• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 BiGDaWgZ OFFLINE  

BiGDaWgZ
  • Member No: 80096
  • 27 Thanks
  • 20 posts

Posted January 25, 2016 - 01:05 PM

We just acquired a 1997 or 1998 Snapper/Power King MGT2200H and we're looking for parts to install a 3pt hitch on it.

We currently already have the 46" shafts driven snow blower and a 60" mowing deck.

Also looking for other attachments to fit this series of tractors and pissibly a few other parts like the plastic dash (ours is cracked) and the drink holder insert on the left fender.

We're located in east central Indiana (Richmond).

Contact me by email at big-dawgz☆at☆Comcast.Net

Or feel free to call or text me at ◇765~967~4008◇

Edited by BiGDaWgZ, January 25, 2016 - 01:35 PM.

#2 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,647 Thanks
  • 6,460 posts

Posted January 25, 2016 - 05:26 PM

Welcome to the forum. First, these are rarer breed of tractors, not many around. I now have three of them, only one is really a running tractor. I see you are in IN like me. I'm betting your tractor came from that outfit in Valpraiso or close that is on highway 30. Forget name, but looked at those when they were new there.  Forget Snapper dealers, most don't even know of this late deal with PK.  All the plastics on these are very brittle and break easy, even just handliing them rough. All my hood sides and hoods are broken or Missing on my tractors. Mission Manufacturing in S. Indiana is the name holder and source for parts, yet they don't have lots for late models. They had hood sides only, but for $500 ish price and limited on stock of those. No hoods.  I never asked on dash. Many other small items they have. Mine has a quick-tach system and I use snow brush on front with that. Also fits the front blade.  I swapped my 60" deck for a 48" and had to modify Mule drive to fit. Your mule drive is diff than all other tractors in line, so don't let that go away.  I have hitch parts now, but not wanting to sell them, as will be working on another tractor and probly need those parts on it.  These are a little diff 3pt than older models, so get the right one. I'm thinking 85 and up is same hardware, but the bushings on outer ends of rockshaft are bigger on later models like yours and have to get right size. Mission has those. The main lift arms also are dog-legged out some, the early metal tractors are straight. I've had both on mine tho when I couldn't find the right type. I think ebay is best place to find older PK parts and they sometimes have the newer versions of items there. I've just learned about a place in Bluffton, downtown? that has junk tractors and have seen a picture of late model plastic there, not sure if it has the hitch or not.  Would have to find the link to it, if interested. I've not gone over yet to find it.

We need pictures of your rig, few shots and see what you have. I'm assuming you have Hydro with H in model. Is it the fender lever or foot controlled?  I have one of each now, just picked up the foot control and dual hydraulic one to fix up. I will probly be making a hood section in future, not sure what I'm gonna do there yet. Go to the Portland,IN spring swap in May, the show in August and the fall swap in Oct to look for parts also, have seen some there. Join tractor groups, just llike you did here to ask around.  Check ebay, lots there. Search with Economy Power King search and gets you much.

• Genem and BiGDaWgZ have said thanks

#3 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,647 Thanks
  • 6,460 posts

Posted January 25, 2016 - 05:28 PM

Have you looked at our Power King forum here yet? Lots of info and pictures on there, mine included.

• Genem and BiGDaWgZ have said thanks

#4 BiGDaWgZ OFFLINE  

BiGDaWgZ
  • Member No: 80096
  • 27 Thanks
  • 20 posts

Posted January 26, 2016 - 10:40 PM

Thanks for the replies. Mine is in decent shape the hood and sides are pretty good. ..dash is cracked on far left side.

It's a hydro...lever on right fender. ..has a good 60"deck and a nice snow blower out front.

Just ordered a nos 3pt Kit from Mission tonight.

I feel that a 3pt is a necessity for what we want to do with it.

I also really would like to find a loader for it...eventually.

I'll try to get some pics tomorrow.

I got original sales receipt and quite a bit of original flyers and booklets with it when I bought it. .too.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wanted