6 replies to this topic

#1 Tractormanb OFFLINE  

Tractormanb
  • Member No: 79813
  • 0 Thanks
  • 1 posts

Posted January 17, 2016 - 11:02 AM

Hi everyone,
I am new to the site, just bought a 79 pk2418. I absolutely love this tractor.. However the previous owner hacked up the hydraulic system and welded new brackets everywhere, control valve is in the wrong spot as well as cylinder for 3pt and plow. I can't find any pictures of how it is supposed to be. Any help is greatly appreciated

#2 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,465 Thanks
  • 39,697 posts

Posted January 17, 2016 - 11:08 AM

:wave: Welcome to the forum! Give the PK folks a while to see this. Some pics of what your tractor looks like now may help them sort it out.

• boyscout862 said thank you

#3 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 6,159 Thanks
  • 4,505 posts

Posted January 17, 2016 - 11:31 AM

Welcome to the site.  Great bunch of people here ready to help you out.  You might check the MANUALS section for a manual for your tractor that might help.  Good luck with your project.

#4 MNGB OFFLINE  

MNGB
  • Member No: 62466
  • 1,009 Thanks
  • 835 posts

Posted January 17, 2016 - 12:17 PM

Hi Tractormanb, welcome to the site and the Power King group, post some pictures of your tractor and the hydraulics in question that way we can see what changes were made.

#5 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,661 Thanks
  • 6,475 posts

Posted January 17, 2016 - 01:08 PM

First, this is I believe first year for the under back axle position of the cylinder. NOT on the right side of frame like older ones. You have that?  Cylinder goes back to a tab on the 3pt rockshaft, much smaller than the other kind and a link from that goes forward to the middle rockshaft for mower and blade lifting. Valve should still be under seat angled out to right, small tank near it. Pictures needed.  There is a hydraulic routing of system diagram somewhere, I have to look for it on my stuff. Tractor is updated from older ones. You should have the pull up park brake cable in center console?  Many times they don't work or are removed by former owners. Yep, need some pictures to see what ya got.

• boyscout862 and MNGB have said thanks

#6 David Brown OFFLINE  

David Brown

I said I work on them. I never said I fix them!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8570
  • 4,219 Thanks
  • 2,316 posts

Posted January 17, 2016 - 02:06 PM

First, this is I believe first year for the under back axle position of the cylinder. NOT on the right side of frame like older ones. You have that?  Cylinder goes back to a tab on the 3pt rockshaft, much smaller than the other kind and a link from that goes forward to the middle rockshaft for mower and blade lifting. Valve should still be under seat angled out to right, small tank near it. Pictures needed.  There is a hydraulic routing of system diagram somewhere, I have to look for it on my stuff. Tractor is updated from older ones. You should have the pull up park brake cable in center console?  Many times they don't work or are removed by former owners. Yep, need some pictures to see what ya got.

No, the hydraulics were still on the side for 79.  Attached is a picture I found.  It's not my tractor but it will give you an idea of what they should look like.  I believe it was 1980 or 81 that the underneath hydraulics came out.  To be safe, post your serial number (on the dash or between the headlights) so we can be sure it's a 79 before we take this too far.  Welcome aboard.

1979 PK hydraulics.jpg

Edited by David Brown, January 17, 2016 - 02:07 PM.

• Alc, jms180, case442 and 1 other said thanks

#7 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,661 Thanks
  • 6,475 posts

Posted January 17, 2016 - 02:14 PM

OK, guess mine was 80, might be correct. I scanned one system hose lay-out. Have another that has diff pump mount, not sure when they changed. This is the later one like I have had.

Attached Thumbnails

• Scan0004.jpg

• Alc said thank you