36 replies to this topic

#31 IHCubGuy OFFLINE  

IHCubGuy

Tractorholic

• Member No: 3438
  • 1,356 Thanks
  • 1,474 posts

Posted January 15, 2016 - 04:02 PM

I just went to Youtube to check out the video and I see the publish date was 2012.  That things been out there for 4 years!  At least its made of aircraft aluminum for superior strength.  Also I wonder why you never see the front of the tractor.  Maybe someones on the hood holding it down to move the boat?

Edited by IHCubGuy, January 15, 2016 - 04:05 PM.

• MH81 said thank you

#32 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,647 Thanks
  • 6,460 posts

Posted January 15, 2016 - 08:01 PM

There is a longer video link once you look on mounting the rig to a tractor. Whole thing is kinda long and tractor is just a lawn tractor looks like.  I think it would be OK for lighter trailers or empty ones.  Still would need to be a heavy tractor and I would like steel hitch for my preference, just watch what is hooked up. AND, hitch might be in way of other things you want to mount to tractor later and have to come off anyway.  I'll give it a Fan-flop, medium vote then.  I use my big PK to move my bigger trailer with three point raised up. It does OK, but not greatest with-out front weights and this is on level most part too.

• MH81 said thank you

#33 daytime dave OFFLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted January 15, 2016 - 09:10 PM

I saw a laundry list of issues as well. Thought I'd share and make certain I wasn't a nervous nelly.
I actually winced when he moved forward the first time.
And what the heck is he using for a draw pin?

Interesting that the first thing they say is riding mowers have a low center of gravity, then they change that with the hitch.

Fits all hitch balls attachicon.gifdontfit.JPG- Except this one.

And is he using an adjustable desk foot for the pin?

attachicon.gifdesk.JPG

attachicon.gifdesk2.JPG

I wouldn't use it. My trailer does just fine on the factory hitch position. 

I suppose if you were on perfectly level ground it wouldn't be too bad. Stopping could get exciting. I think a better option would be a dolly that hooked to the factory hitch and then the trailer sat on top of that. 

When I watched the video, it looked like an appliance leveling foot, like on a washing machine or dryer.  Not my first choice to instill confidence in a potential customer.  

Edited by daytime dave, January 15, 2016 - 09:11 PM.

• MH81 said thank you

#34 FixItCharlie ONLINE  

FixItCharlie
  • Member No: 47950
  • 357 Thanks
  • 258 posts

Posted January 16, 2016 - 02:37 PM

I remember when big tractors came with a warning label to never hook to anything above the rear axle.  I also remember the story of farmers who died on some of the first early tractors when would take a chain to tow something & place it over the axle, under the belly of the tractor then over the axle on the other side. The next thing they knew was the tractor was on top of them just because they wanted some lifting when trying to pull something. It was not long after this that weights became available for putting on the front of tractors but still remember the older farmers yelling at you if you ever attempted to hook to anything above the rear axle. When I have wanted to tow heavier trailers I have removed the handle from my HFT Tow Dolly & made a hitch for it to tow behind my GT to tow trailers.

Charlie

• MH81 and Cvans have said thanks

#35 TAHOE OFFLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,480 Thanks
  • 4,937 posts

Posted January 18, 2016 - 08:40 AM

The draw pin looks like a wheel off my garage door lol.

I moved my trailer around with my sears, it's weighted down and I still have issues. That is a disaster waiting  to happen, especially on a little box store junker. Either it's gonna flip or the tranny will be busted. 

• MH81 said thank you

#36 IHCubGuy OFFLINE  

IHCubGuy

Tractorholic

• Member No: 3438
  • 1,356 Thanks
  • 1,474 posts

Posted January 18, 2016 - 10:29 AM

Either it's gonna flip or the tranny will be busted. 

Or the latter will cause the former.

• MH81 and TAHOE have said thanks

#37 holdenboy1960 ONLINE  

holdenboy1960
  • Member No: 62113
  • 1,472 Thanks
  • 819 posts

Posted January 30, 2016 - 06:03 AM

the hitch needs to be on lift arms & tool bar so that the hitch height can be adjusted for best traction & safe mobility 

Shane

• MH81 said thank you