• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 chrispg OFFLINE  

chrispg
  • Member No: 78828
  • 129 Thanks
  • 78 posts

Posted January 19, 2016 - 10:00 PM

I need to order "V" belts for my tractor and attachments. Does anyone know the correct top widths and heights for the belts for;

- Simplicity Model "D" Transmission 40" 1.4HP Belt

- 24" Mower Belts (27" Real Drive, 31" 1.5HP Power Belt)

- 30" Sickle Bar 33" Power belt

Thanks for the help!

#2 Lauber1 ONLINE  

Lauber1

DB restorer

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4926
  • 3,456 Thanks
  • 2,801 posts

Posted January 19, 2016 - 10:16 PM

these things are old school and what  you really need to know is whether your pulley is 1/2" or 5/8". !/2 is an A belt, 5/8" is a B belts. normally I just ask the parts guy for a 1/2 x 40 or 5/8 x 40 belt. I going to guess you need B or 5/8 belts for the tractor drive and A or 1/2 for the attachments.

• Alc and chrispg have said thanks

#3 chrispg OFFLINE  

chrispg
  • 129 Thanks
  • 78 posts

Posted January 19, 2016 - 10:27 PM

these things are old school and what  you really need to know is whether your pulley is 1/2" or 5/8". !/2 is an A belt, 5/8" is a B belts. normally I just ask the parts guy for a 1/2 x 40 or 5/8 x 40 belt. I going to guess you need B or 5/8 belts for the tractor drive and A or 1/2 for the attachments.

Thanks Lauber. I love to learn about all of this stuff!

Do you know if the measurements in the "Owners Manual and Parts List" are the outside diameter of the belt? I would assume so but assumptions have hurt in the past!

Edited by chrispg, January 19, 2016 - 10:28 PM.

• Lauber1 said thank you

#4 Lauber1 ONLINE  

Lauber1

DB restorer

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4926
  • 3,456 Thanks
  • 2,801 posts

Posted January 19, 2016 - 10:44 PM

when they measurement a belt at the store they put it an a thing that resembles a set of pulleys, so I would say they measure the inside of it. I ussally take an old junk belt, cut it, then wrap it over the pulley set, then mark it at the over lap. measuring this will give you pretty close to the correct size. I would get one that size and one smaller and one bigger sized, you can always take back the wrong ones and get your money back. you wont have to run back and forth to the store if you do it this way.

• boyscout862 and chrispg have said thanks

#5 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,692 Thanks
  • 17,206 posts

Posted January 20, 2016 - 08:22 AM

Do you have the original part numbers?

If those are the lengths you need in the first post get me a picture and measurement across your pulleys and I'll set you up with the correct belts the first time

• Lauber1 said thank you

#6 chrispg OFFLINE  

chrispg
  • 129 Thanks
  • 78 posts

Posted January 22, 2016 - 07:51 PM

Do you have the original part numbers?

If those are the lengths you need in the first post get me a picture and measurement across your pulleys and I'll set you up with the correct belts the first time

Thanks much for the offer, just saw this post and already ordered up some belts, we'll see how I make out!

Let me get myself squared away with the build a bit more and when I get there I'll reach out. Very kind of you to help out!

• Lauber1 said thank you