#16 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,235 Thanks
  • 5,073 posts

Posted January 26, 2016 - 01:08 AM

I've felt your pain...

Last year it was my dirt bike and my wife's purse...

Edited by toomanytoys84, January 26, 2016 - 07:54 AM.

• farmer john, TAHOE and chieffan have said thanks

#17 skyrydr2 ONLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5032
  • 3,407 Thanks
  • 3,157 posts

Posted January 26, 2016 - 05:21 AM

Harbor freight has a nice little flux core mig for $99 on sale, I have the same thing, mine works great! Just make sure you use Lincoln flux core wire in them. It works the best.
Years back I leveled 3 punks trying to steal from me !!! 4-10 shotgun loaded with rocksalt , did a fine job of flattening them!! One ran straight through the blackberry brambles ant the next day i foynd shards or clothing and little strings of his flesh hangingfrom thorns off the the path he mowed down trying to get through. ( insert evil laugh sadistic laugh here) .. My brother also caught some teens-20's? in his shop .... Im not going to say what happened to them... But they didnt leave standing.....
We always have dogs, so they alert us... And for some reason we're never predictable, so dummy's , seemed to get caught...
  • MH81, MFDAC, farmer john and 4 others have said thanks

#18 David Brown OFFLINE  

David Brown

I said I work on them. I never said I fix them!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8570
  • 4,217 Thanks
  • 2,314 posts

Posted January 26, 2016 - 05:24 AM

Wow, i SOOO hope you're no longer with that company.

Would you like to share the company that provided such a unique definition of "Customer Service"?

That was a long time ago and I do not remember the name of the company unfortunately.  You would think that I would never forget but, alas, I do.  We even know who the culprit was but we couldn't prove it.  Live and learn.  No more money in the house and keep everything locked up tight.

#19 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,399 Thanks
  • 39,659 posts

Posted January 26, 2016 - 05:35 AM

Been there! Sorry for your loss. Way too many druggies around now!

#20 shorty ONLINE  

shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6172
  • 3,528 Thanks
  • 3,917 posts

Posted January 26, 2016 - 06:07 AM

Been there! Sorry for your loss. Way too many druggies around now!

I believe you are right in what is causing thefts. They cannot handle a job and it is quick money.

#21 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,447 Thanks
  • 6,611 posts

Posted January 26, 2016 - 06:16 AM

Sorry about those thieves getting your welder , I think there's more going on that never makes the news . I think some towns don't want anybody knowing that sort of stuff is going on there , at least they didn't when our house was robbed a few years ago .

• shorty, farmer john and TAHOE have said thanks

#22 karl OFFLINE  

karl
  • Member No: 38218
  • 1,033 Thanks
  • 770 posts

Posted January 26, 2016 - 06:43 AM

I caught a thief once. I gave him to the law,the law did nothing but let him loose.He wished they didn't.
  • RAJ, Alc, MFDAC and 4 others have said thanks

#23 farmer john OFFLINE  

farmer john
  • Member No: 11605
  • 1,716 Thanks
  • 869 posts

Posted January 26, 2016 - 07:15 AM

I had one basically caught, found my stuff for sale, cops would not even go and investigate, so I told my neighbour who was robbed the same night ( he's a hands on type of guy to put it mildly) a couple of days later most of my stuff was on my porch, I never did ask why, and he never said but i'm sure it wasn't pretty

Edited by farmer john, January 26, 2016 - 07:16 AM.

• RAJ, Alc, wvbuzzmaster and 6 others have said thanks

#24 WNYTractorTinkerer ONLINE  

WNYTractorTinkerer

Tinker Master

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10789
  • 8,305 Thanks
  • 4,658 posts

Posted January 26, 2016 - 08:09 AM

Sorry to hear about your theft don't worry karma will take care of it for you! The universe has a funny way of balancing things out, if you wait and wish them well you will find it can bring you happiness and good fortune. Wow I sound like a fortune cookie. Hope things get better for you!

Yes it does..  A young man blew through a  stop sign and T-boned our niece in 2009.  She was killed instantly as he hit the driver door..  Last month that kid got busted for drugs and is going away for a good long time..  I'll wager a family member will attend his sentencing..   Lock up EVERYTHING is the lesson to be learned here..  Sorry for your loss and get a big dog!

• wvbuzzmaster, MFDAC, farmer john and 5 others have said thanks

#25 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 6,145 Thanks
  • 4,491 posts

Posted January 26, 2016 - 08:26 AM

Insurance companies are using the 9-11 crisis to line their pockets.  Many have gone to a mandatory $1000 deductible for wind and hail damage.  That amounts to about 80% of their claims.  I know I adjusted property claims for 5 years.  Then raise the rates for the lower deductibles.  Nothing more than pocket liners for the company and the manager or CEO.  Nothing we can do about it either if our property is mortgaged, which most of us are in that situation.  Like one of the other post said, get a big dog as most thieves don't want to confront a large dog regardless of how friendly he may be.  I had a Great Pyrenees that weighed close to 90 lbs.  Had people call when in the car in the drive and ask if the dog would bit.  I would tell them only when he is hungry and I haven't fed him yet today.  The big dog may eat a lot but you gain a great companion and help keep your property safe.  Hope you get your welder back.

• Alc, MFDAC, farmer john and 3 others have said thanks

#26 TAHOE OFFLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,480 Thanks
  • 4,937 posts

Posted January 26, 2016 - 08:36 AM

Little more of back story, I noticed oh about Jan 8th or 9th when I was over there, things didn't look right.

My son was leaving the back sliding door open so he could easily come in/out to get water for the rabbits. I went to do laundry over there ( still waiting to get new well dug at new house) and my almost new bottle of laundry detergent was missing.....What the...??? I asked the family, none of them had been over there doing laundry. I went ahead and got detergent, did laundry and was working over there waiting for wash to finish. While working in the kitchen, I noticed the lazy susan was open and a bottle of old cooking oil sitting on the stove, okay, weird. Also noticed bathroom sink cabinet open. I also have my old truck sitting in the drive, no door locks so I had some brand new ignition parts lying inside the house near front door. As I go to leave I noticed my box of Taylor performance wires are missing....are you kidding me?  So I knew someone had been in the house, detergent gone, cabinets ransacked, and plug wires missing.

Who steals a bottle of detergent and plug wires? I had other tools inside house along with garage access.

Told my son, house gets locked up tight now.

So fast forward to last night. I needed something out of garage, just happened to be by outside door, grab handle out of habit cause we used to never lock it.....and it was unlocked. How the ....??? Then I noticed welder gone. :wallbanging:  :mad2:  :mad2: :mad2:  :mad2:    I am not sure how long it has been missing, I did use it at new years, but could have been stolen with the other stuff. I dunno.  Not sure how they got it, maybe it was gone from the first time, but I don't think so. We did have some hi9dden door keys inside a dog house sitting there, maybe they knew they were there, not after last night.

My wife works for a local court, she said there is a drug that people are making that uses laundry detergent, that may explain that.

I personally think it's a "buddy" of my son's who I don't trust as far as I can throw him. He comes form a broken home, poor, drives without a license, in trouble, etc and I know they have an older pickup so that may explain the plug wires. He also would want the welder too. Can't prove it, but he knows we do not live there and he even shows up at our house un-announced and will walk right in the house.

I am looking into trail cams or a surveillance system. My sister in law is also looking for a temporary place to stay for a few months so we may let her move in and my brother in law is interested in buying the place on land contract. I am unsure about that one, I've dealt with family before, it rarely turns out good. :(

My plug wires cost $60 new and my welder was a HF/Chicago Tool HB151. I only paid $150, but I know I won't get that deal again so even if going with the current HF 171 model, it will be at least 200-250, sure would like to upgrade to a better brand. I was so mad last night, didn't even see if they took my auto dimming helmet. They did take all my vise grips, wire brush and other hand tools I had lying on the welder.

• RAJ, MH81, MFDAC and 3 others have said thanks

#27 tiretrx ONLINE  

tiretrx

Village Idiot

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8012
  • 908 Thanks
  • 659 posts

Posted January 26, 2016 - 08:52 AM

Very sorry to hear of the loss of your property. I've had stuff stolen, tools mostly. Just a terrible feeling.

• RAJ, farmer john and TAHOE have said thanks

#28 farmer john OFFLINE  

farmer john
  • Member No: 11605
  • 1,716 Thanks
  • 869 posts

Posted January 26, 2016 - 09:05 AM

I am not going to get any politically correct points here but who says we need to have north American correctness? we all know that 90 % of the crime is drug related, lots of other countries are politically correct in their sense, their cure is to insert a small bit of lead between the druggies ears, they are afraid to go to jail, not like here, hard time is exactly that hard time, I remember a texas county where the sherrif put up military tents to house his prisoners and got sued for unusual punishment, when does it become politically correct to want to be safe and secure, you shouldn't have to lock up stuff,keep a big dog, have a gun on your night table, people should not be taking things that don't belong to them, and if they do chop off a few hands and you will see how fast the crime rate drops, in England they had trouble with razor slashings, a bold judge posted in the paper he would start doubling the sentences people were given first 3 months then 6 months then 1 year, 2years ect the razors disappeared after he sentenced a someone to 30 years, the time has come to impose harsh sentences, not legalize it. lets deal with it so our kids don't have to

Edited by farmer john, January 26, 2016 - 09:07 AM.

• MH81, skyrydr2, MFDAC and 4 others have said thanks

#29 TAHOE OFFLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,480 Thanks
  • 4,937 posts

Posted January 26, 2016 - 09:36 AM

Guess I will have to pull my old 1960's Craftsman arc welder out and use it, thing weighs a ton and can weld up to 3/8" I think

• wvbuzzmaster and farmer john have said thanks

#30 skyrydr2 ONLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5032
  • 3,407 Thanks
  • 3,157 posts

Posted January 26, 2016 - 09:44 AM

Amen to that!! Drug related crimes...... Rehabilitation first try, second time let them OD! If personal harm during a robbery... They get publicly beaten !! To broken bones!! Third time... Public hanging !! Enough is enough..
  • jpackard56, farmer john and oldedeeres have said thanks