I finally got some time to work on the tractor tonight. I installed the new front pto clutch disc and installed it on the motor. I was able to get the motor from the 122 installed in the 149. I also ran the hydraulic hoses for the fel. I still need to retain all of the hoses but I will do that once I know everything is working without any leaks.
I was anxious to see how much room I had between my new driveshaft modification and the hoses from the auxiliary fel pump. I had to get a longer belt so that the pump hoses were at a higher angle to avoid the driveshaft. This gave me about 3/4 in. space between the new hoses and the driveshaft.
The new driveshaft was easy to move out of the way to put the drive belt on. All I had to do is remove the allen head bolt/pin on each end. It took about 30 seconds. That beats the heck out of trying to pound out a roll pin.
I'm waiting for the carb intake gasket to arrive before I can start the engine. I may try to make a temporary gasket just to see if everything works.