#16 Cvans OFFLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,483 Thanks
  • 5,013 posts

Posted February 15, 2016 - 11:03 AM

Thankfully, unlike our Cornish Rex we had, he is relatively quite. The Cornish meowed all the time at like 90 decibals

I don't think I could deal with that.  :(

#17 TAHOE OFFLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,482 Thanks
  • 4,941 posts

Posted February 15, 2016 - 12:09 PM

I don't think I could deal with that.  :(

You get use to it, but Cornish Rex are very vocal and loud, we could hear him from anywhere in the house.

We would have probably gotten another, but they are hard to find and expensive.

We got our last one from a friend who bred them, they lost all their cats and home to a fire though.

#18 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,077 posts

Posted February 15, 2016 - 04:45 PM

Never heard of a Cornish rex before.  They have huge ears and small heads?  Odd looking cat.

#19 TAHOE OFFLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 6,482 Thanks
  • 4,941 posts

Posted February 16, 2016 - 09:32 AM

They actually look like a hairless Sphinx, but their fur is actually short and wavy, soft as cotton. They look under fed and have long scrawny legs with a big round head and huge ears. Everyone use to ask us , What's wrong with your cat?"  Haha. 

Charlie 2.JPG

Charlie.JPG

Edited by TAHOE, February 16, 2016 - 09:33 AM.

#20 Cvans OFFLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,483 Thanks
  • 5,013 posts

Posted February 16, 2016 - 11:32 AM

I'm not a real Cat person but they seem to really like me for some reason. Have thought if I ever decide to try a house cat that the Manx cats look pretty neat. They kind of have that " let's keep things fun" nature.

#21 skyrydr2 ONLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5032
  • 3,409 Thanks
  • 3,159 posts

Posted February 16, 2016 - 12:01 PM

Nope... No cats here!! I don't like them much. I love my dogs and will never be with out one.
But there is a lot to be said about a good mouse catching kitty!! If they were only as loving and loyal as a dog I would have one, but to this day have never seen or met one. Heck, my pony was more loyal and loving than any cats we ever had LOL.

Edited by skyrydr2, February 16, 2016 - 12:02 PM.

#22 TAHOE OFFLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 6,482 Thanks
  • 4,941 posts

Posted February 16, 2016 - 12:22 PM

Nope... No cats here!! I don't like them much. I love my dogs and will never be with out one.
But there is a lot to be said about a good mouse catching kitty!! If they were only as loving and loyal as a dog I would have one, but to this day have never seen or met one. Heck, my pony was more loyal and loving than any cats we ever had LOL.

I bet our old Charlie would have changed your mind. He didn't know a stranger and wanted to be a your lap cat no matter who you were.He even came running when you called his name. He did have his moments of just wanting to lie in the sun or on a hot register to sleep, but there were times when I had wished he would leave me alone, he loved people. Too bad he died at only 7 yrs old from probably his heart murmur. Vet said he could live until he was 15-20 or die at anytime just jumping off the couch, my mom found him in her bathroom floor. It appeared he jumped down from the sink and died right there.

• toomanytoys84 said thank you

#23 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,077 posts

Posted February 16, 2016 - 01:07 PM

I bet our old Charlie would have changed your mind. He didn't know a stranger and wanted to be a your lap cat no matter who you were.He even came running when you called his name. He did have his moments of just wanting to lie in the sun or on a hot register to sleep, but there were times when I had wished he would leave me alone, he loved people. Too bad he died at only 7 yrs old from probably his heart murmur. Vet said he could live until he was 15-20 or die at anytime just jumping off the couch, my mom found him in her bathroom floor. It appeared he jumped down from the sink and died right there.

I agree. My parents had 7 indoor cats at one time.  They were the welcoming group to anyone who showed up.  They all knew their names if you yelled for one, he'd come running to you.  They were happiest when they were with you.  They'd sit on your lap, sit beside you, sit above you(on the back of the couch).  If you were gone all day, they were missed you.  When you got home and would rub all over you when you walked in.

• TAHOE said thank you