Probably, but you know how it is when people know what they have and know that you can use it. I got lucky to spend only $150 for the tractor, but that guy was tight for money and busy cutting up a Jeep Grand Cherokee for scrap. We will see about that linkage, I might use more of the Cub Cadet mower deck mounting linkages for that. I have two of them, no decks, so free material to hack up for things. I will not weld to the Bolens linkage, since this blade is in decent shape.
  • chieffan said thank you

#5 BNK OFFLINE  

BNK
  • Member No: 62066
  • 983 Thanks
  • 444 posts

Posted January 28, 2016 - 07:56 PM

You used the mule drive for the front mount! I like seeing that "float" on your lift rod! Too cool to do what you've got to make it a pusher! Cub Cadet tough with Bolens stuff*

Edited by BNK, January 28, 2016 - 07:58 PM.

• wvbuzzmaster said thank you

#6 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted January 28, 2016 - 08:05 PM

Ya, that float slot is part of the Bolens lift rod setup, which is why I was glad to see it line up, just needing an extension, because I definitely want that during snow plowing.
  • propane1 and BNK have said thanks