29 replies to this topic

#1 hammerdwn20 OFFLINE  

hammerdwn20

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2133
  • 98 Thanks
  • 274 posts

Posted January 22, 2016 - 05:43 PM

So this cozy cab i have came on my 1250 when i bought it and it seemed to work fine but it wasnt mounted correctly. One of its previous owners just bolted it through its tube frame into the fenders.

I figured i'd put it on the ht20 since that is my  snowblower tractor at the moment and  i was going to make new mounts for it. Im wondering if its for a tube frame possibly because its wedged tight on the travel pedal and the dead pedal on the opposite side.  Ive got 28" between the metal tube frame and i need more like 30".  on either side of the seat it looks like it has these bump outs that would tuck into a smaller set of fenders.

Can anyone take a measurement between the square tube frame rails on their cab for me or enlighten me on where the cab needs to be positioned for it to work.

• 637Yeoman said thank you

#2 blackjackjakexxix ONLINE  

blackjackjakexxix

Blackjackjakexxix

• Sponsor
  • Member No: 2194
  • 2,342 Thanks
  • 1,750 posts

Posted January 22, 2016 - 07:43 PM

Just went through this,I bought a metal snow cab from a 1250,I couldn't make it fit on my HT-20,hit the muffler and wouldn't clear the dipstick on the other side,the guy who bought it off me ended up having to fab it to fit,he did a real nice job and looks factory

#3 hammerdwn20 OFFLINE  

hammerdwn20

Tractorholic

• 98 Thanks
  • 274 posts

Posted January 22, 2016 - 08:10 PM

I'm thinking it's for a tube frame. It has 2 pin door hinges and from what I've seen the large frame ones had 3.

#4 hammerdwn20 OFFLINE  

hammerdwn20

Tractorholic

• 98 Thanks
  • 274 posts

Posted January 22, 2016 - 08:11 PM

Just went through this,I bought a metal snow cab from a 1250,I couldn't make it fit on my HT-20,hit the muffler and wouldn't clear the dipstick on the other side,the guy who bought it off me ended up having to fab it to fit,he did a real nice job and looks factory

Can you share how he modified it?

#5 blackjackjakexxix ONLINE  

blackjackjakexxix

Blackjackjakexxix

• Sponsor
  • 2,342 Thanks
  • 1,750 posts

Posted January 22, 2016 - 08:28 PM

He had to cut and refab it around the muffler,same around the oil dip stick area,if I can figure out how to post the pics he sent me I will be glad to do it,my new laptop is Windows 10,I like it but still learning how to do stuff,sure a lot better than Windows 8,which was a real pain to work with

Edited by blackjackjakexxix, January 22, 2016 - 08:32 PM.

#6 AA Hayes OFFLINE  

AA Hayes
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 67383
  • 324 Thanks
  • 274 posts

Posted January 22, 2016 - 08:29 PM

I'm thinking it's for a tube frame. It has 2 pin door hinges and from what I've seen the large frame ones had 3.

My cozy cab for my ht20 is the two pin door. it is tight o the peddles but does clear the, by less than an inch.

#7 AA Hayes OFFLINE  

AA Hayes
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 324 Thanks
  • 274 posts

Posted January 22, 2016 - 08:36 PM

image.jpeg

I can take some better pictures in the daylight if needed.
Inside to inside on square tubing is 30"

Edited by AA Hayes, January 22, 2016 - 08:40 PM.

• hammerdwn20 said thank you

#8 hammerdwn20 OFFLINE  

hammerdwn20

Tractorholic

• 98 Thanks
  • 274 posts

Posted January 22, 2016 - 08:39 PM

My cozy cab for my ht20 is the two pin door. it is tight o the peddles but does clear the, by less than an inch.

Could you take a few pictures and measurements when you get a chance? My travel pedal binds on the square tube and the sheathing for the outside of the cab. I measured it in a few spots and it doesn't appear to be pinched in

#9 AA Hayes OFFLINE  

AA Hayes
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 324 Thanks
  • 274 posts

Posted January 22, 2016 - 08:41 PM

32" outside of cab.
  • hammerdwn20 said thank you

#10 hammerdwn20 OFFLINE  

hammerdwn20

Tractorholic

• 98 Thanks
  • 274 posts

Posted January 22, 2016 - 08:47 PM

yup im 28" inside and 30" outside. i guess that would explain why its not working for me. the lower legs do have some rot in them so now the question becomes do i make it work for me by making it wider or do i pass it along and build my own cab

#11 AA Hayes OFFLINE  

AA Hayes
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 324 Thanks
  • 274 posts

Posted January 22, 2016 - 08:56 PM

I would looking it like this.
A) Which is going to take more time.
B) which will you be happiest with.
C) which is most cost affective.
D) when do you want it ready for.

I live in a cold area where we get heavy snow falls on a regular basis, and several times a week I am blower snow at night after work and dinner when my son has gone to bed. Without my cozy cab it would be miserable. So if I were in your shoes I would go for a quick fitment job to get it on for the year and spend some time building a custom one or in the summer fit this one how you would be happy with it.
If you would like I can get some good pictures tomorrow and if you need measurements I am happy to provide them.

Edited by AA Hayes, January 22, 2016 - 08:57 PM.

• Paulgo said thank you

#12 blackjackjakexxix ONLINE  

blackjackjakexxix

Blackjackjakexxix

• Sponsor
  • 2,342 Thanks
  • 1,750 posts

Posted January 22, 2016 - 09:05 PM

Here's some pics

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG0185A.jpg
  • IMG0186A.jpg
  • IMG0187A.jpg

• hammerdwn20 and Austen have said thanks

#13 hammerdwn20 OFFLINE  

hammerdwn20

Tractorholic

• 98 Thanks
  • 274 posts

Posted January 22, 2016 - 09:17 PM

Like you Aaron im always stuck clearing my snow after work in the dark. I put two 555lb weights from my track loader in the bed of my truck so I can Get up the driveway when i get home. I live off a main 2 lane highway and the plows really load up my entrance. I get called into work for every snowstorm so the last thing i want to do is get blasted with snow doing my own driveway. I did alright last year and the blower does make quick work of it.  

Ill have to check the cab out a little more over this weekend and see if i can just enlarge the foot pedal area for now. I had already ordered new weather stripping for it this week too.

#14 LPBolens OFFLINE  

LPBolens

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 874
  • 1,176 Thanks
  • 882 posts

Posted January 23, 2016 - 12:01 AM

Note that Cozy Cab used different bolt on sheet metal pieces around the front of the cab to fit different tractor configurations. If you unbolt some of that it might give you the clearances you need and then you could fab other pieces to fill in the gaps.
  • Paulgo said thank you

#15 hammerdwn20 OFFLINE  

hammerdwn20

Tractorholic

• 98 Thanks
  • 274 posts

Posted January 23, 2016 - 02:49 AM

Note that Cozy Cab used different bolt on sheet metal pieces around the front of the cab to fit different tractor configurations. If you unbolt some of that it might give you the clearances you need and then you could fab other pieces to fill in the gaps.

All of mine is welded on.