Garden Tractor Forums banner
3K views 25 replies 18 participants last post by  jimbobbillyray 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Alice got to pull a garden plow today! I'm very proud of how she did! :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana:

No chains on the tires either, just the Sears weights. Aaron wanted a furrow cut alongside a building to help channel water away instead of through it. So I put the 3-point to sleeve adapter on Alice and the 10" sleeve hitch plow on there. Since it was only one furrow, I didn't try to set anything, just let her dig. And she did an awesome job of that. Got close to the building and scraped some paint off the wheel weight, but it was gonna happen some time. I'm very happy with the performance of this tractor. Plus, I got seat time! :dancingbanana:

Now for some pics!

Tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Tread Motor vehicle

Here's the work area!

Plant Slope Land lot Road surface Grass

This plow is the one I plan to make a 3-point hitch for.

Attachments

See less See more
#9 ·
Good Stuff Kenny glad you got to use it to do something.

I think you can reverse the Sears weights so they bow in instead of out. ???
I'm thinking about putting the Gravely split weights on the inside!

You mean the ground is dry enough and not froze down there? I'll fix that on the next weather order. :rolling: :dancingbanana: :wave:
No frozen ground here. It got to 90° on the front porch in the sun a bit ago! Running around in flip flops and tee shirts!

Reactions: boyscout862
#11 ·
I mean you can mount the weights the other way, on the outside of the wheel, so the curved side sticks in instead of out.
I gotcha, Doug. Still thinking about adding the others for more traction. It did surprise me that it did this well with those tires and the damp ground. Only spun once when the RH tire dropped in a hole from pulling a small tree out! I know the plow wasn't set near correct, but one furrow doesn't give an option for adjusting.

#14 · (Edited by Moderator)
If you get the original type of Simplicity wheelweights they have ones that fit into the wheels and others that go outside. They end up being very heavy.

I used my B10 with snow plow today to level some of the ruts in the driveway. It freezes at night and turns to mud during the day. Mud Season doesn't usually show up until March but we have it already this year.

I found an old B&S that may be the cover that you wanted but there is 6' of stuff between me and it(down from 8'). Good Luck, Rick

#18 ·
I now know what to expect when doing a 'real' plow day! Got lots of adjustments to make. The lift links are way too long, but easily adjustable. Then it's getting the plow set right.

#22 ·
Kenny, I'm not surprised it did a good job on that furrow. Those ACs are a nice strong tractor and yours looks great. I have found that turfs can actually provide good traction on dry ground, especially if they are run with the pressure low enough to allow some flex in the sidewall.

Reactions: KennyP
#24 ·
Kenny, I'm not surprised it did a good job on that furrow. Those ACs are a nice strong tractor and yours looks great. I have found that turfs can actually provide good traction on dry ground, especially if they are run with the pressure low enough to allow some flex in the sidewall.
I had about 8 PSI in them, Brian! I was worried as that area is on the North side of the building and pretty damp. Only spun the one time when it dropped into the hole. But both tires spun. I just raised the plow a little and it drove right out. Love that Peerless 2500!

#25 ·
I have decided to go ahead with my plans to build a 10" 3-point plow! I am going to use the beam from the 12" for now, just adapting the 10" to it. Look for a thread in the GT Implements forum. May be a bit yet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.