• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#31 Nxt2doc OFFLINE  

Nxt2doc
  • Member No: 66603
  • 623 Thanks
  • 330 posts

Posted January 26, 2016 - 10:21 AM

Hate to hear about your ordeal. I always say the best way to keep a thief out of you back yard is to hang one out front.

• MH81, jpackard56, farmer john and 1 other said thanks

#32 RAJ OFFLINE  

RAJ

JMC fan

• Contributor
  • Member No: 40
  • 302 Thanks
  • 318 posts

Posted January 26, 2016 - 10:32 AM

That is definitely unsettling. Hopefully you can get things back in order soon and be free of any further misfortune.
  • farmer john said thank you

#33 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,240 Thanks
  • 5,077 posts

Posted January 26, 2016 - 11:33 AM

Instead of cracking down on drugs we are just going to make them all legal!

#34 sodisr OFFLINE  

sodisr
  • Member No: 9153
  • 651 Thanks
  • 762 posts

Posted January 26, 2016 - 12:08 PM

sorry to here...  I too had an experience...  When police arrived I said I would have shot them if I would have caught them..  Officer said I would probably go to jail ..???   What's up with that.??   This system is ALL wrong now a days...

• farmer john, oldedeeres and TAHOE have said thanks

#35 lyall ONLINE  

lyall

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2180
  • 1,746 Thanks
  • 1,398 posts

Posted January 26, 2016 - 12:57 PM

years ago my dad worked at the state prison and he told me the there were several prisoner that kept return after a week of being set free.  They told him that it was easier in prison.  They did not have to find a job.  In prison they got free room and board, free clothes, free heath care and free legal advice.  It was the best time of their life.

Here in the USA it looks like prisoner have it better in prison than what we do on the other side.

There is many things wrong about this.

First why do they have more rights than what we do?

They should not have any thing.

they steal from us, kill people and many others to us.

the bad part of all of this is we end up paying for all of it

• MH81, jpackard56, sodisr and 4 others have said thanks

#36 TomLGT195 OFFLINE  

TomLGT195
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 29432
  • 2,798 Thanks
  • 2,197 posts

Posted January 26, 2016 - 04:03 PM

That stinks, sorry for the loss. Hope you can unload the property soon and get that behind you.

#37 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,240 Thanks
  • 5,077 posts

Posted January 26, 2016 - 04:17 PM

years ago my dad worked at the state prison and he told me the there were several prisoner that kept return after a week of being set free.  They told him that it was easier in prison.  They did not have to find a job.  In prison they got free room and board, free clothes, free heath care and free legal advice.  It was the best time of their life.

Here in the USA it looks like prisoner have it better in prison than what we do on the other side.

There is many things wrong about this.

First why do they have more rights than what we do?

They should not have any thing.

they steal from us, kill people and many others to us.

the bad part of all of this is we end up paying for all of it

That's the sad state of affairs in our world today.

My buddy did 6 months in the county jail for his 3rd or 4th dui offense.  Judge really hammered him with max jail time.  I asked him how jail was thinking it would be terrible.  He said it was the easiest 6 months he has had since he left his parents house.  3 meals a day and an evening snack.  All the premium cable channels in the "lounge".  A computer lab with high speed internet, Exercise room, sports area, and he said a private room.  No work, just relaxing.  He was in there a month, he was on good behavior and was given a TV to put in his cell with all the cable channels.  He said he watched hours of movies on HBO and Showtime. 

However on the other hand my cousin is in the Ohio State Penn for aggravated arson for 5 years.  He is not having a good time.  He has been in the hospital more than once for "resisting"  and by resisting I don't mean the guards.....Not going any further on that.  I guess he has had the crap kicked out of him several times.  Skinny white punk in the pen probably doesn't do so well.....

He was on drugs, mainly meth, really messed his life up.  Then one night he got into a fight with a local bar owner, and decided to get his revenge and light the place on fire awhile it was occupied by about 50 people...He was a good kid at one time.  Local basketball star, had a college scholarship.  All down the tubes, started with drinking, then lead to drugs...He is a poster child for how those things can ruin your life, as his is in the toilet now.

Edited by toomanytoys84, January 26, 2016 - 04:21 PM.

• lyall, MFDAC, tiretrx and 3 others have said thanks

#38 LilysDad ONLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,618 Thanks
  • 7,662 posts

Posted January 26, 2016 - 07:47 PM

If you want to fix all of this, do something about the ACLU. They want civil rights for every one.
  • jpackard56 and farmer john have said thanks

#39 Greasy6020 ONLINE  

Greasy6020
  • Member No: 78477
  • 668 Thanks
  • 650 posts

Posted January 26, 2016 - 09:40 PM

Feel bad for you...

I saw a video where a guy hooked up a taser to a bike seat and had it set to go off when he made a phone call to a certain number. Maybe try that... That should fix a few problems...

Edited by Greasy6020, January 26, 2016 - 09:45 PM.

• farmer john, oldedeeres and adamjd200 have said thanks

#40 oldedeeres OFFLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 5,848 Thanks
  • 3,191 posts

Posted January 26, 2016 - 09:43 PM

I class a thief right down there with a rapist or a child molester. Corporal punishment for them all, including the death penalty. My Olde Deere always figured a jail cell should have a high ceiling with a solid hook, a rope with a noose in it and a chair. Want to commit suicide? Have at'er!

#41 skyrydr2 ONLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5032
  • 3,408 Thanks
  • 3,158 posts

Posted January 27, 2016 - 05:54 AM

Jail should not be a country club or a brothel.... It should be PUNISHMENT!! Hard time should be just that!! Sleep on a hard surface, get up early, work them HARD doing jobs that no one else wants to do .. And if they don't do it then beat am, if that doesn't work chain them up stretched out !! They took someone else's liberties or worse... They GET HELL IN RETURN!!
I'm sure this would decrease crime and those in need of help would ask nicely for it!! And be happy with what they received.....
  • oldedeeres and Diesel1050 have said thanks

#42 karl OFFLINE  

karl
  • Member No: 38218
  • 1,034 Thanks
  • 770 posts

Posted January 27, 2016 - 06:51 AM

Most thieve's are addicted and unemployable, thevery is all they know. ALL the empty cottages and campers here in the forest have been ravaged for their copper wire and pipes. I live a mile in the woods off the main road. The drive out looks like a war zone.Its sad, it was once a nice place. I have been spared because I live on a dead end road, only one way in and one way out! I see the lights at the wee hours of the morning all the time. I leave a light on so they know Karl is home,And I have a mean dog to!

• oldedeeres said thank you

#43 oldedeeres OFFLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 5,848 Thanks
  • 3,191 posts

Posted January 27, 2016 - 11:46 AM

Addiction is no excuse in my book. We all have the same decisions to make in life, and addiction is one of them. Self induced,--- don't come to me for sympathy or a pity party. Like you, Karl, I'm on a dead end road and I deal with it in a similar manner. I do have ways of exiting that are unknown to the public, and I can get out if I have to and hike a couple of miles to aid or use the cell phone for "official" backup if needed. So far four legged backup and racking a shell are all that has been necessary. Wonderful neighbours and a mostly decent community are a bonus. If strangers are seen cruising the area the grapevine is in full force and everyone is made aware of make, model and colour, times seen and number of occupants. Vigilante justice is alive and well in the north.

• MH81, KennyP and sodisr have said thanks

#44 adamjd200 ONLINE  

adamjd200
  • Member No: 39654
  • 1,392 Thanks
  • 1,527 posts

Posted January 27, 2016 - 12:36 PM

That's the nice thing about a shotgun, just the sound is a great way of discouraging these people, doesn't matter what language they speak, 12ga is universal.

• RAJ, KennyP and oldedeeres have said thanks

#45 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,605 Thanks
  • 29,834 posts

Posted January 27, 2016 - 07:20 PM

Sorry to hear this Marty.  Thieves are everywhere, and oughta be shot.  That's why the insurance companies strive for high deductibles, so they don't have to pay out.  In a form, another thief.

• oldedeeres said thank you