#31 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3761
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted April 09, 2016 - 01:32 PM

I will be there next weekend, however I will be in incognito so to speak, as I won't be plowing with a John Deere.  :(  Goes against my grain, and will put a big dent in my reputation driving a different colored tractor, however the father and son time spent between my son Caleb, myself, and my father will be worth it. I will be plowing with one of my Dad's tractors, a Speedex S-24, and have never driven the tractor before. Should be quite the adventure I'm sure. Hope to see a lot of old Friends there, as well as looking forward to meeting new Friends. Heed the warning though, don't harass me about the tractor I'm driving! I'm putting my pride aside and swallowing hard, as I'll do whatever it takes to have quality time with Family, even if it means giving up the luxury of driving a Deere.  :thumbs:

• MH81, Alc, IHCubGuy and 5 others have said thanks

#32 IHCubGuy OFFLINE  

IHCubGuy

Tractorholic

• Member No: 3438
  • 1,356 Thanks
  • 1,474 posts

Posted April 09, 2016 - 05:14 PM

I will be there next weekend, however I will be in incognito so to speak, as I won't be plowing with a John Deere.  :(  Goes against my grain, and will put a big dent in my reputation driving a different colored tractor, however the father and son time spent between my son Caleb, myself, and my father will be worth it. I will be plowing with one of my Dad's tractors, a Speedex S-24, and have never driven the tractor before. Should be quite the adventure I'm sure. Hope to see a lot of old Friends there, as well as looking forward to meeting new Friends. Heed the warning though, don't harass me about the tractor I'm driving! I'm putting my pride aside and swallowing hard, as I'll do whatever it takes to have quality time with Family, even if it means giving up the luxury of driving a Deere.  :thumbs:

We need a picture of this!  Maybe we can get you to drive something else like say one of my Cub Cadets?   LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!  All in good fun man, we are just glad that you'll be there with us.

• MH81, johndeereelfman and sacsr have said thanks

#33 IHCubGuy OFFLINE  

IHCubGuy

Tractorholic

• 1,356 Thanks
  • 1,474 posts

Posted April 09, 2016 - 05:17 PM

One week from plowing lam 90 miles north in Tioga PA and at 11:30 am 3" of snow and still coming down. What plow should I bring LOL See you all in a week.

We had about 3" by noon and it's all gone already.  I think a moldboard plow will be in order.   :D

• MH81 said thank you

#34 TomLGT195 OFFLINE  

TomLGT195
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 29432
  • 2,800 Thanks
  • 2,200 posts

Posted April 10, 2016 - 06:20 PM

Tractor is loaded! 

IMG_2014.jpg

Strap them down and load another in the truck and I'm ready.  Won't be plowing at night,  but should be there Friday evening.  

• MH81, Alc and sacsr have said thanks

#35 MH81 OFFLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,277 Thanks
  • 28,615 posts

Posted April 12, 2016 - 07:06 AM

I'm still coming, but the plans have changed.
Ryan is attending Skills USA state level competition. They won't be getting back in time to go with us, and even if they do, he will have spent 6 hours in a van just to turn around and ride for 5 more... He said no thanks. :D

KK and I are coming, BUT a sudden reschedule of a make up softball game (don't get me started) will cause us to not leave until 7 pm Friday from an hour further North. It will be her first start as Varsity, so I can't make her miss.

Looking at a 2am arrival.
Sorry if we wake anyone up.
  • limebuzz, Texas Deere and Horse, wvbuzzmaster and 3 others have said thanks

#36 jpackard56 OFFLINE  

jpackard56

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7225
  • 1,768 Thanks
  • 1,407 posts

Posted April 12, 2016 - 08:38 AM

I'm planning on coming from NC with Vince_O from SC. Still trying to talk our buddy Todd from GA to come too! Looks like Gator from GA with his Case tractors will be coming as well!!

Wow, Vince O maybe there ! Can't even remember the last time he was in PA ! But alas I have a family fishing derby that weekend so even though this sounds like the place to be, I'll be going the other direction. You ALL have a great time and I'll see about next year.

• MH81 said thank you

#37 IHCubGuy OFFLINE  

IHCubGuy

Tractorholic

• 1,356 Thanks
  • 1,474 posts

Posted April 12, 2016 - 02:39 PM

I'm still coming, but the plans have changed.
Ryan is attending Skills USA state level competition. They won't be getting back in time to go with us, and even if they do, he will have spent 6 hours in a van just to turn around and ride for 5 more... He said no thanks. :D

KK and I are coming, BUT a sudden reschedule of a make up softball game (don't get me started) will cause us to not leave until 7 pm Friday from an hour further North. It will be her first start as Varsity, so I can't make her miss.

Looking at a 2am arrival.
Sorry if we wake anyone up.

Won't wake me up.  I will be snug in my own bed.  LOL!!!!!!!!  Seriously though Alan you and KK be safe on your journey east at such a late hour.

• limebuzz, MH81 and KennyP have said thanks

#38 Cublover OFFLINE  

Cublover
  • Member No: 9512
  • 90 Thanks
  • 110 posts

Posted April 12, 2016 - 03:04 PM

Looks like no one will.be making the trip with me. Awe well their loss. I always have a good time so I will be there.
  • MH81 said thank you

#39 grand OFFLINE  

grand

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 1,909 posts

Posted April 14, 2016 - 09:36 AM

George and I won't be at the Plow Day Friday but hope to arrive early Saturday morning. Looking forward to once again seeing the many friends we have made the last several years. We hope to set up our tent close to registration and have the GTTalk banner for the members to sign. I know many of you will have already registered but there will be a meeting before plowing starts so please take the time to stop by and say hello. Weather so far looks great so we'll see you there.

• MH81, Cublover and TomLGT195 have said thanks

#40 mowinman2 OFFLINE  

mowinman2

Always on the Hunt

• Contributor
  • Member No: 5587
  • 197 Thanks
  • 243 posts

Posted April 14, 2016 - 11:41 AM

Anyone needing some 15" 2 piece wheel weights.
  • MH81 said thank you

#41 Cublover OFFLINE  

Cublover
  • Member No: 9512
  • 90 Thanks
  • 110 posts

Posted April 15, 2016 - 06:35 PM

All loaded up and ready to leave early am. I always say i'm going on Friday and never make it. Last minute things to do.

#42 Jake OFFLINE  

Jake

• Member No: 1241
  • 194 Thanks
  • 111 posts

Posted April 15, 2016 - 06:40 PM

All loaded will be out the door by 5:30 am

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpeg

#43 olds45512 OFFLINE  

olds45512
  • Member No: 77943
  • 609 Thanks
  • 349 posts

Posted April 15, 2016 - 07:48 PM

If anybody wants to talk don't be afraid to stop me, I'll be the guy driving one of these two.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_20160415_170458871_HDR.jpg
  • IMG_20160415_170508483_HDR.jpg

#44 TomLGT195 OFFLINE  

TomLGT195
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 29432
  • 2,800 Thanks
  • 2,200 posts

Posted April 15, 2016 - 08:03 PM

I made it here, at the hotel, be there bright and early.
image.jpeg
I'll be driving the Bolens.

#45 IHCubGuy OFFLINE  

IHCubGuy

Tractorholic

• 1,356 Thanks
  • 1,474 posts

Posted April 15, 2016 - 08:31 PM

Anyone that's never been to this before won't be disappointed.  The plowing should be AWESOME tomorrow!  There was some rye we plowed in today, it wasn't great but was doable.  They were going to start plowing a soybean field tonight but there should be lots of bean stubble to plow tomorrow.  The bean ground will be nice going.  Get ready guys, it will be a good one.