Attached Thumbnails

• 20160122_112716.jpg

• wvbuzzmaster, boyscout862, Rock farmer and 2 others have said thanks

#2 toppop52 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 54420
  • 3,230 Thanks
  • 3,220 posts

Posted January 26, 2016 - 04:48 PM

I like those tractors, missed one cheap about a year ago. Nice pics!

#3 chieffan OFFLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 5,772 Thanks
  • 4,278 posts

Posted January 26, 2016 - 05:07 PM

Looks like you need more cross bars on your chains.  Need one cross bar on every other side link.  Fill you tires with washer fluid, beat juice or RV antifreeze for more weight at the wheels where you need it.  Lot of things you can do to improve traction and not much cost involved either.  Good luck.

• CanadianHobbyFarmer said thank you

#4 CanadianHobbyFarmer OFFLINE  

• Member No: 73571
  • 903 Thanks
  • 585 posts

Posted January 26, 2016 - 05:07 PM

Nice looking machine. The snow does not look all that deep to me, I would think that a tractor that size would move that with no issue at all. Is it a paved drive or gravel? It looks like the blower is leaving about 1/2 inch or so of snow below it, from your picture, which might be causing your traction issues. That is how most people set them up for gravel drives, but if you have asphalt, you might want to adjust the skid shoes to leave as little as possible without the center of the blower dragging. It looks like you have wheel weights and chains on in your picture, you could try adding liquid ballast in the tires if you haven't already. 

Edit Cheiffan beat me to the ballast suggestion.

Edited by CanadianHobbyFarmer, January 26, 2016 - 05:09 PM.

• propane1 said thank you

#5 JDBrian OFFLINE  

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted January 26, 2016 - 05:36 PM

2 link chains would improve your traction for sure. Most large garden tractors need a lot of weight on the back to get good traction. Another 150 lbs would probably make a big difference. Getting the blower set to the correct height may take some experimentation. Make sure you are running at the correct engine speed, which is usually max. RPMs. 

#6 Oldford OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 50409
  • 802 Thanks
  • 570 posts

Posted January 26, 2016 - 06:18 PM

I had a rig like yours, packed a couple 5 gallon buckets full of sand, stacked them where the trailer ball goes with a couple arms going back to the frame, went from frustration to a decent blower tractor, good luck.

#7 Fdsinozich OFFLINE  

• Member No: 74497
  • 29 Thanks
  • 76 posts

Posted January 26, 2016 - 06:56 PM

I like the comments and suggestions. I plan to adjust the skids, add links to the chains and figure how to add weight to the rear. In 12 to 14 inches, I could not back up even the.slightest grade with the thrower lifted. I tried to cross the street to the neighbors, same thing. Just spun so easily, could not go. It's as if the snow underneath was lifting it up. And maybe the thrower lifted was taking weight off the rear. I will make the adjustments before the next storm and see what happens.
Thanks for helping.
  • limebuzz said thank you