#18 wilberj ONLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,211 Thanks
  • 5,217 posts

Posted January 24, 2016 - 10:05 PM

Nice tractor, does it have a modal and serial number?

#19 andyrocky1 OFFLINE  

andyrocky1
  • Member No: 78183
  • 15 Thanks
  • 13 posts

Posted January 28, 2016 - 06:38 AM

wilberj:

It is a 1456. The model number is a little tough to read but it looks like it starts with a "2".

#20 andyrocky1 OFFLINE  

andyrocky1
  • 15 Thanks
  • 13 posts

Posted February 19, 2016 - 07:04 AM

I believe the serial number is 202959. An issue I am trying to fix is the snowblower chute crank rod. It does not appear to be the proper one. The snow blower is 18538-3. The original muffler was replaced with a  round one. The original muffler support is there. Someone put a hole in it and ran the chute control rod through it because there is no crank support. It is at a strange angle and difficult to reach as it turns because it has some bends in it. It also hits the corner of the hood due to the bends. I purchased what I think is the correct crank but without the support it will not clear the muffler. I will post photos this weekend and then await suggestions.

• wilberj said thank you

#21 andyrocky1 OFFLINE  

andyrocky1
  • 15 Thanks
  • 13 posts

Posted February 19, 2016 - 07:06 AM

I can use it as it is but it is tough to move the chute to some angles and I want it so it does not hit the hood. I would like to repaint the hood.

• blackjackjakexxix said thank you

#22 blackjackjakexxix ONLINE  

blackjackjakexxix

Blackjackjakexxix

• Sponsor
  • Member No: 2194
  • 2,356 Thanks
  • 1,763 posts

Posted February 19, 2016 - 09:55 AM

I sent you a pm, I have the correct support you need for the crank rod

• Sawdust and andyrocky1 have said thanks

#23 wilberj ONLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,211 Thanks
  • 5,217 posts

Posted February 19, 2016 - 05:27 PM

I believe the serial number is 202959. An issue I am trying to fix is the snowblower chute crank rod. It does not appear to be the proper one. The snow blower is 18538-3. The original muffler was replaced with a  round one. The original muffler support is there. Someone put a hole in it and ran the chute control rod through it because there is no crank support. It is at a strange angle and difficult to reach as it turns because it has some bends in it. It also hits the corner of the hood due to the bends. I purchased what I think is the correct crank but without the support it will not clear the muffler. I will post photos this weekend and then await suggestions.

That would make your tractor the 2,859 1456-02 built. 

• andyrocky1 said thank you

#24 OldBuzzard ONLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,482 Thanks
  • 4,634 posts

Posted February 19, 2016 - 10:27 PM

Here are a couple of pics that shows the proper support for the snowcaster crank:

100_3866.jpg 100_4080.JPG

Edited by OldBuzzard, February 19, 2016 - 10:32 PM.

• LPBolens, blackjackjakexxix, sodisr and 2 others have said thanks

#25 andyrocky1 OFFLINE  

andyrocky1
  • 15 Thanks
  • 13 posts

Posted February 20, 2016 - 12:57 AM

The second one with the hydro shows it. Thanks to everyone for their help. 

• blackjackjakexxix said thank you

#26 OldBuzzard ONLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,482 Thanks
  • 4,634 posts

Posted February 20, 2016 - 02:24 AM

That is actually the same support on both tractors.

It just mounts differently on the gear drive vs. the hydro drive tractors.

• blackjackjakexxix, Sawdust and andyrocky1 have said thanks

#27 sodisr OFFLINE  

sodisr
  • Member No: 9153
  • 651 Thanks
  • 762 posts

Posted February 21, 2016 - 10:48 AM

Thanks   O.B.  I was going to post a pic also...You beat me to it.

#28 andyrocky1 OFFLINE  

andyrocky1
  • 15 Thanks
  • 13 posts

Posted June 18, 2016 - 09:38 AM

An update. I have not posted for a while but have been reading. The big news is that I replaced the carburetor. I know it is not really a big deal but indulge me while I explain. When I bought it came with two carbs. The one not on it was "the wrong model" according to the previous owner and there was an impulse pump in the box with it. Both the carb on the engine and the pump were a mustard brown/yellow that I suspect was from a Sears tractor.

If things worked fine who cares, I would have let it go. The problem was it was difficult to start. It flooded and starting involved fiddling with the throttle and choke and sometimes waiting to try again. I did the obvious things like put a new spark plug and fuel filter in but it was fuel dripping where it shouldn't that said it was an issue with the carb. 

Researching here and other internet sites, I figured the issue was two fold. There was no pump so it was gravity to the carb. It was also clear the carb needed work. One of the threads for attaching the air filter housing was broken and would not hold a screw. So there was an open place to the rear of the filter. Which meant to me that rebuilding was not really a good idea. The carb that was not on the engine was broken. Looking at the cast numbers it was the correct original carb but the broken casting meant one of the adjustment screws was not going to work.  

So fix number 1 was to rebuild the impulse pump. Then number two and more difficult and expensive was getting a "new" to me carb. To cut to the point I researched the heck out of it and figured out that the replacement part number for the carb is Tecumseh 632190C for the OH-140. I found I could get a brand new one for around $150. With a slight modification to the air filter housing, fuel pump and a longer fuel line (the inlet is on the other side), it starts like a champ. Almost instantly.

Next issue to tackle when I get a chance is charging. 

• Sawdust said thank you

#29 Sawdust OFFLINE  

Sawdust
  • Member No: 36549
  • 4,523 Thanks
  • 2,831 posts

Posted June 18, 2016 - 01:51 PM

My H16 is one of the most finicky gt's when it comes to carb adjust. I can't have a good smooth run on both ends. If I get it to idle good it misses at high rpm's & if I get a good high rpm it misses at idle. So I'm happy with the good high rpm's so if you can't get both don't feel bad. Good to hear your back.

#30 andyrocky1 OFFLINE  

andyrocky1
  • 15 Thanks
  • 13 posts

Posted June 19, 2016 - 08:28 AM

The part number listed is for the Tecumseh is a Walbro WHG-25. Which, as I understand it, is unlike the WHG-26 (the other carb for the OH-140), it only has an idle mixture adjustment. So it gave me one less adjustment to fiddle with, which would be a problem with me because I would change it and with my luck would not work out too well. In other words, I would probably be in the same boat you are in. Not saying that is what you did, just how I am.

Edited by andyrocky1, June 19, 2016 - 08:29 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: h14, stator