13 replies to this topic

#1 HANKG ONLINE  

HANKG
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 29484
  • 4,867 Thanks
  • 2,788 posts

Posted January 14, 2016 - 04:38 PM

I recently complained about a GT deal where a seller did not respond to my inquiries , which were not over the top does it run, is the transmission operable in all gears. The GT I'm speaking of was a Springfield, after weeks of trying to contact the seller I was ready to give up when the phone rang one day and it was him ? I was like uh.. you are... ? so I make the deal and catch a nice and somewhat unusual 1964 Springfield 10 Horse, which remains for sale to this day by the seller. Well here we go again I see this very cool GT for sale and I'm laying back on it a bit , I text the owner express my interest not with an offer but pay price no response ? That's the kind of crap I #34yin hate. anyone?
  • MH81, wvbuzzmaster, KennyP and 7 others have said thanks

#2 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,371 Thanks
  • 39,644 posts

Posted January 14, 2016 - 05:40 PM

It would be nice if folks would respond to inquiries!

• Cvans, michael.kitko, HANKG and 3 others have said thanks

#3 Eric OFFLINE  

Eric
  • Member No: 41778
  • 987 Thanks
  • 669 posts

Posted January 14, 2016 - 06:44 PM

This happens a lot if you buy and sell on cl, people post what they have and don't really want to sell just want to find out how rich they could be! Most sellers I come across seem to be thinking that they have a goldmine and most buyers think that your things should be given to them. In this day and age of instant gratification and being able to post your item on a whim with no backlash for acting like a puts to the party calling for your ad, people have the assumption of being anonymous and like all good modern Americans act a fool and no repercussion ever happens! It is a shame how far we have fallen but also a reality we will need to accept if we want to go on destroying what was so hard won for us so long ago. Sorry to hear of another having difficulties with what seems to be an all to often occurrence, good luck and keep trying because we all know what it means to keep trying something and getting the same results! You guessed it citizenship!
  • Alc, michael.kitko, TomLGT195 and 3 others have said thanks

#4 WNYTractorTinkerer OFFLINE  

WNYTractorTinkerer

Tinker Master

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10789
  • 8,301 Thanks
  • 4,656 posts

Posted January 14, 2016 - 06:55 PM

Report his ass!

• HANKG, chieffan and 637Yeoman have said thanks

#5 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 6,136 Thanks
  • 4,487 posts

Posted January 14, 2016 - 07:55 PM

Sorry to say but that is the trend of the younger generation.  No respect for anything or anyone.  Courtesy went out the window a long time ago.  All they want is a piece of paper that said they went to school for 4 years and expect a position, not a job, with no work and answer to no one but themselves as long as they get a BIG pay check. 

Not only on CL but about everywhere you look.  On CL I make a phone call or two if the number is posted.  If they want a text they get nothing as I don't/won't text.  They get 2 chances to get back to me if they don't answer and I leave a message.  After that I move on.  Have never had a problem  dealing with people over 30 but there are always a few out there.

• dodge trucker, michael.kitko, HANKG and 2 others have said thanks

#6 dodge trucker OFFLINE  

dodge trucker
  • Member No: 19314
  • 1,437 Thanks
  • 1,895 posts

Posted January 14, 2016 - 10:06 PM

Report his ass!

to who?   (that would serve consequence)

#7 Eric OFFLINE  

Eric
  • Member No: 41778
  • 987 Thanks
  • 669 posts

Posted January 14, 2016 - 10:28 PM

Who is Craig and how do I tell him how bad people are behaving on his list!
  • WNYTractorTinkerer and HANKG have said thanks

#8 WNYTractorTinkerer OFFLINE  

WNYTractorTinkerer

Tinker Master

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10789
  • 8,301 Thanks
  • 4,656 posts

Posted January 14, 2016 - 10:55 PM

to who?   (that would serve consequence)

Report abuse..  Click the button and see what happens..  Maybe you'll get contacted back or the ad will be removed?

#9 petrj6 ONLINE  

petrj6
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 53717
  • 3,805 Thanks
  • 2,216 posts

Posted January 15, 2016 - 04:57 AM

If it makes you feel any better it happens to us all, recently I spotted an ad for I-beams.  just a listing for lots of 8" I-beams cheap $200 so I send the seller an e-mail asking for a complete list off what he had, length width height and if he wanted $200 for the lot?  not ten minutes went by and I get an e-mail back and this is a direct quote   " no and no "  that was all.  he must not have wanted to sell them.  Good luck with your new gt purchase.

Pete

• HANKG said thank you

#10 karl OFFLINE  

karl
  • Member No: 38218
  • 1,032 Thanks
  • 768 posts

Posted January 15, 2016 - 05:56 AM

I just respondered to a cl add for a panzer snow blower attachment, he wanted my email so he could send me pictures.I didn't ask for pictures' but I sent it to him, he sends me the drawning from the attachment pictures.and says this is what it looks like. little does this ass know that he also has a sears attachment for sale from the same cl mail address. they look the same but their not. I told him give me an address and a time to pick it up, I haven't heard back from him yet. I think I will inquire about the sears attachment and see how far I can take this liar. it would be nice to pay him a visit. I love to instill my virtue apon friggin liars. RIGHTEOUS ANGER IS NOT A SIN! 

• limebuzz and HANKG have said thanks

#11 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,227 Thanks
  • 5,069 posts

Posted January 16, 2016 - 02:24 PM

I agree with all said here. Craigslist is certainly a love hate relationship with me as well.

I could tell 100s of stories of how craigslist has made me mad over the years. Yet I browse it daily
  • HANKG said thank you

#12 toppop52 OFFLINE  

toppop52
  • Member No: 54420
  • 3,447 Thanks
  • 3,356 posts

Posted January 16, 2016 - 08:49 PM

I got up with a guy after trying off and on for over a month, I'd given up when I got an email. He had listed a several places and forgot about CL. He checked and saw my emails, then contacted me. He'd done a poor job of listing the car, little detail and poor description, it was his dads '85 442 with 41000 miles, a fresh machine shop performance built small block Olds, shift kit, fresh interior, fresh paint with all sheet metal removed, all weather seals and two sets of T-tops, for $4500. I even got a hinder with pics of the restoration. His dad had come down with a debilitating progressive disease. I get aggravated, but I don't give up!
  • HANKG said thank you

#13 jabelman OFFLINE  

jabelman
  • Member No: 38843
  • 1,471 Thanks
  • 1,133 posts

Posted January 16, 2016 - 09:10 PM

you want the answer how to buy on Craigslist...

don't argue or negotiate the price tell them you have cash and I can pickup asap.

when I used to sell on Craigslist there is nothing more annoying than someone showing up then try beat you down. I used to make it perfectly clear before they came price is what I want. I had great success selling but it's a hassle to many nut jobs
the site got difficult to sell on you can't tell the fakes over the real people and it's not regulated. ebay is much safer I would rather pay the fees and a least know and have an idea who is buying

Edited by jabelman, January 16, 2016 - 09:12 PM.

• michael.kitko and HANKG have said thanks

#14 adamjd200 OFFLINE  

adamjd200
  • Member No: 39654
  • 1,391 Thanks
  • 1,526 posts

Posted January 19, 2016 - 04:00 PM

I agree with what has been said already, the other big thing that annoys me is the morons who post adds complaining about stuff they don't like that is allowed telling others to flag those adds, usually happen most in winter when people are posting snow blowers a lot, here is a few examples.

http://rochester.cra...5402621640.html

http://rochester.cra...5408244143.html

Most of the items they are complaining about are not in bad condition and fairly priced for the time of year, sometimes I think these people only think new stuff should be allowed or is all anyone wants.

• michael.kitko and HANKG have said thanks