• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#46 sodisr OFFLINE  

sodisr
  • Member No: 9153
  • 651 Thanks
  • 762 posts

Posted February 03, 2016 - 12:40 PM

I may have missed it ,,,  But wasn't there a bolens CD disk on the internet for awhile  on E-bay...  somthing like 86 PDF's of different bolens models...???

#47 LPBolens ONLINE  

LPBolens

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 874
  • 1,176 Thanks
  • 882 posts

Posted February 03, 2016 - 02:07 PM

I may have missed it ,,,  But wasn't there a bolens CD disk on the internet for awhile  on E-bay...  somthing like 86 PDF's of different bolens models...???

That may be, but the quality of the scan is key to the conversion to Excel that I am trying to do. One compilation CD I got a few years back was just a rehash of PDF's that were readily available on the Net, usually for free. The seller had admittedly done the legwork to gather them together, but was not offering fresh scans of original Bolens manuals.

• sodisr said thank you

#48 LPBolens ONLINE  

LPBolens

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,176 Thanks
  • 882 posts

Posted February 04, 2016 - 11:20 AM

Rick (blackjackjakexxix) was kind enough to send a huge stack of original parts manuals on loan to help me with this project. Now I have to sort through that to find what I have on hand that will help immediately

• WrenchinOnIt and Bolens800uk have said thanks

#49 blackjackjakexxix ONLINE  

blackjackjakexxix

Blackjackjakexxix

• Sponsor
  • Member No: 2194
  • 2,356 Thanks
  • 1,763 posts

Posted February 04, 2016 - 11:26 AM

Hope you can find some stuff you can use,really nice of you to take on this project
  • LPBolens and WrenchinOnIt have said thanks

#50 LPBolens ONLINE  

LPBolens

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,176 Thanks
  • 882 posts

Posted February 04, 2016 - 01:13 PM

Hope you can find some stuff you can use,really nice of you to take on this project

I have already been able to cross off one of the missing parts lists that I was asking for. The huge assortment of originals that Rick sent on loan has the 197-03 (1250) Parts List included, so I can cross that one off my ask. Thanks again, Rick!

• Bruce Dorsi, blackjackjakexxix and WrenchinOnIt have said thanks

#51 LPBolens ONLINE  

LPBolens

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,176 Thanks
  • 882 posts

Posted February 04, 2016 - 11:24 PM

I now have found copies of the 1455 (198-01 & -02) Parts List and the 1886 -03 & -04 Parts List. So I am still looking for a good copy of the 1886-02 Parts List, and Parts Lists for the later HT23's. I have the HT23 (2389-01) Parts List, so I need the 2389-02 & -03 & -04 Parts Lists, if they exist.

Rick (blackjackjakexxix) has been a tremendous help. Hopefully the rest of you folks are looking at your stashes of manuals too so you can help me keep this project going.

Edited by LPBolens, February 05, 2016 - 12:35 AM.

#52 Bruce Dorsi ONLINE  

Bruce Dorsi

Old, but not dead -- yet!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1525
  • 3,177 Thanks
  • 2,148 posts

Posted February 05, 2016 - 08:43 AM

So far, I haven't been able to help on the manuals requested.

My manuals are not a complete set, but only some duplicate copies of manuals we once had. (The complete set went to the new owner of our shop.)

Some of the pages I have are pristine, while others were used in the shop, so they are less than pristine. :smilewink:

• Bolens 1000, LPBolens and blackjackjakexxix have said thanks

#53 LPBolens ONLINE  

LPBolens

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,176 Thanks
  • 882 posts

Posted February 05, 2016 - 11:33 AM

So far, I haven't been able to help on the manuals requested.

My manuals are not a complete set, but only some duplicate copies of manuals we once had. (The complete set went to the new owner of our shop.)

Some of the pages I have are pristine, while others were used in the shop, so they are less than pristine. :smilewink:

If the copies have sharp print, they are useable. Just as a note, I have had to re-type some lines to make this work. As an example, even an original HT20D/HT22 Parts List that I have has light type in one section that wouldn't work right, so I had to re-type.

And surprisingly, there are other things that have to be fixed: every Kohler-engined Large Frame Parts List so far has the Description for the PTO belts as Drive Belt 3" instead of Drive Belt 35". Go figure!!

Edited by LPBolens, February 05, 2016 - 12:29 PM.

#54 LPBolens ONLINE  

LPBolens

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,176 Thanks
  • 882 posts

Posted February 05, 2016 - 09:21 PM

Thanks go out to 29 Chev. He has given me a head start on the next group of tractors: the Tube Frames. He sent me an Excel file for the 1050 (192-01) with the part numbers and description already filled in. I am sure that was a lot of effort, but greatly appreciated.

Edited by LPBolens, February 05, 2016 - 09:21 PM.

• blackjackjakexxix, WrenchinOnIt and 29 Chev have said thanks

#55 LPBolens ONLINE  

LPBolens

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,176 Thanks
  • 882 posts

Posted February 05, 2016 - 11:52 PM

For the curious among my friends here, here is a compiled Parts List for all of the Large Frame tractors from 1250 (197-01) through 1886-01. It is sorted in Part No. order. If you open it in Excel you can enter a Part No. into the dialog box that launches with "Ctrl + F". That will take you to the first part listing with that number. Then you can see all of the entries for that number and the tractors shown at the right. I was surprised to see that Bolens did not use a consistent name for a given Part No. from tractor model to tractor model, even in the same general line.

I have deleted any parts listed on the original Parts Lists if they did not have an assigned Bolens part number, but kept all of the parts that had a Bolens part number.

This is only an intermediate step, but progress IS being made. I have many of the Parts Lists completed for Large Frames after 1886-01, but I still do not have 1886-02, or the HT23's after 2389-01.

Attached Files

• Bruce Dorsi, blackjackjakexxix, WrenchinOnIt and 1 other said thanks

#56 Bolens800uk OFFLINE  

Bolens800uk
  • Member No: 63893
  • 1,165 Thanks
  • 919 posts

Posted February 06, 2016 - 01:54 AM

I use an Apple IPad and cannot download the attachment. Is there another way for me to read the spreadsheet on mu IPad or do I need to use a computer?

#57 LPBolens ONLINE  

LPBolens

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,176 Thanks
  • 882 posts

Posted February 06, 2016 - 09:16 AM

I use an Apple IPad and cannot download the attachment. Is there another way for me to read the spreadsheet on mu IPad or do I need to use a computer?

I don't use any Apple products, so I don't know the answer to your specific question about downloading with an iPad, except to say that the download should work on a Windows-based PC. I thought that there were viewers that you could use on Apple products, but I cannot say for sure.

Edited by LPBolens, February 06, 2016 - 01:11 PM.

• Bolens800uk said thank you

#58 wilberj ONLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,213 Thanks
  • 5,218 posts

Posted February 06, 2016 - 09:25 AM

Doug there was never a 1886-02 parts List. Only thing that changed from 01 to 02 was the dash and the choke and throttle controls to the lever kind. 

• LPBolens said thank you

#59 blackjackjakexxix ONLINE  

blackjackjakexxix

Blackjackjakexxix

• Sponsor
  • Member No: 2194
  • 2,356 Thanks
  • 1,763 posts

Posted February 06, 2016 - 09:58 AM

Nice job Doug,I think this is going to nice to have

#60 LPBolens ONLINE  

LPBolens

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,176 Thanks
  • 882 posts

Posted February 06, 2016 - 09:58 AM

Doug there was never a 1886-02 parts List. Only thing that changed from 01 to 02 was the dash and the choke and throttle controls to the lever kind. 

Thanks, Jerome. That is good information to know, although I am surprised that Bolens never issued one and went on to the -03 & -04 numbering.

• blackjackjakexxix said thank you