"29 Chev recently posted how he did the recovering of another members seat. As interesting as I found it to be, the wife followed his progress and has become inspired to recover a few of our projects. She is a seamstress and an avid quilter. Years ago she took an upholstery class but never did anything. ( She was supposed to recover the bucket seats in my 48 Chevy )"
Thought I would post a few pictures of what I am working on right at the moment as it may inspire someone to tackle more than just a lawn tractor seat. This is a front bucket seat out of a 65 Buick that a chap inquired if I would be interested in trying to reupholster it - I said I would give it a try as long as he wasn't in a hurry and see how it turned out and if it looks ok I am supposed to do the other one for him and then make a cover to match the pattern for the rear seat of his 55 Chev. So far I have made the lower cover, replaced the foam, replaced some rusty spring clips and attached the new foam and cover - I think it has turned out not to bad and he had a look at my progress today and seemed happy with it. I told him I made a little oops and used black thread instead of the original white thread - his response was he liked the black thread better. I still have to sew up the rear cover yet but it is a project I can work away at when I get time. Hope you don't mind me sharing the pictures.
Edited by 29 Chev, January 28, 2016 - 08:06 PM.