5 replies to this topic

#1 Bill56 OFFLINE  

Bill56

Tractorholic

• Member No: 60
  • 839 Thanks
  • 2,179 posts

Posted March 17, 2010 - 10:17 PM

Anyone have their garden going yet? I started my indoor planting yesterday. 18 tomato plants and 6 each of, cabbage, eggplant, and zucchini. Also 48 Marigold and 48 Petunia.
If the ground stays dry enough, I want to get some radishes and carrots planted outside in a couple weeks. Might try a few potatoes too. Hope to get a hotbed made to move the plants outside in a month or so.
I'm getting hungry for some fresh veggies!:bounce:

#2 Bolens 1000 OFFLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,684 Thanks
  • 17,204 posts

Posted March 18, 2010 - 05:33 AM

Its still a little to early for plating stuff around here. Its so wet that If I were to take the Bolens with the tiller in the garden, I think it would sink right in. We probably got about another month to go.

#3 Bill56 OFFLINE  

Bill56

Tractorholic

• 839 Thanks
  • 2,179 posts

Posted March 18, 2010 - 07:57 AM

The ground is pretty wet here too. I just have a walk-behind tiller, so I might be able to work up a row or 2 in a couple weeks. Just want to get as early a start as possible for the plants that can take the cooler weather. It's been in the 60's here, all week, but 40's and snow showers are predicted for the weekend.

#4 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted March 18, 2010 - 12:33 PM

The weather has been great this week. I don't know much about planting but hopefully everything cooperates to allow for some early planting. I hope spring doesn't just zip on by this year.

#5 poncho62 OFFLINE  

poncho62
  • Member No: 42
  • 631 Thanks
  • 1,219 posts

Posted March 19, 2010 - 05:05 PM

Way up here, we can't plant seeds until middle of May....Plants, 1st of June...........Other than that, Canada's great...........LOL

Radishes are good early crops, but you dont want to plant potatoes too early. So I have been told

#6 Bill56 OFFLINE  

Bill56

Tractorholic

• 839 Thanks
  • 2,179 posts

Posted March 19, 2010 - 07:54 PM

Way up here, we can't plant seeds until middle of May....Plants, 1st of June...........Other than that, Canada's great...........LOL

Radishes are good early crops, but you dont want to plant potatoes too early. So I have been told

Some years, it can be that way here too. That's why I want to build the hot box, so they can be outside, but protected too. Never tried it before, but it seems like a good idea.