It's been awhile since I posted anything on this locomotive ... I've only been able to get a little time here and there to work on it.
I cut pieces of Plastruct tubing and started gluing them together to make the steam line for the front cylinders.
The steam line is all glued together.
The steam line is mounted to the top of the front cylinders with two small hex head screws.
The steam line comes out from under the boiler to the front cylinders.
Starting to make the footplate that sits across the front of the smoke box and is mounted on the front of the chassis for the front set of drive wheels.
This is a view of the underside of front footplate.
This is the top view of the footplate with diamond tread on the cross piece.
This is how it looks when mounted to the front chassis.
I looked thru my brass parts and couldn't find a set of front steps for a locomotive so I'm going to build a set.
I took a short section of "O-gauge" house steeps and cut them in half.
Then I cut two pieces of styrene "U" channel to use for the inside edge of the steps.
Here is how the pieces look glued together.
And how they look glued to the front of the footplate.
The support bars and cross bracing are added to the steps.
Then I formed the hand railing and mounted the headlight.
The front footplate is then mounted on the chassis.
How it looks with the front chassis setting in place under the boiler.
Edited by jdcrawler, September 06, 2016 - 08:41 AM.