- - - - -

Gardening Maagazines and or Favorite Books

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted April 25, 2011 - 06:01 PM

FireFighterEMT mentiond Mother Earth News and I got me to thinking.
While I don;t subscribe to any gardening Magazines, I find myself in the News Stand section of the Grocery whenever I go to the store for or with my wife.
The Magazine that has followed me home for the past 3 months is Hobby Farms.
And I have been tempted to check out Mother Earth News and see if it is what I remember from yrs ago.
Maybe we could get this to become a rolling library that the mods could sticky so we have it for reference?

#2 daytime dave OFFLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,441 Thanks
  • 6,332 posts

Posted April 25, 2011 - 06:12 PM

I subscribe to Mother Earth News. It is not the same as I remembered, but I like it. My favorite magazine at the moment is Backwoods Home. It is a very nice magazine which contains many self reliance articles. It has a broad spectrum of material that interests me.

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,248 Thanks
  • 15,613 posts

Posted April 25, 2011 - 07:32 PM

The only thing that I am subscribed to is LAGC. My wife's mom get's her a subscription to better homes and gardens every xmas.

#4 james2024 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 2958
  • 0 Thanks
  • 1 posts

Posted April 26, 2011 - 04:07 AM

Gardening is the practice of growing plants. Ornamental plants are normally grown for their flowers, leaves, general appearance, or for their dyes. Useful plants grown for human consumption (vegetables, fruits, herbs and leafy vegetables) or medical purposes. A gardener is a person who practices gardening.