• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 gary spray OFFLINE  

gary spray
  • Member No: 80023
  • 3 Thanks
  • 6 posts

Posted January 24, 2016 - 11:27 AM

JUST PICKED UP THIS 17H THE  GUY GAVE IT TO ME FOR JUNK. REBULT THE CARB AND IT RUNS GOOD EVERY THING ON IT WORKS BUT THERE IS NO 3 POINT PARTS ON THE BACK HE USED IT TO CUT THE GRASS ONLEY HAS 350 HRS. ON IT. I WOULD LIKE TO USE IT FOR THE GARDEN BUT CAN NOT FIND ANYTHING ON HOW TO BULD THE 3 POINT HITCH LIFT SYSTEM. ANY HELP WOULD BE GRATE ALL I NEED IS A GOOD PIC OF ONE AT THE RIGHT ANGLE. THANKS. I DO LIKE THIS SITE JUST FOUND IT LOOKING FOR HELP ON THIS NEW TOY OF MINE AND WILL BE ON HERE MORE EVERY WEEKEND. 

Attached Thumbnails

• FORD TRACTOR.jpg

• Traill95 and boyscout862 have said thanks

#2 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,804 Thanks
  • 7,546 posts

Posted January 24, 2016 - 11:51 AM

Welcome to GTT. Try our Manuals Section for the info you want. I'll look too. Nice tractor! Good Luck, Rick

This is the service manual:   http://gardentractor...service-manual/

This is an attachments manual:  http://gardentractor...raining-manual/

Edited by boyscout862, January 24, 2016 - 12:09 PM.

#3 fordtractormanlgt165 OFFLINE  

fordtractormanlgt165
  • Member No: 79481
  • 9 Thanks
  • 4 posts

Posted January 24, 2016 - 12:17 PM

I had the same problem with my ford lgt 165 . U can't find hitches anywhere so u will have to fab. One . I have searched for years to find help with mine and I finially did a couple months ago. Norman at isavetractors.com tore apart his tractor just to send me extremely detailed pics of the three point hitch. Contact him he is extremely helpful and he also sales engine parts and more for these ford tractors. Hope I helped.
  • boyscout862 said thank you

#4 gary spray OFFLINE  

gary spray
  • 3 Thanks
  • 6 posts

Posted January 24, 2016 - 12:23 PM

thanks I have that one and it is good for the tractor and I have one for the motor from kohler kt 17 but they do not show anything on the 3 point hitch system parts.

#5 gary spray OFFLINE  

gary spray
  • 3 Thanks
  • 6 posts

Posted January 24, 2016 - 12:33 PM

I had the same problem with my ford lgt 165 . U can't find hitches anywhere so u will have to fab. One . I have searched for years to find help with mine and I finially did a couple months ago. Norman at isavetractors.com tore apart his tractor just to send me extremely detailed pics of the three point hitch. Contact him he is extremely helpful and he also sales engine parts and more for these ford tractors. Hope I helped.

thanks will try that I know I would have to build it just need the base line to go on like the mane lift rod link.

#6 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,518 Thanks
  • 39,736 posts

Posted January 24, 2016 - 03:37 PM

It's hard to find anything on these tractors. I checked NH and the pic for the 3-point is missing. It's like they are hiding the info!

#7 gary spray OFFLINE  

gary spray
  • 3 Thanks
  • 6 posts

Posted January 24, 2016 - 05:26 PM

It's hard to find anything on these tractors. I checked NH and the pic for the 3-point is missing. It's like they are hiding the info!

good to know I am not the only one missing it. I can not even find a pic on any web sight that shows a good look at it. thanks 

#8 gary spray OFFLINE  

gary spray
  • 3 Thanks
  • 6 posts

Posted January 24, 2016 - 06:09 PM

found a pic I can build from now I can get back to the shop will keep you good people posted as I go. robert281979 posted it on you tube if any one would like to see it. https://youtu.be/-uPAOKJiKKo

• KennyP said thank you

#9 skyrydr2 OFFLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5032
  • 3,418 Thanks
  • 3,165 posts

Posted January 25, 2016 - 08:02 AM

That tractor needs the frame braced for 3 point hitch. They break where the trans-axle front mounting bolts attach. They will also wallow out the bolt holes holding the rear trans-axle mounts to the frame just behind the front mounting bolts. A sleeve hitch keeps the stress off the frame because the lift is cushioned by the hydraulic cylinder.
  • KennyP, boyscout862 and gary spray have said thanks